Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

It might just be that you were writing them to the chip incorrectly perhaps?

I know that with MD carts you need to biteswap them and stuff like that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

MrVestek wrote: »
    It might just be that you were writing them to the chip incorrectly perhaps?

I know that with MD carts you need to biteswap them and stuff like that...

Nova class on your desk back there? Eaglemoss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

I 3D printed some cart blanks a little while ago too

How did these turn out? Would love to see a pic of them

How did these turn out? Would love to see a pic of them

Not bad actually... still have some sanding to be done on them (and I won't really be sorting that out until I have my sanding machines built) but yeah... not bad tbh!

Fits into the console perfectly fine too.

I'll post a pic when I get home.

Inviere wrote: »
    Nova class on your desk back there? Eaglemoss?

Aye, well spotted!

• Advertisement

Not bad actually... still have some sanding to be done on them (and I won't really be sorting that out until I have my sanding machines built) but yeah... not bad tbh!

Fits into the console perfectly fine too.

I'll post a pic when I get home.

Sweet, I'd love home-brew carts to take off. One thing I do not like though is the "doner cart" practice. Even ****ty games should not be vandalized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    Thanks for the feeback on that one :)

I need a second so will pick one up. Hard to say no at that price.

How does it look re potentially transplanting it into an original case? Does the actual case design exterior look similar to the original?

Do you mean the casing of the receiver or of the gamepad?

Up the walls with a project this weekend but will try and have a look soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,210 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    Do you mean the casing of the receiver or of the gamepad?

Up the walls with a project this weekend but will try and have a look soon.

Just the gamepad. If it's a close copy it shouldn't be too difficult to put the innards into a real pad. Might be an interesting little mod.

Finally managed to snag a reasonably priced Super Dodge Ball, this has been on my radar for a while now, it’s great fun especially in 2p and technos final game before going under..

6-A4-B36-D1-B01-C-4-A79-81-A4-A69-A91-EA4-F73.jpg
    C4-F3-A95-E-D28-C-487-C-B10-B-63102-C313-D4-E.jpg

Sweet, I'd love home-brew carts to take off. One thing I do not like though is the "doner cart" practice. Even ****ty games should not be vandalized.

Sorry, forgot to post this until just now.

As you can see it's not fully sanded yet but it fits in the console fine!

Turns out the eprom programmer that I bought isn't actually suitable for programming 27c160 chips so that was a waste of money!

I'll keep it around if I ever need to program a bios chip though for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

Sorry, forgot to post this the other day.

As you can see there's still a bit of sanding to be done on the cart... but it fits in the console absolutely fine!

hODIGYg.jpg

EPwajTf.jpg

Y5jboxe.jpg

5oOGohy.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A new doodad just touched down for my Vectrex
    It's an interface board which allow me to throw together a custom controller for the Veccy without too much trouble.

I might use my Tankstick that is going spare, as it has the nice arcade buttons that will make playing the likes of Rockaroids even more of a pleasure.
    Click the pic for the link!

Joystick_Interface_Board_0-1024x576.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

Finally managed to snag a reasonably priced Super Dodge Ball, this has been on my radar for a while now, it’s great fun especially in 2p and technos final game before going under..

6-A4-B36-D1-B01-C-4-A79-81-A4-A69-A91-EA4-F73.jpg
    C4-F3-A95-E-D28-C-487-C-B10-B-63102-C313-D4-E.jpg
    some nice gets there dude :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

79597663_778252499268215_4507849690783416320_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ohc=NMHUDRW6PmYAQnQTQKBkp88E1kyA6tctNNLAJvqFujIIpWbPHMYEJ-mvw&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=fdafdf8c2d87f77d3a3c2a2fe7f273ae&oe=5EB35E38

80087355_2745429148834075_4494666069625012224_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ohc=smrNLUywELAAQkJ8eTW-5sf9OjuUVmhRV4Lnq8sA-WXbaph1rItKhJd1g&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=1b5cb8aa18810f17da88a41c280a8287&oe=5E76AF01

79908459_556506371839153_4361778935378214912_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ohc=8JuGdhVjpcYAQkMVf30wPrO2koVQbbTNvzGIQ-jO5U3n6pFQDyKC45BYQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub3-1.fna&oh=caf9a53acc62689cde1583c43d66aec2&oe=5EABB657

Impulse buy. I'll cry about it later lol

Also, sorry about the dusty Japanese Mega Drive, I haven't touched it in months.

Sorry, forgot to post this until just now.

As you can see it's not fully sanded yet but it fits in the console fine!

That looks fantastic!! Have for a long time now thought about making some new carts, its so good that its possible. I may give it a shot in the new year

So this happened last weekend.. funny the way things go, I’ve been following this cab for around 4 years :) originally was too late and hesitated pulling the trigger a few years ago, then it was sold elsewhere and finally was traded to someone else and I was contacted a few weeks ago to see if I was interested.. I didn’t hesitate twice, 4 days later and it was sitting in my kitchen.. absolutely love this cab and in almost mint condition too, so happy to add this to the collection .. I’ve been through a lot of cabs but this by far has the nicest monitor I’ve ever seen.. bvm quality, puts the rest to shame tbh

EE3-C06-D0-EFA5-4-A70-BB28-257-A61-B733-C0.jpg
    2-F9-C4076-A443-423-A-AC86-6-A2-C54-BA39-E8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

So this happened last weekend.. funny the way things go, I’ve been following this cab for around 4 years :) originally was too late and hesitated pulling the trigger a few years ago, then it was sold elsewhere and finally was traded to someone else and I was contacted a few weeks ago to see if I was interested.. I didn’t hesitate twice, 4 days later and it was sitting in my kitchen.. absolutely love this cab and in almost mint condition too, so happy to add this to the collection .. I’ve been through a lot of cabs but this by far has the nicest monitor I’ve ever seen.. bvm quality, puts the rest to shame tbh

EE3-C06-D0-EFA5-4-A70-BB28-257-A61-B733-C0.jpg
    2-F9-C4076-A443-423-A-AC86-6-A2-C54-BA39-E8.jpg

That looks spanky :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,210 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Someone clearly went back in time and nabbed that straight off the production line :eek:

Congrats on the new child Mozie, a beauty

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Fabulous get - enjoy over the Christmas !

• Advertisement

A bonny,a beauty and a joy forever .
    When you opening to the public mozie ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A trip to Sligo and a visit in the local CEX has resulted in my purchase of Sunset Riders for the SNES.
    €50, but that seems to be an okay price for it.
    Either way looking forward to playing it, Konami carts are always cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Couple of NES and famicom games. Plan was to also get an everdrive N8, and a converter so I can use it in my PAL NES and the AV famicom, but apparently there isn't a converter that works great with the N8 so you need to mod one.
    Anyone know a place where you can pay for a random mod to be done?

IMAG1051.jpg

IMAG1050.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,773 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A trip to Sligo and a visit in the local CEX has resulted in my purchase of Sunset Riders for the SNES.
    €50, but that seems to be an okay price for it.
    Either way looking forward to playing it, Konami carts are always cool!

PAL version is a pain in the arse as it keeps checking if you change to 60 hz and then cuts you out. It's not too bad as it does it on power on and if you start a new game but annoying none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That candy is sweet mozie!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    PAL version is a pain in the arse as it keeps checking if you change to 60 hz and then cuts you out. It's not too bad as it does it on power on and if you start a new game but annoying none the less.

Don't be mean to the game I just bought for lots of money!
    All I want to hear is positive statements about how great it is!!
    Tantrum incoming!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Is PS3 getting retro?
    Buy some stuff in PSN sales Sonic Adventure 1/2, Nights, JSR, handy to have as a back up, tbh SA1 was 89c, extra for DX though.
    Saw a lot if Sega stuff like ToeJam and Earl collection.
    Also got Castvania Harmony of Despair (friend us over tomorrow and was sure it's 2 player)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Not retro but finally picked up a switch along with splatoon 2, Pokémon sword and overwatch. Now to catch up on everything that came out for it over the last couple of years :pac:

31-BE7-C67-CF63-4560-9-D17-AA0-D94535-E44.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

My son just got a Switch Lite as well. I was a bit spoilt with the hacked 3DS these Nintendo games are steep what with the never going on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I got a PSP (PSP-2000) and an original XBOX as gifts over xmas.
    I'm wondering are they too modern to be classed as Retro?

I intend to hack them to within an inch of their lives and install emulators on them anyway. Actually the XBOX I'm half thinking of using in a custom made arcade cabinet, if it can run MAME well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement