Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Some tasty 3DO/Dreamcast related packages from Hong Kong and Kazakhstan just arrived at my desk :)

The Hong Kong package got stung for customs but the one from Kazakhstan sailed through :)

Pics to follow.

3DO FZ1 and Dreamcast USB host controllers.
    He certainly used a lot of PCB, but I see he was going for a perfect fit for these to use an external USB drive(he loves his external drives). I plan on getting them mounted internally and having the drive internal as well. Which should be fine for the 3DO, but the DC will be a job as there really isn’t much room to pull a USB cable back into the console. The DC uses a direct connection to the console whereas the 3DO uses ribbon cables, so I can move the 3DO PCB around but the DC one is set.

HbHI2r.jpg
    jl3X1K.jpg

Been looking for this for a good while. A 3DO FZ1 Video CD adapter with built memory manager.

O9TEE9.jpg
    LI9h6c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

My get isn't half as interesting as Steve's, but gotta catch 'em all!

XkLexWN.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Now that's a good flight sim right there.
    Makes the Blazing Angels game look rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Android tablet arrived this morning.
    Paired it up with my Pokémon typing game keyboard and lashed a few games on it. Works great.

Will try some emulation later, and maybe pair a ps3 controller.

Q8LRSTil.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Android tablet arrived this morning.
    Paired it up with my Pokémon typing game keyboard and lashed a few games on it. Works great.

Will try some emulation later, and maybe pair a ps3 controller.

Q8LRSTil.jpg

I use my ps3 controller on my nexus 7 all the time it works great. Android tablets are the job for emulating games on the go.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

HOE and Blazing Angels just seem extremely bare and static so far in comparison where as Sturmovik seems like an all out war.

I havent popped it in yet, but from looking at gameplays the detail looks amazing for a 5 year old console game.

Just look at the city half way through this video:

The cockpit views look amazing too,
    HOE has no inside view, and the pilots look like cardboard cut outs, think of spectators in old rally games.
    Blazing Angels has a cockpit view but its looks crap and puts the game in slow motion with a horrible framerate.

I think the only other style game of the generation that may come any bit close to Strumovik is Birds Of Steel, a quite different game but has the atmosphere of an all out war.

The night time missions look superb too:

The brains of the 3DO and DC USB host controllers:

w7CikV.jpg

I took this earlier with my new iPhone macro lens. Not bad for 10 Euro :)
    It's actually very handy for checking stuff up close on the iPhone screen(loads of distortion on the edge of the image though).

For the nerds:
    MCU, 32BIT, CORTEX-M3, 120MHZ, LQFP-64
    Architecture: ARM Cortex-M3
    Program Memory Size: 256KB
    RAM Memory Size: 100KB
    CPU Speed: 120MHz
    No. of I/O's: 51
    MCU Case Style: LQFP
    No. of Pins: 64
    Embedded Interface Type: CAN, I2C, SPI, UART, USART, USB
    Supply Voltage Min: 1.8V
    Supply Voltage Max: 3.6V
    Packaging: Each
    Controller Family/Series: (ARM Cortex) STM32
    Core Size: 32bit
    MSL: -
    No. of PWM Channels: 6
    No. of Timers: 12
    Operating Temperature Max: 85°C
    Operating Temperature Min: -40°C
    Operating Temperature Range: -40°C to +85°C
    Oscillator Type: External, Internal
    Peripherals: ADC, DAC, DMA, PWM, Temp Sensor, Timer
    SVHC: No SVHC (16-Dec-2013)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I never heard back from that lad about the DC loader:( Hope he goes ahead and puts them into production.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I never heard back from that lad about the DC loader:( Hope he goes ahead and puts them into production.

He's not great at replying to people. I've been contacting him on and off for over a year and he never got back to me. Then he commented on one of my vids on youtube and we got chatting that way.

• Advertisement

I'm in no hurry, I blew the games budget at the weekend after a few drinks. Nothing rare but I couldn't pass it up in the condition that it's in. Just have to put up with the noise of the Dreamcast for another while:o

I never heard back from that lad about the DC loader:( Hope he goes out of production.

Couldn't help but read it that way the first time! :pac:

Doge wrote: »
    Couldn't help but read it that way the first time! :pac:

I'm bad, but not that bad.

I'm not sure if he's going to make any or many more of the DC or 3DO stuff. It's hard to tell with him.
    Anyway, quick review, 3DO USB is pretty awesome, DC USB is pretty awesome :)

Not perfect though, mounting the storage internally will be a pain and I'll probably have to solder on some sort of internal USB port to the headers on the PCB's :(

AUPi3t.jpg

rXsuRo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Was at a car boot sale this weekend and my wife spotted a boxed PS1 for €10 that I'd somehow missed. All was in it, included 2 dual shock controlers and when I open the cd tray it had Crash Bandicot in.

On the way back she kept going on about how she "caught me slipping" .

Should never have showed her them game chasers videos ... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I picked up the Uncharted 3 Game of the Year edition in Argos yesterday for €8.99. The DLC alone probably costs more than that. Sure they're selling the PS3 essentials version for €14

Oh Argos....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a promo edition of that and Uncharted 2, must pick up the Game of the Year edition as soon as.
    Still waiting for my Super Pong console from the US, it's coming via USPS and left the states on the 23rd of August.
    Any ideas when I should expect this bad boy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sweet Fuse came from Play Asia this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

i got a copy of evolution and test drive le mans for dreamcast from the us cheap then i got the blaze xploder to play them i now have a problem le mans works fine evolution wont work so i got another copy still wont work anybody have any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Never completed BA 2 as it just never held my attention, I did however have a scary addiction to BA1. Fond memory's of playing it with Angels and Airwaves we don't need to whisper as a custom soundtrack and usually wasted. Ha ha man that sounds lame but it was great I swear.

That's what.. 8 or 9 years ago. Damn.

• Advertisement

raven999 wrote: »
    i got a copy of evolution and test drive le mans for dreamcast from the us cheap then i got the blaze xploder to play them i now have a problem le mans works fine evolution wont work so i got another copy still wont work anybody have any ideas

What cable are you using for output from the Dreamcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

What cable are you using for output from the Dreamcast?

hi
    im using an av cable plays all my games perfect except the us evo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Doge wrote: »
    My get isn't half as interesting as Steve's, but gotta catch 'em all!

XkLexWN.png

Where did you pick this up? [If you don't mind me asking, of course :)]

Looks like a pretty good game.

I haven't turned on the PS3 in about 2 years and I'm looking to buy a few games for it to get myself interested in it again, ha. I bet the update I get after 2 years will be great fun too....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Been a while since i got anything worth posting..

Bubble Bobble boot, which im hoping to put the redux roms on which makes it play like the original.

bb.jpg

and Sunset Riders

sunset.jpg

keithgeo wrote: »
    Been a while since i got anything worth posting..

Bubble Bobble boot, which im hoping to put the redux roms on which makes it play like the original.

bb.jpg

and Sunset Riders

sunset.jpg

Bubble Bobble, cool.
    Sunset Riders, Awesome! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sunset Riders!! Want :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Loved it since i was a kid, great game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ah sunset riders. The arcade version is in a whole different league compared to the dull console ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Sunset riders! YES!

• Advertisement

Where did you pick this up? [If you don't mind me asking, of course :)]

Looks like a pretty good game.

I haven't turned on the PS3 in about 2 years and I'm looking to buy a few games for it to get myself interested in it again, ha. I bet the update I get after 2 years will be great fun too....

Got all 3 games wwii fighter games on adverts.ie, luckily they were up for grabs when i wanted them a week or 2 ago.

I'd say buying online would be your best bet as they're not as popular as other games.

Popped Sturmovik in today and the sense of realism was very impressive compared to the others.
    Almost everything about it is better including the narration and wwii footage.
    The narration in Heroes Over Europe is really cheesey and the footage is just thrown together.

One thing i noticed is that there wasnt any in game music during some of the missions, which kinda makes it feel a bit boring, but im not sure if all missions lack that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement