Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    Loved it since i was a kid, great game.

XL Bowl, the small alcove off to the left, down the back in the middle?
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah sunset riders. The arcade version is in a whole different league compared to the dull console ports.

Couldn't agree more. I'm building up a list of wanted games, & Sunset Riders isn't on the list for any platform. The arcade version, much like SF2, is the definitive version & the 16bit ports are inferior in every way. Mame or pcb all the way for this one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Haha Yeh, it's funny I seem to be buying all the games that where in that bowling alley. Sunset riders, street fighter 2, wwe wrestlefest, tetris, mortal kombat.

Still to get from there, world rally, super pang, Simpsons.. What other games had they can you remember?

keithgeo wrote: »
    Haha Yeh, it's funny I seem to be buying all the games that where in that bowling alley. Sunset riders, street fighter 2, wwe wrestlefest, tetris, mortal kombat.

Still to get from there, world rally, super pang, Simpsons.. What other games had they can you remember?

Hmm... Final Fight, Cicso Heat, & possibly Road Blasters?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Road Blasters I loved but I could not get into Cisco Heat at all, pub in Sligo had it and I didn't like it at all, it was pretty noisy though, I'll give it that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Steve SI protip:
    If you have an unknown dog staying with you for a few days, Do Not leave out your Turbo Everdrive Deluxe on the living room table!
    Most of it is now inside said dog :(

So todays costs are a new Turbo Everdrive(non deluxe peasant edition), 3D printed shell from Shapeways and trip to the vet to make sure dog is ok(he is).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hmm... Final Fight, Cicso Heat, & possibly Road Blasters?

Oh Yeh, final fight and Cisco heat where you crash the car into the bad guys car? Not sure about Road blasters though I can't picture the game at the minute. Just remembered there was a football game and outside a two player sit down, think we identified the games before, one you are a ship and your power ups where dragged behind you when you picked them up, Gemini was it? and the other was looking down at a motorbike and side car.

3 big two player sit downs outside with Street fighter and 1 in that alcove, it's mad 4 Street fighter games in that place there was, goes to show how popular it was.

No Cisco Heat was some kind of car driving game where you were a fire department car. Chase HQ was the one where you crash into the bad guys...they had that too now that you mention it :) I Can't place the shooting game at the mo, & I could be wrong about Road Blasters...that little alcove had lots of games was such a cool place

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    Steve SI protip:
    If you have an unknown dog staying with you for a few days, Do Not leave out your Turbo Everdrive Deluxe on the living room table!

So todays costs are a new Turbo Everdrive(non deluxe peasant edition), 3D printed shell from Shapeways and trip to the vet to make sure dog is ok(he is).

You better watch the poop, you can still recover the SD card!

Anyone asks what the Turbo Everdrive is like you can that , right now, it's like dog sh1t!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up a Raspberry PI B+ this morning, nice compact board alright.

Looking forward to messing around with it a bit - could be a nice solution for people making dedicated cabs of games not supported by the other cheap multi game boards if a decent 15KHz output can be got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

XL Bowl, the small alcove off to the left, down the back in the middle?

Couldn't agree more. I'm building up a list of wanted games, & Sunset Riders isn't on the list for any platform. The arcade version, much like SF2, is the definitive version & the 16bit ports are inferior in every way. Mame or pcb all the way for this one.

I still quite like the SNES version... ! Arcade one is far better but I still don't have the PCB for some reason.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I still quite like the SNES version... ! Arcade one is far better but I still don't have the PCB for some reason.

It's like the 16bit SF2 games for me...I just can't bring myself to play them...I mean why would anyone given how easily & perfectly the arcade version can be emulated :o

Master of the Universe

It's like the 16bit SF2 games for me...I just can't bring myself to play them...I mean why would anyone given how easily & perfectly the arcade version can be emulated :o

I'll either sit in front of a CRT and play it on a console or sit in front of a cab and play it on that.

Sitting in front of a laptop emulating, bleurgh, can't do it anymore!

I guess I could always install some games like that on the modded Wii and run it through a CRT. Actually that's a great idea! Not sure why I haven't done that already..!

Sitting in front of a laptop emulating, bleurgh, can't do it anymore!

I feel like that when playing the 16bit SF2 games :o They're just inferior in every way, sound, music, sprites, animation, graphics...it's just way too distracting to see how reduced they are. With HLSL & Mame, there's just no comparison

Master of the Universe

I feel like that when playing the 16bit SF2 games :o They're just inferior in every way, sound, music, sprites, animation, graphics...it's just way too distracting to see how reduced they are. With HLSL & Mame, there's just no comparison

HLSL, fancy bartop - that's something else entirely really.

Playing on a standard PC/Laptop just isn't fun.

HLSL, fancy bartop - that's something else entirely really.

Playing on a standard PC/Laptop just isn't fun.

True, but HLSL can make the standard pc/laptop look a lot better than the 16bit versions still. I suppose you're into the realm of external pads/sticks etc which becomes messy...point taken :)

Master of the Universe

True, but HLSL can make the standard pc/laptop look a lot better than the 16bit versions still. I suppose you're into the realm of external pads/sticks etc which becomes messy...point taken :)

Oh yeah, not doubting that they don't look great and all, its just not an authentic experience really. I tend to get bored with it very quickly and exit mame to go back to browsing boards :pac:

BTW, this same debate always comes up when someone buys a sunset riders PCB!

Package awaits me at work but I'm off duty today , it'll have to wait!
    Reckon it's Pong!
    I have to pick up 4 D cell batteries to power it, pending research into the appropriate adapter.
    Also, concerns about video made me realise I have a rf to comp converter somewhere , should mean I can hook it up to any display, visual fidelity isn't quite as crucial when dealing with a system that only outputs black and white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Did you get US spec D cell batteries ?

Yea I think American d batteries are wider coz there imperial.
    Ours are metric ;-)

Nope....
    Bugger....

• Advertisement

urbanledge wrote: »
    Yea I think American d batteries are wider coz there imperial.
    Ours are metric ;-)

I have no idea if above statement is true :D:D:D

I have no idea if above statement is true :D:D:D

Fibs, Fibs I Tells Ya!

Well obviously the US batteries are 60Hz compatible, the ones over here are restricted to 50Hz I believe

Well obviously the US batteries are 60Hz compatible, the ones over here are restricted to 50Hz I believe

We shall see when it comes to Pong if refresh rates are as important.
    Me, I can't wait to see it at 1080p and at 60 frames a second!

Yea forgot about the DC Hz.
    How many voltamps is a Pal D battery?
    I think a NTSC D battery is 55ⁿ

Yea forgot about the DC Hz.
    How many voltamps is a Pal D battery?
    I think a NTSC D battery is 55ⁿ

That's it young man,
    If I've warned you once I've warned you a thousand times!!
    This is going to hurt you more than it hurts me!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKRcDtuNE2e02lNY1ymhN-abiuTF5MgaGwUw0KsMyiK_otpA8S

Just picked up Sonic Colors for the DS for a fiver in Swords.
    I've never played this one before, but seems to have been well reviewed.
    Must pick it up for the Wii as well, if I spot it on my travels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    Steve SI protip:

vLkA8kF.jpg

Tracking said no but there it was this morning, a lovely Super Pong console awaiting for me this morning in work.
    I'll give it a clean and post her up for all to see a little later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'd be charging the dog's owner €100 for the privilege of looking after a badly trained dog personally. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement