Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Skerries wrote: »
    is that a Roccat Vulcan 100 or 120 Aimo?

I have just ordered one and just want to find out what you think of it?
    I ordered the brown key version

Its the Vulcan 120 Aimo. I went for the Titan tactile switches and 6 months on its going great. The look is a bit different from your usual keyboard(mostly the key tops), but I see that as a good thing :)
    The software isn't great, but you wont be spending much time in there once you've set up profiles and LEDs etc.

Not my pic
    Roccat-Vulcan-100-4-1024x683.jpg

thats some yoke,
    Im still rocking my Logitech g15 .
    11 years old at least........

thats some yoke,
    Im still rocking my Logitech g15 .
    11 years old at least........

I went from the G15 to the G19 to a custom mech keyboard and now on to this Vulcan 120. I still miss the little screens on the G15/G19, but have added a stream deck mini and xl to fill the gap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

New Veccy gaming goodness arrived this morning,
    Chimney Hunt 2020 edition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Compaq/Mitsubishi Diamondtron 22", thanks to magicbastarder on the Arcade and Retro Marketplace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

New Veccy goodness just arrived this morning!

A 72 game Multicart V2 and Vectorblade, both from Andrew Coleman in the UK.

I have another copy of Vectorblade on the way from the US, on the slow boat I imagine.

I can't wait to try Vectorblade out, it is supposed to be spectacular.

535015.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭accensi0n

A few famicom ninja games. :)

IMAG2113.jpg

Damn, I'm only missing the third one myself, off to ebay I go!
    edit: Just looked, it's cheaper to buy all three from Japan than it is to buy the third one from the US or EU!

Also, non-retro, my PS5 finally turned up after some shenanigans by Parcel Motel, well, I say mine but it's Cidonalads from Santy.

In other news, picked up a Retron HD, their NES clone, from Heatons or whatever they are calling themselves these days.
    I already have one but this was only €12 so I couldn't exactly leave it behind!
    Must get Jackal for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    PS2 TOOL arrived from Japan but got dropped kicked a few times by Fedex! So, insurance claim logged so lets see what comes of that. It was cheap so not a massive loss. It will prob boot etc. as the internals look fine but haven't touched it yet incase Fedex want something checked/done.

Wayhay! Got monies back for the destroyed case PS2 TOOL :) So I can now look to change its PSU and power it up to see whats what.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In other news, picked up a Retron HD, their NES clone, from Heatons or whatever they are calling themselves these days.
    I already have one but this was only €12 so I couldn't exactly leave it behind!
    Must get Jackal for it

Oooo, I would have asked yea to get another for me too :)

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Oooo, I would have asked yea to get another for me too :)

Sure, you can have this one, I already have one and I only bought it because it couldn't face leaving it behind!
    I'll drop it up later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Nice little device, probably not worth the money for most people(didn't stop me ordering 2 of them though :))
    The USB C port only allows power and not data. But that might change if there's a button combo found to put the device in service/debug mode.

It's already been hacked using the internal debug headers(not simple). But I'm not sure its worth the effort, time will tell.
    Link

OLI2ouT.jpg

I wasn't sure what this port was in the pics online. But after checking it out its just a channel for the internal speaker.
    rPZggYs.jpg

These have gone down to 40gbp on Amazon now if anyone was thinking about one but doesn't have one. They're still 60 Euro over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Could've sworn I thought I posted this, oh well. I got this for my N64.

A4PiQx0l.png
    ZCJjCIsl.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Picked up a 1up TMNT cab Monday

Came up on Facebook marketplace and got it for €250. It's a pretty nice little machine. Absolutely dwarfed standing it next to the MK2 cab

Sticks and buttons are garbage though. I'll have to replace them. Are they hackable to get more 4P arcade games on it?

Yet another copy of Vectorblade has landed on my doorstep... I don't mind, it's a great game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Yet another copy of Vectorblade has landed on my doorstep... I don't mind, it's a great game!
    Seem like something you may be selling...... :P

deadl0ck wrote: »
    Seem like something you may be selling...... :P

I've already promised one to Ollie!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

IMG-20201210-151018-7.jpg

IMG-20201210-150924-5.jpg

IMG-20201130-214415-2.jpg

Finally got those keys, and the locks were so stiff I reckon that side of the red tent hasn't been opened in donkeys years.

So first of all I was able to turn the volume down on Mario which was great. Turns out it's another sharp xm monitor. But the colours on Mario were off, the sky was purple instead of blue. But to adjust the rbg you'd need the hands of a four year old to squeeze in, so using a biscuit tin I made a "tool" with 20 angles (patent pending) and with a lot of cursing managed to get it right. Looks nice now :)

Basically I'm bored out of my t*ts and cutting up biscuit tins passes for entertainment :/

Looking at that picture again it seems blurry, but in real life it's nice and sharp

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,747 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gradius wrote: »

The original Sonic Screwdriver.

I finally got my Game & Watch Super Mario Bros today.
    I ended up cancelling the one pre-ordered from Nintendo and just got it for a tenner less from Smyth's.
    Seems like a very nice little device.

I ended up cancelling the one pre-ordered from Nintendo and just got it for a tenner less from Smyth's.

I must sort out those stands for you and the others to hold the Game and Watch. They are quick to 3D print so its just a matter of organising the posting :)

• Advertisement

Steve X2 wrote: »
    I must sort out those stands for you and the others to hold the Game and Watch. They are quick to 3D print so its just a matter of organising the posting :)

That would be great, I plan to have it in work, as a clock and an occasional sneaky game.
    Until they make the loading of games onto it easier, in which case it might be a more regular fixture.
    It is a lovely device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Mine is going back for repair - got the postage labels today - it would never charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Gradius wrote: »
    IMG-20201210-151018-7.jpg

IMG-20201130-214415-2.jpg

Finally got those keys, and the locks were so stiff I reckon that side of the red tent hasn't been opened in donkeys years.

So first of all I was able to turn the volume down on Mario which was great. Turns out it's another sharp xm monitor. But the colours on Mario were off, the sky was purple instead of blue. But to adjust the rbg you'd need the hands of a four year old to squeeze in, so using a biscuit tin I made a "tool" with 20 angles (patent pending) and with a lot of cursing managed to get it right. Looks nice now :)

Basically I'm bored out of my t*ts and cutting up biscuit tins passes for entertainment :/

Looking at that picture again it seems blurry, but in real life it's nice and sharp

Very nice red tent.

I actually have a "floppy" screwdriver for those awkward jobs. Useless for 99.9% of the time but a lifesaver the one time you need it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I got a dogbone NES controller in the post today to compliment my toploader NES. It's nice and clean and was reasonably priced. I went for the AV Famicom version, so OF COURSE the cable is really short.

I took a look inside and the cable is terminated with a socket. I think I'll try to replace the cable with something longer.

535839.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,204 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I got a dogbone NES controller in the post today to compliment my toploader NES. It's nice and clean and was reasonably priced. I went for the AV Famicom version, so OF COURSE the cable is really short.

I took a look inside and the cable is terminated with a socket. I think I'll try to replace the cable with something longer.

535839.jpeg

Look into getting a cable extension maybe? I've one for my Famicom and Hudson control pad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Might be a better approach. Less destructive!

Raidface!

IMG-20201218-173608-0.jpg

IMG-20201218-163719-0.jpg

A few goodies, and an interesting original switcher :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Sold a couple of machines from the shedcade and picked up this candy from another member on here. First candy and so far loving it.

*the purists will kill me for having rainbow islands in the defender, I’ve a multiwilliams around somewhere honestly :D

Sold a couple of machines from the shedcade and picked up this candy from another member on here. First candy and so far loving it.

*the purists will kill me for having rainbow islands in the defender, I’ve a multiwilliams around somewhere honestly :D

What a cool little setup, great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Thanks, it can fit 3 pins and 3 arcades but there is currently a desk and little 2 seater chair in there so for the foreseeable future 4 is my limit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement