Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I had heard of that guys name before, but here's a link...

http://collectedit.com/collectors/shou-time-213/arcade-pcbs-281?order=Name&page=9

Some crazy stuff in there, lots of prototypes.

And magician Lord is a great game, always associate that, metal slug and nam 1975 with the neo geo, probably from ads back in the day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got a new cart for the Jambo Safari cart. Couple of wires to swap/connect on the controls to enable the drive/reverse gear and it's all good to go. Now I just need to source artwork :)

74604741_10157752056733276_6628870146897215488_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_eui2=AeFDj7scMRcB6Yr8Pqi0lv_Js259dAM7Cf1dCmXwoys7xzfEMzZTiCMxKbZoCDm6uOl8isRfK1zd9_JavWaNyvGTymY7cCrgTzCWuCHNNWnwaw&_nc_oc=AQkFxDnd1xU_LmEfYJCpnHT7fWIfdQs3l_-4dKFjCPE6q--4dFM1AL0oVmiLVPU6XdwvgRBBRT1R4AhF_856lwnC&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=61641a1b7c592592c46fc74a4e1a04b8&oe=5E60BBCF

Hey Hey Hey, its time to make some crazy money!! :) screen looks really bright and nice on it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

beejee wrote: »
    I had heard of that guys name before, but here's a link...

http://collectedit.com/collectors/shou-time-213/arcade-pcbs-281?order=Name&page=9

Some crazy stuff in there, lots of prototypes.

And magician Lord is a great game, always associate that, metal slug and nam 1975 with the neo geo, probably from ads back in the day :)

That's shoutime. He is responsible for a ton of rare games being sourced, dumped and added to mame over the years.

Not a great time of a "raid", but picked up a few pcbs. Haven't gotten a chance to test anything yet. One bizarro game called "sanrin sanchan" from Sega, board looks a bit messy though. The 1943 is the official revision b going from roms, so that's good, and the xmen is sparkling clean. Not bad, but not a steal either!

DSC-1808.jpg

• Advertisement

I thought that Sega board was all messes up and hacked. Well, maybe it's not terrible after all... :) some hope for it yet

http://collectedit.com/collectors/shou-time-213/arcade-pcbs-281/tricycle-san-japan-by-sega-31879

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,210 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They all Irish finds again?

That's a weird looking Sega game, you have to wonder how titles like that end up here.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/spatter-sanrin-san-chan-tricycle-san-%E4%B8%89%E8%BC%AA%E3%82%B5%E3%83%B3%E3%81%A1%E3%82%83%E3%82%93-arcade-1984/

o1s1n wrote: »
    They all Irish finds again?

That's a weird looking Sega game, you have to wonder how titles like that end up here.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/spatter-sanrin-san-chan-tricycle-san-%E4%B8%89%E8%BC%AA%E3%82%B5%E3%83%B3%E3%81%A1%E3%82%83%E3%82%93-arcade-1984/

Yep, all from here.

Slowly but surely I'm building up a picture of everything in ireland and how it got here, some weird stuff! More in the pipeline on the way, as excruciatingly slow as it seems sometimes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Sanrin Sanchan, trippy AF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Sanrin Sanchan, trippy AF

Played that on the 10 pence podcast a while back, great game, it's a gem.

It's also called Spatter.
    http://tenpencearcade.co.uk/podcast-114-spatter/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

nice find dude. at least a gem came out of it .
    mmm I wonder who's going to have to fix it , if it [hopefully] has some issues ??? :D

BGOllie wrote: »
    nice find dude. at least a gem came out of it .
    mmm I wonder who's going to have to fix it , if it [hopefully] has some issues ??? :D

We'll see how it goes! I can compensate with more raids :p

This was one of the things waiting for me when I got home today, along with a nice bloody bill from customs (turned a great deal into an "okay" deal). This is an "asia region" grey cps2, an original on battery, but all in English.

Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara. One of the best arcade beat-em-ups, even a few rpg elements thrown in. This stands out to me due to the sheer length of the game, very unusual for the arcade. There was a prequel, Tower of Doom, which is just a mini step down from Mystara (would really like to get that too :)

Multi-branching pathways, lots to find and discover, and multiplayer too (still only have the two player cabinet though). Cool stuff! An there was a conversion for the Saturn (only in japan) of both dungeons and dragons games...but I never got it due to the language problems. Looks like an excellent conversion though. This is my Friday evening ahead of me!

mystara2.jpg

mystara1.jpg

Tested the 1943 game, all good! Gunsmoke working too, tough as nails game. Xmen is DOA, a large capacitor had been ripped out (would that cause it not to boot at all??), but its a spanking clean board otherwise, theres hope yet. Realised I need a separate adapter for 1942, and the sega system 1 adapter to test sanrin sanchan...cant find it!

gunsmoke.jpg

battle-midway.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Great pics, ollie has some fingerboards I think.
    Saw some guy selling a load of adapters on AO also or was it UKVAC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My copy of HG101s Video Game Obscurities arrived today, I backed mine on Kickstarter

81KrNFpTy-L.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Hardcore-Gaming-101-Presents-Obscurities/dp/1783527633

• Registered Users Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Saw this posted the other day, it was still there when I was passing by so I picked it up :)

IzHKQvv.jpg

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Saw this posted the other day, it was still there when I was passing by so I picked it up :)

IzHKQvv.jpg

The dreamcast has a boatload of great shoot em ups. Always liked zero gunner 2 :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

One of the great things about the Switch is the sheer amount of shmups on the system, including Zero Gunner 2.
    It's really shaping into a fine console for shmup lovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Good game, with better (far more expensive) sequels.

68l9Km7.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I received the excellent Arkanoid from Banjoguy Ollie this morning, complete with the "Vaus Controller", the excellently names paddle controller for the NES that Taito produced.
    Playing it the paddle wouldn't make it's on-screen namesake go all the way to the right, shock horror!
    Luckily, this is normal drift and the controller has an adjustment screw under a little cover, a quick quarter-turn to the right and it's all working as it should.
    The box is pretty cool too, all very 1987, it's year of release.
    So, thanks Ollie, a nice addition to the range of interesting games I'm also terrible at!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I received the excellent Arkanoid from Banjoguy Ollie this morning, complete with the "Vaus Controller", the excellently names paddle controller for the NES that Taito produced.
    Playing it the paddle wouldn't make it's on-screen namesake go all the way to the right, shock horror!
    Luckily, this is normal drift and the controller has an adjustment screw under a little cover, a quick quarter-turn to the right and it's all working as it should.
    The box is pretty cool too, all very 1987, it's year of release.
    So, thanks Ollie, a nice addition to the range of interesting games I'm also terrible at!

Man, I used to play arkanoid a lot on the commodore. Very good game.

So I looked up arkanoid commodore on YouTube and found this, very cool :) waiting for another chance to get smashed by the game listening to this

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paul79

3-F01-E347-2036-4956-9-DA3-81054-A640359.jpg

Arkanoid was a great game and the sequel revenge of doh, I used to also love it on the c64 ,Beejee you brought back some memories I used to have the above pack all great games and good conversions for the commodore loved them .

I think I have the Famicom version of Arkanoid as well, and there's a sequel out there as well.
    Must look for that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

paul79 wrote: »
    3-F01-E347-2036-4956-9-DA3-81054-A640359.jpg

Arkanoid was a great game and the sequel revenge of doh, I used to also love it on the c64 ,Beejee you brought back some memories I used to have the above pack all great games and good conversions for the commodore loved them .

Great compilation, Arkanoid on the Spectrum was great, but Batty was better (free cover tape on Your Sinclair magazine).

I've just bought my 3rd copy of Laser Squad by blade software for the Spectrum. They're all the same, I have a problem, if I see it, I have to buy it. There is another release by a different publisher, which I only have one copy of, for whatever reason, the draw to that version isn't the same.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Taito on a roll it seems, with successful releases of Darius and The Ninja Saviours, now with Bubble Bobble 4 Friends.
    It arrived yesterday and seems to be pretty good fun.
    The classic game is still simply perfection, the new game not so much.
    I mean, it's still fun but it lacks the visuals that made the original the business and they left out a lot of the secret little mechanics that made it fun.
    And you only realise these are missing when you try them out, such as blowing and popping bubbles against the level walls, used to accrue you points but not anymore.
    Nor do you gain all sorts of bonuses for bubbles for having the second and third digits from the right the same, the bonus fruit just appear, regardless of score and bubbles in the level.
    No real payoffs for gaining "EXTEND" either... :(
    But, at least having classic Bubble Bobble is nice.... maybe they'll patch it better...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Decided I'm going to get an AV famicom. Received this game the other day for it. Some of the famicom games can be had for a pittance!

IMAG1029.jpg

accensi0n wrote: »
    Decided I'm going to get an AV famicom. Received this game the other day for it. Some of the famicom games can be had for a pittance!

IMAG1029.jpg

An AV modded Famicom is also a great thing to have, plus it has that classic design.
    But you are right about the games, you can find job lots on auction sites with equal classics and junk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,210 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Finally managed to nab something I've been after for an age.

There was an East German company called Volk und Wissen that made educational charts for schools back in ye old Communist occupied Germany. Some of them look fantastic and are basically pieces of art in themselves.

I've a lovely one of an atomic core over my cabs.

HvYpcfq.jpg

The atomic core one was actually something I stumbled across while looking for their CRT diagram. After a long time waiting, the CRT one finally showed up on Ebay Germany and I nabbed it for 20 quid.

Needs a bit of a clean up but should look pretty cool over the CRT corner!

tv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Famicom arrived. One of the game sellers sent an origami shuriken, :pac:

IMAG1030.jpg

IMAG1034.jpg

IMAG1032.jpg

IMAG1035.jpg

• Advertisement

accensi0n wrote: »
    Famicom arrived. One of the game sellers sent an origami shuriken, :pac:

IMAG1030.jpg