Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

Sounds exactly like los loboss one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Sounds exactly like los loboss one.

If you've got a scope with XY mode then you can hook it up to the XY output on the logic board as see if that's where the problem or if its with the power/amp board.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Streets of rage 4 is out today!

I ordered the limited run classic edition and having it posted to my brother in law in America.

It's only €22 so got it on the PS4 store aswell.

It's ****ing amazing!

Sorry ciderman

It's okay....

I just ordered the Switch version.

And, before you say anything....

Feck off the lot of you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Los Lobos here gave me his to fix just before the **** kicked off.
    I've hardly looked at it.
    Whats up with yours ?
    you should a repair log and I'll ask loads of questions :P

I think his needs 1/2 new ICs as some of the graphics are displayed in reverse .
    I need to get back on it because i really want to play it before returning it !

Stuff being displayed in reverse is common if the pots are out of adjustment after a recap (two large pots near the transformer).
    Easy enough fix but you really need the Test cart (or copy of the rom) to do it properly as they have the correct alignment screens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Managed to get the limited edition Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack.

Sold out on limited run instantly but I checked the Europe site on big wave about 10 mins before it went on sale there and it was still available so snagged one

It's an awesome soundtrack and on 3 LPs and signed by yuzo koshiro, delighted to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

I got a digital power reader today. Will save a few headaches, and led readouts always look cool :p

DSC-2081.jpg

And I discovered I have an airwolf board, didn't even know they made a game of that :)

Managed to get the limited edition Streets of Rage 4 soundtrack.

Sold out on limited run instantly but I checked the Europe site on big wave about 10 mins before it went on sale there and it was still available so snagged one

It's an awesome soundtrack and on 3 LPs and signed by yuzo koshiro, delighted to get it

Grats.. Playing through this earlier and was thinking how great the soundtrack is.. really good job done all around an update done properly

F9-B37424-A81-B-41-B2-A0-BD-2-ADCF1273486.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

b5wxH1Z8EfNgwzECUmAbDkpmevdzLee0wNW1iqe8LY5b0p4ihVXaQvgVRR4JJ4iKNUERR3CWt7XzTUFoj1XJboCZRLlCdqMxWeOwtTypLGSRU3sXMAUwk3flN_Xqm5t6Bc6cR-eWRvZP7pxv-DxuDbbwUmN_37NnwRj0BZBTJ-96xa3E_DrE_z1KXXJZizvR6Y3eERdmVRLcgI3ZwpLpMlcECJYn-T6fZjbeutLL8gfIdXhj_DkLHYZyitCuF54uFury5itygpZtv64_Vcf-iQj8XHp7B5A-P6VgfEpcWqc1VHKs4J2EQdFHc5ccrmeRsmDnGz1ogyLk9hoe9vH4SIlbAK9KjMiuBYcn_0qTngAmt5C3s2sYmQLr6faZJ0-_PjfHXYwMGBO8F_xAeNIW2LiZoUgMdic4N6qVAJkc01FBROpJjji3B2OXwSure3IIfS6aqPs2m4d_A113ouecn4OJrPbQI16iZWjI5yOii9j42UN2w47fyIpsOq-tswXUoNfUZnPMV6xTSPkBhaToNHAEyrAVrWBBqk6zbuYzR-moxM8UGRCtmI_7P87hhC0TvbMAUt0aZbv8MpVVSonq4rkZd3dC78YFaUJGbAJfYrgSbgHFiZKyEwj6jiC3cd26FoMwWw8nUQRC8rr34kOuvxWHO7zfIhsEMFc85IGvPQ7WIY5ySYPC8J1hhnUK=w1560-h878-no

Another one to add to the Dynasty Warriors collection. In its plastic wrapping as well which I wasn't expecting. This one averages about 6/10 on most review outlets, that means it's probably brilliant :pac::pac:

These games get almost completely panned horribly by non-fans, but I love them so much.

__

I have a ton of other DW games ordered and sent out, most of them from overseas, so it'll take me a few months to have this collection built up. I'm toying with the idea of ordering the PSP/handheld instalments. I never saw them as real DW games. I'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If one was curious to try DW, what's be the best option from what's available on PSNow?

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    If one was curious to try DW, what's be the best option from what's available on PSNow?

Out of what's there, I personally recommend Dynasty Warriors 8 and Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends (a stand alone expansion that can be merged with the base game.... though I dunno how it's done digitally).

It is nothing but *hit thousands of enemies with an overly powered weapon* but there are tons of characters to choose from, and there are RPG-mechanics built in, in that you can level up any and all of them if you choose. It's pretty deep, actually. I always found myself farming for weapon upgrades.

The formula hasn't changed between DW2 and DW8. DW9 is the one that took a drastic direction, and made it open world. Sounds good on paper but it isn't implemented that well. I don't know if it's been in any way improved since launch but from reading posts in forums, fans of the game have said it's a lot better than what it was at launch. But it's not nearly as polished as DW8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Cheers GB, you're doing the lord's work. Might give it a bash after my PS4 finishes its week-long download of Spiderman.

I was waiting a couple weeks to get thus in the post from Dublin which was very long! An unusual vertical shoot em up, taito Extermination. There isn't even a Wikipedia entry for it. I'd fill it in but I don't have a clue how to do that :p

It runs on a board similar to New Zealand Story, very small. It reminds me of an earlier version of toaplan outzone. It has some unusual ideas going on too. You only get one life with a number for an energy bar that depletes, but most enemies you kill leave energy behind. So you're constantly killing the little feckers while constantly picking up energy. Makes for a fairly frantic game which is surprisingly good. Bloody difficult though!

DSC-2094.jpg

DSC-2114.jpg

DSC-2113.jpg

Got this in the post today, an unknown, untested Sega model 2 pcb. I'm suspecting virtua striker but will see. The mad dude who sent it left the heavy metal plate attached!

It's seriously caked in dirt, one of the worst I've seen but I'm not sure if it comes through in the picture. But on quick inspection it doesn't look damaged in any way. Probably spent the last 15 years in a cupboard. I need another motherboard to even out the rom boards I have, so fingers crossed :)

DSC-2121.jpg

So, after a blissful time of navigating through chinese menus that were only half displayed on the screen of the converter, I finally unscrewed the 7000 screws holding the board together.

First, I cleaned it up as best I could, then I tested the unknown rom board on a good motherboard. Great! It works!

Then I tried a several good rom boards on the unknown motherboard. Failure! Only getting a green screen. Pain in the onions :/ so it's something to be looked at another time

DSC-2124.jpg

DSC-2125.jpg

But it's all fine and I'm happy as Larry with virtua striker (in japanese)...

lemon.jpg

I cheated a bit. I bought the Japanese version instead of the NTSC/U version. It was cheaper lol

Another one to add to the Dynasty Warriors collection, or in this case, the "Sangokumusou" collection

L7GMAhzR4hi9ywJOfF0gv7Zfuue9TfA5KOineHHo0LDSlTH6vFONj5Ezt8YstYbZ2ZfzAT9pJKF8n81_P9-Z8xMmktHXzMaFmO-7Gy4wr0_K6gvSCHwBqU1pZpY7VyIgcCZDBwn2TmVC-wFj_MBDocPzXEQTAM2jKP3F3sgb3Z2BBo2t5LvSvBxUUFcn8fP7pf9zLix0DfiHgXtN6Zkm3nuwUISGGDstmeFpAVHi0fxL58KxEN0QjFICIiyThapUnVj20r_JxeKxenye25SX83UCGBj_ZcmQQbFKkFjoxUewC855Z8aTx5DIZXOhHZ4gjceT0YPcgyvC3KTuz8hSPwcwWwYbKMEiJI_DNa6ZMRmg8ky-SwOUTDBDf-Sukd4KFfE4mZtWP9gmIi2k2Z-MJWHjl8U2S5hQODIpuPH9cuE0dhC6HFhVIYOzJniD3FsyTdLzfxd_VANFMl8BZ8Oo7veBZQMxgFUIiTLdNlya6MtnUq-d85voRdXgk0PSLAJV-kPA-OXv6i3uhxuiybpSFioSUZ6a7qzUXv62cq5iPw3Ws4YXOcqABWq05E2cUtizCvIT_PTu4yPvDdM89MfctAjxMrkXg89spuPJU2wkFYOBmQgAM9a-9ifxpwDIYfy09UqfWrDKls5o-4Quo6qz9x7fOr8_D5uDLuwkRgfBIbDYCyhjnTLXHgjSqe2f=w1684-h947-no?authuser=0

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

That is some tremendously 90's cover art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Picked up 2of3 of the Gran Turismo Concept (グランツーリスモ コンセプト) PS2 games - I'm after the '2002 Tokyo-Seoul' version if anyone has one they want to sell :)
    513265.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Neo Geo mini arrived from US on that Amazon $30 deal.

Forgot to add pic of the marquee stickers in the box.

IMAG0759.jpg

IMAG0760-1.jpg

IMAG0761.jpg

IMAG0762.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

Managed to snag this nifty yasi/protector vinyl wrap for the Vectrex, really makes it and there reusable too.

B34-F6955-3-E62-4675-AC1-A-A3-A232-CF5-E48.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

^^ i may get something like that. Any links?
    I need some repro overlays also.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dodgy Genesis repro time again, and this time it's Xenocrisis and Tanglewood.
    Xenocrisis runs great on my Retron5, allows me to set up the SNES pad with the game and allows faux-twinstick shooting fun!
    I'd love to get it running on my cab, twin stick style, but no dice so far.

I waited two months for this. It was in Dublin 3 weeks ago and it only got to my house this morning. I still have a ton more stuff to get delivered - they've just arrived in Dublin as well, so I dunno if they'll take a further 3 weeks, but in any case, delighted this finally came. It's near-immaculate and the box feels brand new.

xlc9SBK.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I waited two months for this. It was in Dublin 3 weeks ago and it only got to my house this morning. I still have a ton more stuff to get delivered - they've just arrived in Dublin as well, so I dunno if they'll take a further 3 weeks, but in any case, delighted this finally came. It's near-immaculate and the box feels brand new.

bb_c68rsQXTXObuDddp7gZc0ZuExAKhBIDfBEwohfKIaTK9c70R4CFbgjhKc_wLLm3A7CgkrxJB3v4vprR1rfzt8moaT6EPqStH2lKCUDNdS9wfd5IEZSfM2nNpODbeO85xoi1IYdeSilMQcbtyQ3U5fUv02hyBuGhacuQKK0qK9vmUgKXgEx0f8t6J-nNIOaPKf6maBwGwCyzTvuA_beiIytkZ4JP2A-8T3_2ne4_QiRva_rhrh8GQ1HEwtyxiutJ4OA2nrpGUmUFeDvIKGOGgyjIBJdCyoy_4pvC-IDfLaTrnebdgPJUvbQ1eyqN6E4ILoVxSyi4dTmW9tiswQDCzT5hOXHFLUeCfDYAZlIps1L6YsYZFzrZ0JSt1PGNpACZUXeu2B6Pn0NHfy6tId6Q9jBkziYR-f-3c9VvrUafaRLBZjJ9E0bSwApIoZsd9JQUH5ki6ewM1af6Syml0mciUqdNMM3uFyxcZn68Nl8JFYMLpbVRcvrS3MLeO1CNkLAtnx9sQ-TyEdRgElVA87v5XO5-eVAWn23RQmuyiTt58y8O26E-Ur0mSMSnPxRaHShp6PDZHYMlRWG94W1y64mAkETkQ_qm2Hg-UkLJ8UaJLGqi37xGOcbbnMBW6Lcfo9e9Lw8L8A54ufRe5obuuf-xYzUP935U0a8Gev0OWGxNgeb2mPKkgARJB3fheG=w1684-h947-no?authuser=0

Your Google Photos link isnt working. i generally have to use Imgur for stuff like this.

eddhorse wrote: »
    Your Google Photos link isnt working. i generally have to use Imgur for stuff like this.

Uploaded to IMGur now.

I thought google photos worked lol

I stopped using imgur for a while because all I got on my photos was a shower of abuse because my pictures were gaming related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Oooo NTSC/US? Making a collection?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Oooo NTSC/US? Making a collection?

Slowly but surely, yeah. Trying to.

cu5u2UE.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My RetroTINK 2X Pro arrived earlier. Been testing a couple hours now and its a decent device to add in to the retro A/V loop.
    All the way from videogameperfection.com in Carlow, to me, in Carlow :)

to6jO6Q.jpg

https://videogameperfection.com/products/retrotink-2x-pro/

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Some new MD games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,769 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That ****ing Asterix game! I only finished as me and a friend challenged ourselves to try and beat the most ridiculously unfair and hard game we could think of (actually kind of gets easier after the first boss).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,209 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've never actually played that Asterix game - really wanted it as a kid as I used to play the Konami arcade game a lot and assumed at the time they were the same.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement