Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice one the new ending added is great! So does my Veccy adventure with the arrival of vectorblade today! Just in time for vectorwars x, this is not the limited release but a bare pcb/rgb version prepared for those competing on the discord channel, Great bunch of guys over there for anyone interested in joining up]

My copy is still under construction!
    Can't wait to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

rubadub wrote: »
    That game is amazing, only heard of it yesterday, great fun to play and hilarious, I much prefer it to final fight. Reminds me of crime fighters a bit too, and a touch of golden axe with the running/dash.

I love the fact you can pick up almost everything to use as weapons, cars, flaming barrels, dead fish!

The wiki page talked about the other/original versions you mention with extra moves. Stupid that they removed them.

I couldn't believe you could pick up the big concrete pillars, but then he starts swinging it like a baseball bat! brilliant stuff
    01e74c8d0442bd459e990c3122fa928c.jpg

I never saw it in any arcade over here, did any place have the 3 player option?

they definitely had the 2 player upstairs in Dr.Quirkeys and I may have also played it in the Leisureplex Coolock

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And that's a real nice stick Mozie, another Marland special I take it?
    Depending on how the PiTrex works out I might invest in one of his Asteroids specific controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Nice one the new ending added is great! So does my Veccy adventure with the arrival of vectorblade today! Just in time for vectorwars x, this is not the limited release but a bare pcb/rgb version prepared for those competing on the discord channel, Great bunch of guys over there for anyone interested in joining up

A274-FCDA-2-D08-4-E7-B-ACB3-9-E129-BD6-FD6-F.jpg
    B614498-E-0-CE6-4-C2-C-B609-AA51176-F350-E.jpg

Apologies if it's rude to ask but how much do those Marland Vectrex sticks usually go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Picked up a UnoCart for the Atari 2600, an Everdrive like cart - was great, played Pitfall2 for the first time ever...then I broke it :D programming cable incoming to fix
    531730.png
    Update: Fixed!

• Advertisement

Apologies if it's rude to ask but how much do those Marland Vectrex sticks usually go for?

Mine was tailored instead for the 2600 but the pricing is broadly the same, it probably works out around 80-90 shipped to Ireland. Mozie will have a more accurate number though.
    There is a waiting list of a couple of months too.

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Picked up a UnoCart for the Atari 2600, an Everdrive like cart - was great, played Pitfall2 for the first time ever...then I broke it :D programming cable incoming to fix
    531730.png

Hopefully it's more reliable than my Harmony Cart, half the time it won't recognise my joysticks inputs on the menu and it can self corrupt it's own SD card

Edit: after some googling apparently my Harmony Cart needs the fire button held down on the controller to "register" it, especially if it isn't an original Atari controller...
    No idea why, but at least the thing isn't frustrating me, as it has been for the last eight months since I got it!

Have to say, following my testing, Pacman 4k is a stunning conversion of the arcade original and it has to be seen to be believed, running on original hardware.

Iam not sure because I done a deal with him for a couple of controllers for arcade shizz but as far as I can remember they were 50-60gbp?!? (Don’t quote me on that though)

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Iam not sure because I done a deal with him for a couple of controllers for arcade shizz but as far as I can remember they were 50-60gbp?!? (Don’t quote me on that though)

Thanks guys, have put my name down on the waiting list...

Anyone got a recommendation for a vectrex flash cart that is available (are there any?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks guys, have put my name down on the waiting list...

Anyone got a recommendation for a vectrex flash cart that is available (are there any?)

Richard Hutchinson made a cart called a 'VecMulti' if I remember correctly when I had one about 5 or 6 years ago. Might be worth looking into.

I think it was just a cart that took a micro sd loaded with Vectrex games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    Richard Hutchinson made a cart called a 'VecMulti' if I remember correctly when I had one about 5 or 6 years ago. Might be worth looking into.

I think it was just a cart that took a micro sd loaded with Vectrex games?

Yep that's the one I have. Works great.
    The pitrex will probably offer the same functionality is imagine soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Got a PS2 RGB cable today. Interested to see how it looks, last time I played PS2 it had a blurry picture with a lot of ghosting.

I'll need to get a 4 port Scart switch now but at least I can plug it in and I can finally cable manage the TV unit!

It has finally arrived, all the way from Oz
    PiTrex time!

531962.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Got a new baby last night

8lbs 4oz.....big baby, small turkey

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Congrats dude!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It has finally arrived, all the way from Oz
    PiTrex time!

531962.jpg

Haha mine arrived too today and second Vectrex arrived yesterday is the porrest packaging possible, how it still works is a minor Miracle need to give it a good cleaning and a couple of caps look like they need to be done.. controller buttons don’t work but my other controllers do so it’s not the AY chip, sounds like a ground connection on buttons will open it up later and have a look, might snag that board from you if it’s knackered! Iam going to try over the weekend to build the bare metal image for then piitrex if I get a chance, if you get one built before me could you share it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

PAL or NTSC?

(Congrats dude!)

Congratulations!

Master of the Universe

Congratulations!

I am extremely envious at the amount of cool crap that kid is going to eventually inherit :D

• Advertisement

Haha mine arrived too today and second Vectrex arrived yesterday is the porrest packaging possible, how it still works is a minor Miracle need to give it a good cleaning and a couple of caps look like they need to be done.. controller buttons don’t work but my other controllers do so it’s not the AY chip, sounds like a ground connection on buttons will open it up later and have a look, might snag that board from you if it’s knackered! Iam going to try over the weekend to build the bare metal image for then piitrex if I get a chance, if you get one built before me could you share it?

I'll try, but I'm brand new to this stuff.
    Kerbdog and I will have a crack at it this evening, I think I have the right images, they are from the common Mame4All set I think, 0.37b.
    But the arrangement of the bare metal files into the raspian sd card structure puzzles me, there a set of files from the folder to_baremetal that is obvious but the rest of them?
    No idea!
    G Toal has suggested getting assistance via the official mailing list, and I think I'm already on that.
    Lots of work to be done but so worth it, I think.

As soon as there's a stable Mame release it is all going to get very very simple, and that's not too far away

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Nice one! congratulations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

o1s1n wrote: »
    Congratulations!

I am extremely envious at the amount of cool crap that kid is going to eventually inherit :D

Oh no.

That's my mausoleum, I'll be on display like Lenin out in my garage. Nothing to ever be touched or changed

Master of the Universe

Oh no.

That's my mausoleum, I'll be on display like Lenin out in my garage. Nothing to ever be touched or changed

Freeze yourself in a dramatic pose standing in the middle of it :D

source.gif

Master of the Universe

After years and years of using CD-Rs, (and no longer having a cd writer anywhere in the house!) I thought I'd finally make the leap into SD card Dreamcast loading.

Picked up a Dreamcast on ebay with it all set up and good to go;

GDEmu-1.jpg
    GDU-Emu-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Perfect timing, there are some Atomiswave ports to Dreamcast coming through at them moment KOF11 and Metal Slug 6

Master of the Universe

Perfect timing, there are some Atomiswave ports to Dreamcast coming through at them moment KOF11 and Metal Slug 6

I did not know this, excellent!

Be great if they did Dolphin Blue.

My new addition to my Veccy, the PiTrex, is a tougher nut than expected.
    And, so far, I've got a menu up and little else.
    All of my attempts to have Tailgunner and Asteroids running have ended in failure, but the given game, Gyrocks, is working fine.
    I'm probably going to have to wait for a more user friendly img for the sd before I can get much out of it.
    No prob waiting though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

My first ODE, a GC Loader for the... GC. I was hesitant, because I like dropping those cute discs into my GC, but it's already on it's second optical drive and I only have one "spare" machine left.

I think I'll have to pick up a few more over time with Dreamcast and Saturn in my sights.

532314.jpeg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just reading up on GC loader, I didn't realise it was plug and play - will have to look into getting one of them too.

Where'd you pick it up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement