Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Because I'm a weirdo I've upgraded the FMV module in my CDi to the slightly better 020 revision :)
    If anyone needs the older "00" version let me know(it's for the CDi 220).

uSqYMCc.jpg

yDWz38z.jpg

sugarman wrote: »
    What's the difference Steve? Just better compatibility?

Same compatibility, but the "/20" revision fixes an issue with ghost sprites/green spots on some decoded video. It's not something many people would notice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

They are probably in rehab at that point from having to play Burn Cycle, and those gods awful Zelda games!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They are probably in rehab at that point from having to play Burn Cycle, and those gods awful Zelda games!

That's how it went for me anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,214 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Got my Retrogamecables Snes scart cable and just testing it out at the moment. Picture is absolutely amazing. Completely got rid of that feint checkerboard image I was seeing and the overall image just looks cleaner. Might pick up a few more for my most played consoles.

Box didn't fair so well though! :eek:

IMG_20180803_182028865.jpg

Also picked up a new rack for my hifi from a guy who makes them by hand over on adverts. Really looks the part.

IMG_20180805_160203270_HDR.jpg

https://www.adverts.ie/speakers/hi-fi-rack-with-speakers-stands/15940537

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Good job there was only a cable in that box, that rack looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »

The "I listen to metal" preset on the equalizer! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    The "I listen to metal" preset on the equalizer! :D

:D

Have you ever used 70s wooden cabinet speakers in a setup?

It's more a 'save the neighbours in my apartment complex from the bass in my system' setting. Theyre incredibly boomy.

Have them isolated now on granite slabs and it makes a big difference. Concrete floors and walls help too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got a 8Bitdo 'DIY' Mod Kit for a SNES controller;
    457617.jpg

PCB/Kit itself
    457618.jpg

...and done!
    457619.jpg

• Advertisement

Very cool. Do you have to open the controller every time to charge it? Or is there a method to charge without opening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Inviere wrote: »
    Very cool. Do you have to open the controller every time to charge it? Or is there a method to charge without opening?

Nop, they have an LED status led/power connector combo which fits into the old cable hole of the controller. You can see it in the 'PCB/Kit itself' image, the whiteish/clear thing in the middle and the '...and done' image but peeking out of the top of the controller.
    I'm guessing the USB connector on the PCB is more for when you want to update the firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

o1s1n wrote: »
    Got my Retrogamecables Snes scart cable and just testing it out at the moment. Picture is absolutely amazing. Completely got rid of that feint checkerboard image I was seeing and the overall image just looks cleaner.

Reckon a scart cable from them would improve the picture from my NES, over the ~26 year old cable I'm currently using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

accensi0n wrote: »
    Reckon a scart cable from them would improve the picture from my NES, over the ~26 year old cable I'm currently using?

Not unless you have the console modded for RGB.

^^ was the One S the Curry's pricing mistake bargain?

Noice :) I figured it was a mistake as they've changed the price now even though it's out of stock. Absolute bargain for €120 - a current gen console with a 4K BD-Rom Player, 4K video support, full range of XBO titles, range of 360 & OG titles too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Damn great price been after one for ages, may pop into Currys in Carlow and fingers crossed they have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I thought I was getting a good deal on mine for €209 :D

Need to get some 4K Blu-ray's though...

Master of the Universe

Remember I said there was nothing really valuable game wise to be had in second hand shops anymore?

Walking along town, see a few 3ds games in a window.

'Oooh, few interesting ones there, let me take a look'

>110 euro later<

ALL OF THE RPGS.

If you look closely, the games on the left are all still sealed in their original packaging. Yes that is Persona Q sealed and yes, it did cost me just a fiver :D

IMG_20180809_181554968.jpg

3DS games;

IMG_20180809_181701311.jpg

Prices!

IMG_20180809_181634670.jpg

DS games

IMG_20180809_181728340.jpg

I had 5 minutes to pick all of the above out of about 40 games and in my head work out if they were worth it price wise or not.

****ing stress :D will be heading back tomorrow just to make sure I didn't leave anything out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I have a vision of some young lad asking his mother where his box of games went :pac:

Actually that's a question for ye, has anyone ever donated your stuff to charity without asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I have a vision of some young lad asking his mother where his box of games went :pac:

Actually that's a question for ye, has anyone ever donated your stuff to charity without asking?

Yeah all my old Sega stuff, It wasn't even in the attic or anything was set up in my room, came back from a weekend away with friends and noticed it was gone, my mother gave it to a cousin as he played it when I wasn't there and liked it.

I was over there like lightning and got it all back, gave him a ps1 and few games instead so he still came out with a free console and games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Where did you get PQ for a fiver!?
    I wish I could put massive gets filtered out I'm so sickened :pac:

[
    Kenjataimu wrote: »

Oh stop I'd feel pure guilty having them.
    Nothing donated because we're like transgenerational hoarders :pac: only me and my sister donate stuff.

I did guilt my cousin into giving me his Game Gear, he said I enjoyed it more.

A friend just left a Dreamcast here for 7 months, I totally thought I'd be keeping it by then but his brother wanted to play Shenmue I think and got caught out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Nice gets, I haven't done my usual charity shop trawl in a few weeks...I dont think I've found anything in about a year now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Bought this on Thursday, wasn't expecting it today but surprisingly it was sent with priority international. Oddly enough it had paid UK shipping but free shipping to Ireland.

svvzyE4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Bought this on Thursday, wasn't expecting it today but surprisingly it was sent with priority international. Oddly enough it had paid UK shipping but free shipping to Ireland.

svvzyE4.jpg

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Managed to get a psp go in the end. Nice looking little thing. It'll do nicely for a P3P replay and the few psp RPGs I wanted to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭frasr

Picked this up today

458314.jpg

& after 15 mins with a white board marker....

458315.jpg

Odd thing I noticed on the back of the case is that the age cert states it's ok for 3-10 year olds....
    Am I correct in thinking that things were a little less political correct in the mid-nineties as it seems 2 "people" thumping the lard out of each other is OK for a 3 year old (I suppose once they had Windows 95 installed, everything was fair game)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Happened to stop by RAGE today, picked up Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus for the Japanese PS.
    Tagged at €29.99 got it for €24.99, which was mighty decent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,782 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice. Worth it alone for Salamander 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement