Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

No actual games but a few retro bits and bobs.
    IMG_20171227_173126659.jpg

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

A wonderful friend of mine sent me a Sonic dress and two tees. I still can't get over it, they're just so cool, I had missed out on buying a similar Sonic dress years ago. I really do have some unbelievably kind friends
    26173485_2032630626955573_2982887734177024762_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b801c680e261caa35589f12579ef1e96&oe=5AFB1020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

26001361_10215440420506484_7301257981831330708_n.jpg?oh=92b9d13d011a0103fab45395496cbb4b&oe=5AC12324

This just arrived onto my desk in work.

The pre-orders weren't supposed to start shipping until January so it was a pleasant surprise.

Friend of mine who also has a copy says that there are some issues so I'll see how it plays when I get home.

MrVestek wrote: »
    26001361_10215440420506484_7301257981831330708_n.jpg?oh=92b9d13d011a0103fab45395496cbb4b&oe=5AC12324

This just arrived onto my desk in work.

The pre-orders weren't supposed to start shipping until January so it was a pleasant surprise.

Friend of mine who also has a copy says that there are some issues so I'll see how it plays when I get home.
    I was hoping to get that too but it's not all the songs isn't it not? Like Meteor Herd or something wasn't on it so I didn't get it.

Got these from Base on sale
    26173136_2035425320009437_8778301261316342304_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=78dd3284d5c50f4e727e25a87c273d21&oe=5AED4C11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,216 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Picked up my new 14 Inch BVM last night. Didnt get a chance to hook it up yet, but it looks to be in good order and no rattling coming from inside this time...!

Hopefully I'll be able to get it connected up this weekend. Going to run all of my consoles into it and then the video out from that to the LMD.

Why you may ask? :D

I've a bit of an annoying problem at the moment where I like playing PS2/Dreamcast games on the LMD, but obviously can't play lightgun games this way as it's an LCD. So chaining the video signal this way will mean I can continue to use the LMD for most PS2/DC games, but then use the BVM for lightgun games without having to disconnect/reconnect scart cables.

My Punyus x Pacstore dress came, way too big but I can fix it. Never ordered from them before so wasn't sure how sizing would work.

26167367_2036070489944920_7895501243747528564_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=541453b74210b467fc6888cb544d442c&oe=5AF4685F

Master of the Universe

I can't even, this monitor is just perfect.

IMG_20180105_230432941.jpg

IMG_20180105_230753335.jpg
    upload image to url

And I even got to have a bit of fun and do a proper Sony LMD LCD lag test.

Absolutely zero. I thought there would be a frame or two dropped but nothing at all. It's frame for frame with the CRT :eek:

IMG_20180105_225849674.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Make sure you pack up that LMD monitor well now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Picked up something to give the Amiga CD32 a little boost(TF328 and CD32 Riser board). An extra 8MB fast ram, CF hard drive interface as well as RGB vid and PC keyboard port.
    I've tested it and it boots to workbench fine and runs all the usual whdload games that you would expect to work on a slightly upgraded A1200.
    I do wish the design was a little cleaner, the PS/2 and RGB ports are not located in the best of locations at all.

Just need to work on the design for a 3D printed cover now as it's a bit naked looking.

IB4rNOL.jpg

GUXgJOx.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Make sure you pack up that LMD monitor well now :)

Not to worry, I have two :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

See you tomorrow morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This thing is awkward to make a cover for. Why would they stick the PS/2 where it is when there's so much space elsewhere. Video port isn't as bad, but still could have been positioned in a more civilised area.

locTZT5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Few more NES games.

Havn't played Dream Master yet. Rygar is great, it's a side scrolling platformer. Captain Skyhawk is a vertical scrolling shooter, really like it. Ultimate Air Combat is a mixture of flight sim and top down shooter, really good as well. Stealth is mainly a flight sim but isn't even as good as the flight sim sections of UAC.

IMAG1244.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Steve X2 wrote: »
    This thing is awkward to make a cover for. Why would they stick the PS/2 where it is when there's so much space elsewhere.

A little repositioning mod on the cards?

Inviere wrote: »
    A little repositioning mod on the cards?

Could remove it and replace/move it to a position on a printed case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Could remove it and replace/move it to a position on a printed case

Precisely :) The positioning does seem a bit of an afterthought!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm now the proud owner of a pair of Sega Lock-On guns and a GP32x doodah.
    Thanks O1s!

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm now the proud owner of a pair of Sega Lock-On guns and a GP32x doodah.
    Thanks O1s!

Try not to get shot! :pac:

The main emulator I have set up on that is Final Burn Alpha by the way, should be a FBA executable in the menu somewhere.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Try not to get shot! :pac:

The main emulator I have set up on that is Final Burn Alpha by the way, should be a FBA executable in the menu somewhere.

Yep, had a blast of Progear already!

Going to see what else works well on it.

Apparently that breakout box with it rare enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Just got myself a Commodore Plus 4 with tape drive, Commodore plus 4 joystick and @ 10 games on both tape and cartridge.

Sony LMD LCD via Ciderman from o1s1n
    438122.jpg
    (its the one on the left)

A bit of hackery with cables and I've a composite input. Looks good. I've not a ton of cables and a device which should allow me get SCART/RGB into it. Lets see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Conchir

Grabbed these around Christmas. Particularly pleased with Arena as I've been searching for it for a good while, but really I've my heart set on a Deluxe Edition if I can find one.

C0C27DOh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Oh those boxes are in good shape.

I just got the C64/Vic20 SD2IEC and a Pico power supply for my Mame machine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I miss big box PC games.

I miss being Ciderman the Younger, in '86, buying his Sinclair Spectrum games in the Virgin Megastore on Aston Quay, looking on at the big box Atari ST and Amiga games.... drool....

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I miss big box PC games.

They're gorgeous, but your average Irish house can only hold about five at a time :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Conchir

They really do look good. I'm surprised some enterprising group hasn't jumped on their popularity and produced custom big boxes for modern games. I'm sure if the right look/feel/artwork was achieved there would be some kind of market for them. Just look at all the special edition hard back books and illustrated editions on the shelves in bookshops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Conchir wrote: »
    They really do look good. I'm surprised some enterprising group hasn't jumped on their popularity and produced custom big boxes for modern games. I'm sure if the right look/feel/artwork was achieved there would be some kind of market for them. Just look at all the special edition hard back books and illustrated editions on the shelves in bookshops.

Would be nice alright.

Buying 'Switch' games is incredibly depressing, nothing in the case bar the tiny cart and it some instances you only get half the fecking game :mad:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Logically, the market should have switched to digital only years ago and I'd say the only reason it hasn't is because people fear the change. (me included!)

It's like games companies are very slowly trying to phase out physical formats by including as little as possible with every subsequent console generation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement