Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Definitely have a Super Pang I fixed in the pile at home must dig it out see if it still works.

Pretty addictive game and some decent console ports as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

In terms of sounds from the arcade, second only to "Hadoken" is the famous pang "pop"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Pang is a great game, love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

There’s one in my pile I got off Mitch. It doesn’t work though. It’s a super pang so I’ll have a go at fixing it. Thanks for the heads up though !
    I’ve fixed a couple of super pang bootlegs and it’s a simple board iirc.
    Bad Ram in 1 and bad roms in the other

I’ve a pang3 cps1 which is a pretty good game too

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paul79

Would love a double dragon 2 been after one for ages , That Sega multi looks great plenty of great games .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,210 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I completely stopped buying PCBs due to quite a few failures I've had recently. The combination of the mad prices and boards getting older and older means a lot are turning into expensive time bombs.

The sound going in Metal Black recently hit me particularly bad. Fecking loved that game!

In an ideal world I'd be trying to fix them but time always seems to be an issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Ok one more item arrived from America today using anpost address pal service...

Cost me 30 yoyos for delivery....

I had one before but sold it...and now I have one back..

https://imgur.com/YJCwL4k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Is it not boxed?!

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Is it not boxed?!

No...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nuon... whhhyyyyy!?!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just bought a little Casio TV, going to try matching it with a RPi0 and figure a controller out...
    Might be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

When NES game collecting goes TOO FAR!

IMAG0896.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Been after a good one of these for years, the first computer I ever used at school some 35 years ago :)

48578675137_7470072483_z.jpg

I've the Spectrum up and running.
    Kerbdog installed a new motherboard, bringing it from 16 to 48k and the videomod as well.
    Installed a new keyboard membrane this evening too.
    Then, popped on the back the SD card loader, with a built in Kempston joystick port.
    Lastly, loaded an SD card with .tap goodies.
    And it works like a dream!

I must try to find a decent archive of homebrew and hacks for the Spectrum, lots out there apparently and some are pretty cool.

Been after a good one of these for years, the first computer I ever used at school some 35 years ago :)

48578675137_7470072483_z.jpg

The First computer I used was the Apple II...Did my leaving cert project on it....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've the Spectrum up and running.
    Kerbdog installed a new motherboard, bringing it from 16 to 48k and the videomod as well.
    Installed a new keyboard membrane this evening too.
    Then, popped on the back the SD card loader, with a built in Kempston joystick port.
    Lastly, loaded an SD card with .tap goodies.
    And it works like a dream!

I must try to find a decent archive of homebrew and hacks for the Spectrum, lots out there apparently and some are pretty cool.

Have my SD card loader attached to my plus 3....spectrum goodness

I've got some more scart cables and adapters, bizarre buying them because I never thought I would run out of the buggers!
    But, since having the now modded 7800, 2600 and Spectrum all outputting composite (sorry Retr0) I have to put my remaining spare Bandridge Scart Switcher into action, and the cables are needed!
    Kerb is giving me a sweet 21" trini too, to hook them into, so they'll look their best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Supposed to be studying with a day off, then this arrived in the post, perfect timing!

I grabbed an Air Buster in a raid before but could never get it going, 99% a write-off, so been scouring high and low to get a replacement. Not easy!!!

I love this game, probably my favourite shoot em up (ikaruga close second). Great music, great replayability, "famous" among shooters for the 2nd level air duct stuff. Very pleased :)!

Air-Buster1.jpg

Air-Buster2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I've got some more scart cables and adapters, bizarre buying them because I never thought I would run out of the buggers!
    But, since having the now modded 7800, 2600 and Spectrum all outputting composite (sorry Retr0) I have to put my remaining spare Bandridge Scart Switcher into action, and the cables are needed!
    Kerb is giving me a sweet 21" trini too, to hook them into, so they'll look their best!
    Correction, its a 29" 4:3 monster of a Sony Trin!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I’ve fixed a couple of super pang bootlegs and it’s a simple board iirc.
    Bad Ram in 1 and bad roms in the other

I’ve a pang3 cps1 which is a pretty good game too

Had a go at my one today. It was completely dead. So de-suicided it and miraculously I didn’t screw it up! (First time trying that ) Turned it on and it worked ! with a slight graphics issue on characters and the word super on the title screen when it zooms in. Like the main character is 4 heads instead of having a body etc.

I couldn’t believe it when it powered on , it was dead before hand.

• Advertisement

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Correction, its a 29" 4:3 monster of a Sony Trin!

Pox... No room

Had a go at my one today. It was completely dead. So de-suicided it and miraculously I didn’t screw it up! (First time trying that ) Turned it on and it worked ! with a slight graphics issue on characters and the word super on the title screen when it zooms in. Like the main character is 4 heads instead of having a body etc.

I couldn’t believe it when it powered on , it was dead before hand.

It's a sweet feeling alright, like a necromancer bringing someone back from the dead :p

"Rise from your gwave!! "

beejee wrote: »
    It's a sweet feeling alright, like a necromancer bringing someone back from the dead :p

"Rise from your gwave!! "

Is it not
    "Wise fwom your gwave!!"
    Akin to Barry Kripke in Big Bang Theory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is it not
    "Wise fwom your gwave!!"
    Akin to Barry Kripke in Big Bang Theory

Micro Mages arrived in time for tonight's Beers!

I'll open it then, but it looks gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I also received Micro Mages today. :D

IMAG0914.jpg

IMAG0913.jpg

IMAG0912.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Great to see new games for old consoles. Mages looks great.

Great laugh here with Micro Mages, pure delight!
    Also, a good reason to remember to read your instruction book!
    The four player is a riot!
    Played on the Retron N together with the Four Score Adaptor and an array of controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

Given the tme accession would have completed it!

• Advertisement

Picked up a soldering iron and flux core solder earlier, finally going to learn this stuff to resurrect some arcade boards (hopefully!) :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement