Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

Just finished jurassic park!
    6 hours straight work.
    Looks like new tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

urbanledge wrote: »
    6 hours straight work.
    Looks like new tho!

Giz a shout when your next pin arrives an ya need to get rid of the dk cab..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

urbanledge wrote: »
    6 hours straight work.
    Looks like new tho!

More pics or we don't believe you even have a Jurassic park!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to say I'm having fun with that Humble Bundle on the phone.
    Crazy Taxi is great fun, and its been a long long time since I played Chu Chu Rocket but it's excellent fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Sneak preview. Full restoration thread in the coming weeks.

IMAG0351_zpsdtoojpor.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Looking pristine Techno! That's the coin mech door I'm guessing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Looking pristine Techno! That's the coin mech door I'm guessing?

Sure is. Yeah, few little blemishes here and there but looking amazing otherwise. Have a lot of parts to clean still and waiting on a few bits from Taito so have a bit to go before all up and running fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Another Super Famicom game arrived during the week, favourite Star Wars movie as it happens.
    P1040573_zps62131f1c.jpg
    Also picked up a copy of Project Zero for four euros off a nice seller on Adverts. On the way home I saw a copy of Moon on the DS for a fiver in GS Clare Hall.
    P1040576_zpsd39d752c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Finally got my hands on my very first SNES. Came with a decent game too so happy days. Its a but yellowed but Ill get around to cleaning it eventually.

Now just to get more games :P

Ps. How do I add the actual images themselves and not the link?

TheStook wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on my very first SNES. Came with a decent game too so happy days. Its a but yellowed but Ill get around to cleaning it eventually.

Now just to get more games :P

Ps. How do I add the actual images themselves and not the link?

Nice get! Re: the pics, upload them to a site such as imgur which will then give you an [IMG]type URL to use here. But resize them first. :)[/img]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice get! Re: the pics, upload them to a site such as imgur which will then give you an [IMG]type URL to use here. But resize them first. :)[/img]

Ah okay, I was wondering why the images ended up massive everytime I did it via boards, thanks!

TheStook wrote: »
    Ah okay, I was wondering why the images ended up massive everytime I did it via boards, thanks!

They're massive because of the image resolution setting on your phone/camera. Viewing them on the same device doesn't show you the true size, on a PC it does. Anyway, imgur or any of those types of sites will sort you out. And welcome to retro collecting! :)

Great to see new people getting into snes collecting, great game to start out with too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

These came early during the week but only getting to post them up now:

319595.JPG

The views in HOE are stunning, this video is the PC version mind you:

Have a 3rd game thats similar on the way also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I've never heard of those games. Heroes over Europe looks a lot like Secret Weapons Over Normandy on the PS2. I played that about 8 years ago and it's still easily one of my favourite games.

I must look into them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

I've never heard of those games. Heroes over Europe looks a lot like Secret Weapons Over Normandy on the PS2. I played that about 8 years ago and it's still easily one of my favourite games.

I must look into them!

Only stumbled across them recently myself.

Theres a nice list of those kinds of games here for PS3:

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/genre/date/flight/ps3?view=detailed

I have Birds of Steel in my sights next.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Secret Weapons I'd take over the both of them tbh, it's by the developer of Tie Fighter and X-Wing and it shows.
    I found the Blazing games to look pretty but not a whole lot of fun.
    Sky Odyssey on the PS2 along with Crimson Skies on the Xbox are about as much fun as it got in flight games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Picked up Eternal Sonata and Tactics Ogre with art book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sera wrote: »

Between yourself & Retr0, you guys must have a serious game collection at this stage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Myrddin wrote: »
    Between yourself & Retr0, you guys must have a serious game collection at this stage

It's not complete without a copy of psychic killer taromaru with spine card!

• Advertisement

Sera wrote: »

I loved Eternal Sonata, found it hard to put down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's not complete without a copy of psychic killer taromaru with spine card!

Here you go, cheaper than normal - do it :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jusatsushi-Taromaru-SEGA-Saturn-SS-Import-Japan-/400738372200?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item5d4dde4a68

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I loved Eternal Sonata, found it hard to put down.

Same thing happened to me once.
    Sadly it was a broken bottle if super glue I was playing with at the time :(

Myrddin wrote: »
    Mine is tiny in comparison, I'd say together it would be mostly doubles, except I have Steel Battalion and controller and maybe more Game Gear stuff

I'd say you will really like Eternal Sonata, my favourite character was called Salsa, great attacks for a eight year old. (no Jimmy Saville jokes please)

The game also has the EZI 321 Worshiper achievement, a lot of effort but it's worth it, at least two playthroughs to get it, if you don't talk to a certain person at the right time it's three. Great sound track to the game, must dig out my copy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

Well my Saturn arrived, as did my Action Replay Plus cart, Guardian Heroes, Assault Suit Leynos 2 and Resident Evil.

Fortunately the seller left the game disc for Sega Ages Vol 1 in the system (if anyone has the case and manual going cheap/willing to donate to me it would be much appreciated). Unfortunately the D-pad on the unofficial controller is very sticky and the right shoulder button doesn't work. Fortunately the seller REFUNDED THE WHOLE LOT, saying that it was the least she could do and wished me luck finding a working one.

So I ended up with a free Saturn, an official controller is on its way and also added 6 PS2 games to the collection which should be here soonish, and due to the buttons still being mostly operational I can still play Guardian Heroes. I've had a good day :)

Just take the controller apart and give it a good clean, once the official one arrives, might sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BCGMatt

That was my first plan, but unfortunately there is one screw that wouldn't undo, no matter how hard I tried. Plus the way the shoulder button acts it feels like either the rubber buffer or the micro switch is damaged. It's a cheap 3rd party pad so I am really not overly concerned by it, and like I say I can still play Guardian Heroes :)

Keep your eye on Sunday markets, you often get boxes of controllers, admittedly mostly dual shocks but every now and then something more interesting, like a Saturn controller, if going for another keep your eyes out for a Nights analog controller.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    if going for another keep your eyes out for a Nights analog controller.
    That's my favourite controller, I just find it so comfortable which is weird since I have child sized hands and it's huge lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement