Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks awful alright, looking forward to the WIP shots of the conversion!
    What sort of time frame are you looking at?

BGOllie wrote: »
    yep. one of those coinopwharehouse mass discount events for $120 . got it shipped in one of RGP's containers

That's cool.I'm afraid to ask how much the shipping was !!
    Was it hassle free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Browsing CEX and I wanted a horror fix so I picked up Resi 7 and Dead Space 2 & 3 (Dead Space 1 from Adverts)

Not even sure if I'll get through them before the end of Xmas but they're there now if I want to.

4sAVCtJh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Ok guys

Just replaced my mig 1200....

Link below....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-COMMODORE-AMIGA-1200-RACE-N-CHASE-IN-ORIGINAL-BOX-AND-PACKING/282740334684?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Now to other things...

I did the most stuipides thing ever, Saw an amiga CD32 on gumtree.co.uk...

Link Below....

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-video-games/amiga-cd32-bits-commodore-console/1269236985

Sent the guy the money using a bank transfer ( I know, I know), he does not have an paypal account.

well to say he has my money and has not sent the cd32...what a Bast***

He has been posting adds on gumtree for the last 9 years....

I have rasied the issue with Gumtree and have an email typed up to send to his local police station

Here are some snipets from our messaging...

HI Adam ANy Update ???? Has the money been lodged into your account??? Regards-Me - 29/11/2017 20:47

Hi yes recived money just need to collect console from my storage place and send it you,I'm working away from home back sunday so i send it monday many thanks.
    Adam - 30/11/2017 08:32

HI Adam Any Update????? I would like to get this before Christmas.. Regards-Me - 05/12/2017 21:28

Hi back home from work tomorrow night as been delayed and done more over time sorry
    Adam - 05/12/2017 21:33

Hi any update-Me - Sun 01:34

Hi sorry as i dident reply back to your messages as my phone was off because i dropped it in water been drying it out and was waiting for my me battery to arrive as battery dident charge any more i lots all your details plesae send me full address to were you wanting it posting sorry once again i was wait for you to tx me
    Adam - Sun 01:39

He's still replying to your messages so I wouldn't call it a lost cause yet. Maybe he's just an idiot.
    I'm optimistic you'll get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah that reads more like ineptitude rather than him being malicious. I'd say you may still get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

He's still replying to your messages so I wouldn't call it a lost cause yet. Maybe he's just an idiot.
    I'm optimistic you'll get it
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah that reads more like ineptitude rather than him being malicious. I'd say you may still get it.

I'm picturing this guy. :pac:

frankspencerohcrap_6242.jpg

Joking aside hopefully you get sorted alphahaeagle.

Master of the Universe

Frank!

Hi Guys

Still waiting to hear back from him.....Will give him till after Christmas, if nothing. I will email the police in England....

Chase him for a partial. It doesn't power up, he stated it did. The fact you can probably fix the damage that's done to it is beside the point, as far as you're concerned it's not as described

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Hi Guys

Still waiting to hear back from him.....Will give him till after Christmas, if nothing. I will email the police in England....

What a dickhead.

Are those emails or Gumtree chats? Because if they are emails then his home address is *cough* accessible

Master of the Universe

Was going through some carts and found a PGM 'Dodonpachi II' :eek:

Completely forgot I picked up a kit a couple of years back. I'd stuck The Gladiator in the PGM Mobo and stored the 'Pachi cart away, completely forgetting about it.

IMG_20171214_202425881_preview.jpg

Nice find and thanks for reminding me. These were the kits that came from yaton on ebay, he was listing them for weeks

Nice find and thanks for reminding me. These were the kits that came from yaton on ebay, he was listing them for weeks

Well mozie
    When we gonna see pics of your arcade?
    Must be at 30 machines by now!

Master of the Universe

That was it alright! I'd never played it until yesterday :eek:

It gets a lot of flack but it's a fun game. I see there's a new revision ROM you can pick up on ebay for fairly cheap which seems to enhance it a bit.

What a dickhead.

Are those emails or Gumtree chats? Because if they are emails then his home address is *cough* accessible

Gumtree Chats....

Master of the Universe

You can fix 72 pin connectors by just bending each pin back out. Dont necessarily need to get a new one.

It's an OK price. Fairly standard. You'd get one cheaper, but some other folks have paid more.

Handy trick, if you want to exclude Snes and NES mini consoles from your each searches, just tag -mini onto the end of your search.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

If its a PAL console then I wouldn't bother tbh.

Oh Smyths in Navan have a couple of SNES minis in stock, at least they did last night. Yer man says the website stock is not accurate so worth ringing them.

Master of the Universe

Just bought myself another wemo wireless switch. One step closer to 'Alexa, turn on the arcade machines..' :D

Just bought myself another wemo wireless switch. One step closer to 'Alexa, turn on the arcade machines..' :D

I wouldnt have one of those listening devices in my house!
    My mate assures me they are fine but he got a bit nervous when i started shouting about isis etc etc :D
    He's now on a watch list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Got a few more NES games over the last while. The Simpsons game isn't great but the others are good fun. Have only played Blades of Steel single player so far, it's meant to be a great 2 player game.

Realised that I don't really care about boxed games with manuals. Happy enough with just carts once they work and the label is in good condition. Could have saved some € in hindsight. Think I'll start getting some PAL B carts, so I've disabled the lockout chip on my NES.

IMAG1221.jpg
    temporary image hosting

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive elgato eve plugs in all my cabs and pins, can turn them all on and off from Apple Home, the future is now! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just won another copy of Death and Return of Superman for the mega drive.

Already arranged with the seller for payment when I'm back from my honeymoon and have a few quid. Now just need to buy back Mega Man, the Wily wars and I'll he happy :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Aside from the Switch I got from my lovely and better half over Xmas, the only proper retro thing I got this week was a little Pixel-Pal Mario. I didn't know it lit up!

bD7ufqFm.png

OIK3hgNl.jpg

vn6mXcJh.jpg

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas!

Master of the Universe

The only videogame I got this Christmas.

My sister, the ultimate troll, even put a copy of Jack Nicklaus' Power Challenge inside of it.

IMG_20171223_171231444.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Nothing retro here, I got a very cool frog lamp.
    Hoping to get some games in the sales for PS4. I won a digital copy of 2064: Read Only Memories through The Gay Gamers blog too which was fantastic.
    Edit : ordered a copy of Blue Reflection, treat yo self

Nothing retro here either but my copy of bloodborne will be going unplayed for a while. Cut up my left thumb trying to open a fancy bottle of whiskey.
    My own fault but you live and learn I suppose :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I just realized I forgot to post this, it's both retro and Christmasy.
    I got it the week before Christmas, I haven't got out the Saturn yet I was too busy.
    26114567_2031507927067843_1285610577655427376_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0767e0bc39339e6bed5b9b2cb670698d&oe=5AFB1F48

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

We were told not to post pictures of the front before christmas day. :) Got my crash 2018 annual.
    5kq8ih.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nothing retro here either but my copy of bloodborne will be going unplayed for a while. Cut up my left thumb trying to open a fancy bottle of whiskey.
    My own fault but you live and learn I suppose :)

Probably for the best.
    If the Blood Starved Beast got a whiff of that wound, you'd be cream crackered!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement