Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,774 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually, WarioLand is pretty poor in that regard. Great game but it could have been done on a Gameboy. Stuff like Mario Tennis, Space Squash and bound high make better use as they don't play the same without the depth perception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

150 with 7 games? Dont know much about the virtual boy scene but thats a bloody steal IMHO. Enjoy!

Got it for 120.....great deal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

RDnWiXMl.jpg

June was probably the worst month of my life, so as a means of therapy I spent about 30 quid on the PS Classic, and way too much on those headphones :pac:

I'm just waiting to get my hands on a USB drive so I can hack the PS.

I'm hoping there's a way to get an analog controller to work on it, with vibration included. I've heard reports that it is possible, I just didn't look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I think the newest BleemSync supports vibration? Could be wrong. Just make sure the USB is 2.0, otherwise you'll need a powered USB hub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I think the newest BleemSync supports vibration? Could be wrong. Just make sure the USB is 2.0, otherwise you'll need a powered USB hub.

Pardon my ignorance and naivety but; USB 2.0, not 3.0? I thought USB 3.0 was better/faster? If it's 2.0 I had my eye on a drive for only a couple of quid I could order right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Pardon my ignorance and naivety but; USB 2.0, not 3.0? I thought USB 3.0 was better/faster? If it's 2.0 I had my eye on a drive for only a couple of quid I could order right now

Yep, USB 2.0. It's due to the power limitations of the port on the Classic. Some USB 3.0 work, but most won't and it's easier to just get a 2.0. There's a SanDisk one that's cheap enough, Cruzer Blade or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OTG adaptor support on Bleemsync means that USB 3.0 now works just fine, so no need for a powered hub.
    Autobleem doesn't patch the system firmware so it still has previous limits, but the other does so it's good to go with the new firmware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

That raid-y feeling :)

Picked up a bunch of stuff today, all untested. I was expecting a lot more neo geo, and overall it didn't go as expected. But good all the same!

DSC-1505.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nice haul !

Nice one! Bear in mind the multi slots aren’t jamma..

• Advertisement

Nice haul !

Yeah some unusual stuff in there, blues journey, tehkan starforce, a mystery irem m82 board, section Z, slap fight, good few more, about 20 odd games

Nice one! Bear in mind the multi slots aren’t jamma..

I'm vaguely familiar with them, the game select is on pin 26...or something!

beejee wrote: »
    I'm vaguely familiar with them, the game select is on pin 26...or something!

Yeah it’s the stereo sound mostly, can just swap a wire around for testing purposes, all the one slots are jamma but multis not. Luke Morse has a video here may be helpful

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uVo9p7fL7NI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I love Blues Journey, nice haul

Testing things and came across capcom space invasion. Didn't ring a bell whatsoever. Turns out it was a specially made version of commando just for West Germany. Kinda cool. These things travel around

Is that the one where they replaced the enemies with aliens?? Remember a boot of that

The enemies are like armoured aliens yeah. It's not a boot though, legit capcom board. The eproms have official capcom "sp" stickers, not sure if that's the same for commando (sp=space?) . It also has capcom stickers I've never seen before stuck to the board. I'll put up a picture later for curiosity sake :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 anto002

I'm very pleased with my purchase.
    With the way the control panel is configured their are two ideal games for this machine.
    Rush n crash or legendary wings.

anto002 wrote: »
    I'm very pleased with my purchase.
    With the way the control panel is configured their are two ideal games for this machine.
    Rush n crash or legendary wings.

Would love to see a restore progress on this machine

Looks very cool. I honestly never remember, not even once, playing on a cocktail. Very handy for having a drink :P

• Advertisement

Got a chance to get this going, all good :) Original everything but the sticker isn't in the best of nick, not bad though. Have to get batteries sorted for these cps2!

If I remember correctly, 20th century Fox contacted Capcom about a new film they were going to make, Alien versus Predator. They handed the script over to Capcom and wanted them to have a game ready for the release of the film.

So Capcom got cracking and finished the game. But Fox shelved the film (we'd later get another version years later, which was "interesting"!)

But its cool to see that the original plot involved Arnie being back as Dutch, set slightly in the future etc. An alternate universe! Or at least I think that's how the story goes.

Anyway, great game, one of capcoms best brawlers, top gameplay (not personally mad about the music), top graphics. Played it a lot in Quirkeys when in first came out :)

AvP1.jpg

AvP2.jpg

AVP was and is a gorgeous looking game. My local arcade got it in quite late but I played it to death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Few new NES games. Surprisingly, my favourite from these is Trog, it's just a simple puzzle game, pacman like. I think it was originally an arcade game. Oddly satisfying.

IMAG0709.jpg

IMAG0710.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

IMAG0712.jpg

Yeah I vaguely remember that trog game. Definitely remember Robocop 2 as well. Ocean software were the kings for home conversions for quite a while, usually pretty good. Loved their "ocean loader" music for the commodore 64. Very good documentary on them here, man things changed with the UK and game development!

Should grab a few more of the ocean nes games!

Tested another game at lunch time, capcoms Section Z. Only had a quick go before getting back to the slog, but was worried to hear the sound was all fuzzy and distorted.

Got home and played it there for a good while. Sound somehow fixed itself (who knows how long since the last time it was turned on), so that was a pleasant surprise.

Very good game actually. Simple and nothing mindblowing, came out about the same time as gradius and similar enough to it too. The main catch is that you have to "turn" your character to attack enemies coming from behind, works well. Quite bloody difficult, brings you back to days of replayability. You start off from "section A" and make your way to "Z". Cant get further than "J" so far with 1 one continue.

And the highscore table names are all "current" Capcom games like Vulgus and commando (now in bgollies care!), makaimura is the Japanese name for ghosts n goblins.

Nice, obscure game!

Sectionz1.jpg

sectionz2.jpg

edit: Probably shouldn't have posted this in the "new get" thread, blarrghh

I just finished this basic jamma arcade cabinet that was found in a barn by a friend of mine.
    The hantarex monitor board has some major issues.
    It's full of cracks and it has major arching from the anode cup onto the chassis frame.
    Let's just say that a suitable replacement crt is in the cards atm.

We're thinking street fighter or various different horizontal pcbs at the moment but as a generic cabinet, it's hard to decide exactly what the game should be.

The switcher power supply was toast as was part of the structural integrity of the cabinet itself but after looking at it closer it was decided to save it.
    The bezel was perfect but the marquee was peeling badly as it would by being left in a damp barn for many years.

It smelled bad, but after a really good clean, that was resolved.
    So here are before and after pictures of when it was found to many hours of work later.

It is what it is and now with its new lease of life will continue to be enjoyed for many more years in my humble living room by my kids and granddaughter who at 8 months old is absolutely smitten by it.

Here are the pictures

😊

anto002 wrote: »
    Here are the pictures

Pictures not coming through. Try this website

https://imgbb.com

Upload your pictures, then get the "full html" link,, copy it, click the picture icon on boards.ie and paste the link.

The last thing to do is trim the link so it starts with "http" and finish it where it ends with ". Jpg"

Sounds complicated but it's easy and quick once you get it :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just received WiReOut this morning in the post!
    My Vectrex will be so happy!
    The cart is a bare pcb in the shape of a AG racer!
    Q1de0NGm.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement