Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I got mine straight from the guy who makes them. They appear in batches from time to time so when they came in stock I snapped one up!

https://www.black-dog.tech/gc-loader-pnp.html

I’ve also got a 3D printed mount on the way so it doesn’t look weird when you open the lid.

https://laserbear.net/shop/ols/products/gcloader-sd-mount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,569 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Was about to say, I got a couple of 3D printed mounts from a lad in the UK that work very well.
    Its not too hard to just reach your fingers in for when you want to remove the SD card, but the mount is a nice neat solution.
    At the very least, it can limit the amount of dust.

Another delivery. All these things arriving in one day is causing a few raised eyebrows.

532335.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

A retro emulation get, maybe the first here? :)

The original PC release version of Bleem!
    A marvel of emulation at the time and something I really wanted but I as most just played around with the leaked betas which I believe worked just as well as the retail release.

PlayStation1 emulation with a recommended PC specs of Pentium-II or higher, Win95/98, a whole 32MB of RAM, 16MB+ 3D accelerator :) Completely overtaken by emulators over the past many years but that wikipedia article is worth a read. The disc itself is part of the original programs copy protection, needing to be in the CD drive when opening the Bleem! application and was then swapped out for nearly any PS1 game.

Just read that Bleem! stood for, "Best Little Emulator Ever Made!"

532656.jpg

Gaming Historian does a good video on it - here

Jaysus...remember that arriving in the post back in the day. Probably long turned into dust somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    A retro emulation get, maybe the first here? :)

The original PC release version of Bleem!
    A marvel of emulation at the time and something I really wanted but I as most just played around with the leaked betas which I believe worked just as well as the retail release.

PlayStation1 emulation with a recommended PC specs of Pentium-II or higher, Win95/98, a whole 32MB of RAM, 16MB+ 3D accelerator :) Completely overtaken by emulators over the past many years but that wikipedia article is worth a read. The disc itself is part of the original programs copy protection, needing to be in the CD drive when opening the Bleem! application and was then swapped out for nearly any PS1 game.

Just read that Bleem! stood for, "Best Little Emulator Ever Made!"

532656.jpg

Gaming Historian does a good video on it - here

I remember the big hullabaloo about bleemcast for the Dreamcast, how it would run every ps1 game all nicely upgraded. Then it came out 47 years later and supported like 4 games. Blarp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Another delivery. All these things arriving in one day is causing a few raised eyebrows.

532335.jpeg

It escaped me for ages that parodius was a PARODY of gradius. So obvious but I missed it for donkeys years :p

Gradius wrote: »
    I remember the big hullabaloo about bleemcast for the Dreamcast, how it would run every ps1 game all nicely upgraded. Then it came out 47 years later and supported like 4 games. Blarp
    I believe the Dreamcast version they planned was initially meant to support all games but they hit issues (or wanted to have games perfectly emulated OR the whole issue with not enough joypad buttons with the original Dreamcast controller) so they focused on the big games at the time, Tekken3, RR3 and some others.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I believe the Dreamcast version they planned was initially meant to support all games but they hit issues (or wanted to have games perfectly emulated OR the whole issue with not enough joypad buttons with the original Dreamcast controller) so they focused on the big games at the time, Tekken3, RR3 and some others.

There were huge legal issues.
    And the Bleemcast was delayed until the DC dream was well dead.
    By the time it came out the only people making games for it were making vertical and horizontal shooters.

Got the SD extender for my GC Loader PNP so I'll install everything this weekend.

The quality of the print, and even how it was packed means I'll definitely be going back to LaserBear again.

532781.jpeg

• Advertisement

Must check up on whether Swiss has been updated......even though it added GC Loader support a while back, the last time I was setting it up it didn't allow saving configuration via the loader's SD card, so you have to save to one of the other methods (memory card adaptor etc) installed.

Looking at their release page, it seems you still need to pair it with something else for saving config.

https://github.com/emukidid/swiss-gc/releases/tag/v0.5r963

I've got an SD2SP2 already so I'll just check a small card into that. Not sure what to do about ripping my games. I've got another GC and a modded Wii. The latter might be the easiest solution and a good excuse to hook it up and play some Super Mario Galaxy 2!

Aye....looks that way alright. Its no big deal anyway, I use a Gecko to do the job, but I'm sure the SD2SP2 works great as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Nice little device, probably not worth the money for most people(didn't stop me ordering 2 of them though :))
    The USB C port only allows power and not data. But that might change if there's a button combo found to put the device in service/debug mode.

It's already been hacked using the internal debug headers(not simple). But I'm not sure its worth the effort, time will tell.
    Link

OLI2ouT.jpg

I wasn't sure what this port was in the pics online. But after checking it out its just a channel for the internal speaker.
    rPZggYs.jpg

The Game and Watch I ordered from Nintendo finally arrived(I ordered from GameStop and Nintendo UK).
    I was going to keep the second one sealed for some reason, but might just gift it for Christmas to someone who might get some use out of it.

Qq555P3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

still waiting on mine as you cant change delivery address on any nintendo order so waiting on parcel motel to get their fingers out :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It seems to be taking an awful long time to make it to Parcel Motel, Nintendo assure me it's shipped...

geotrig wrote: »
    still waiting on mine as you cant change delivery address on any nintendo order so waiting on parcel motel to get their fingers out :rolleyes:
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It seems to be taking an awful long time to make it to Parcel Motel, Nintendo assure me it's shipped...

I had mine sent up the north to my Parcel Wizard address. It arrived there yesterday and made its way down to me today. They are pretty good usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭geotrig

yeah , I ve switched to parcel wizard recently as someone is nearly always at home now and found them great and faster than parcel motel. couldnt change to nintendo order to reflect.

Just checked the royal mail tracking and delivered yesterday to pm yesterday and just as i was checking got the check in mail From so yeah hopefully will have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Wikidy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

I got notification at lunchtime, that it arrived in the Parcel Motel Dublin depot, hopefully it will not be too much longer for you.....

• Advertisement

Nothing yet...
    I might message them again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭barryribs

My G&W was shipped on the 12th, delivered to AddressPal on the 13th but I haven't heard anything from them yet. Never had problem with any nintendo orders, but they are normally quicker than this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Love the Plastic Cover over the box, nice for collectors to protect them.

I got 1 today via PM and other won't be here until tomorrow, both for Nintendo UK.

Beats PS5/SeriesX launch 😀😀😀

Mario Exclusive!

Busy day obviously with the likes of the PS5s and 3090 in the door, but one item that dropped in earlier on was one I was really looking forward to.
    6 month waiting list at the time, but turn came around in the last couple weeks, looking forward to adding it as a companion to the A1200 and CD32.

Excuse the poor photo

20201120-005255.jpg

Thank you to Cosmic Smash for the lovely retro goodies collected the other evening
    A minty mint green Wonderswan, the original mono device, and it works a treat.
    Also, a Japanese silver Gameboy Player for the JP Gamecube and he threw in Starfy for the DS and SMB2 for the GBA as a couple of bonuses,
    Thanks again!

McDermotX wrote: »
    Busy day obviously with the likes of the PS5s and 3090 in the door, but one item that dropped in earlier on was one I was really looking forward to.
    6 month waiting list at the time, but turn came around in the last couple weeks, looking forward to adding it as a companion to the A1200 and CD32.

Excuse the poor photo

20201120-005255.jpg

I was just sent to the link for the Vampire4 by an Amiga mad lad here in work - I think he is ordering it as a Crimbo present for himself...

That is prob a good thread for here - "What A&R present as you buying for yourself for Christmas this year?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

"What A&R present as you buying for yourself for Christmas this year?" :D

:D:D:D

Thinking of an RGB modded Famicom myself! I've the NES and an AV modded Famicom there already, but the composite signal is driving me mad. Especially when I've been playing an RGB console first.

Now whether it's something I buy for myself or something I drop a few hints to someone else remains to be decided...!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

McDermotX wrote: »

Wow, that ain't cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,280 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wow, that ain't cheap!

You don't hear of people getting the 3090 much, especially considering the value to performance that the 3080 is (I'd say my friend is sick after dropping series money on a new rig with a 2080 Super!) The Founders Editions are the nicest looking cards I've seen in a while.

I had an awful time trying to get a PS5 yesterday, I can't imagine having to go through the same crap trying to get a 30 series GPU after seeing the issues with social media and retailers themselves scalping them.

• Advertisement

I was just sent to the link for the Vampire4 by an Amiga mad lad here in work - I think he is ordering it as a Crimbo present for himself...

That is prob a good thread for here - "What A&R present as you buying for yourself for Christmas this year?" :D

TBH......I was in two minds about it back earlier in the year, but the restoration on my old A1200 was delayed.....works fine, but still waiting on the case/keypcaps project to deliver, so even though the likes of the MiSTer do the Amiga well, I ended up wanting to check out Apollo's standalone effort. Long oul wait, though i think they say there's only a 3 month wait now (and sometimes continental resellers claim to have stock, but perhaps you're just getting put on a list).

Bit pricey, but all reports are good so hoping to give it a runout over the next week or so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement