Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn the rf connection on this thing.
    It's got a phono type plug that's too thick to fit in an Irish TV and the seller provided an F type adapter that's no use either.
    Happily Woodies in Swords have a couple of adapters so I'm heading that way on my break to get all Ponged up!

Also, shifted Conkers Bad Fur Day, unboxed, for 90 euro in about 5 minutes on EBay!
    Not too bad, I could have gotten more but I'm picking up a 3ds tomorrow to complete my Nintendo handheld collection and need the fundage!
    Happy days though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    but I'm picking up a 3ds tomorrow to complete my Nintendo handheld collection

Seems your collection will have two new 3DS shaped gaps in it by next year. Integrated CPP models ahoy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Seems your collection will have two new 3DS shaped gaps in it by next year. Integrated CPP models ahoy

Hmm
    I say a couple of things to this news

1- Hooray!
    B- About bloody time Nintendo!
    Z- Must start saving now!

Hmm
    I say a couple of things to this news

1- Hooray!
    B- About bloody time Nintendo!
    Z- Must start saving now!

LOVE the way they have the Snes button colours on the new version. I likely won't bother with the standard size, but if they release a Zelda XL new version....hmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Myrddin wrote: »
    LOVE the way they have the Snes button colours on the new version. I likely won't bother with the standard size, but if they release a Zelda XL new version....hmm...

I thought the exact same thing about the button colours, I love them.

Bit worried to hear about the additional power under the hood though. Apparently there's a Xenoblade Chronicles port being released for it but it won't work with the old 3DS models?

Silly move if so. Then again, it'll probably result in me buying a new XL :D

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Bit worried to hear about the additional power under the hood though. Apparently there's a Xenoblade Chronicles port being released for it but it won't work with the old 3DS models?

Silly move if so. Then again, it'll probably result in me buying a new XL :D

Agreed, bit weird to have a 3DS that can't play certain 3DS games alright. Like you say though, it'll prob just mean we'll jump ship to the newer version...given the sickness we're afflicted with (collectors!)

Nice. Might be the kick I needed to finally get one.
    I like the gspot stick too:-)

urbanledge wrote: »
    Nice. Might be the kick I needed to finally get one.
    I like the gspot stick too:-)

I can imagine the next Senran Kagura Burst will be thinking the same thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I can imagine the next Senran Kagura Burst will be thinking the same thing!

They used to refer to similar directional buttons built into laptops (pre touch pads) as a 'nipple'. So yes, probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

MrVestek wrote: »
    I'd be charging the dog's owner €100 for the privilege of looking after a badly trained dog personally. :P

Good luck finding the owner. He/She(probably He) dumped the dog and left it to fend for itself on the side of the road.
    So I'll let it away with destroying my everdrive and put it down to mental stress(both on the dog, and for me after finding the everdrive :))

Anyway, I'll look on the positive side of things. Have a new Turbo Everdrive on the way and some bits from shapeways. A little bit of Sugru, paint and time and I'll have a nice custom one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Steve SI wrote: »
    Good luck finding the owner. He/She(probably He) dumped the dog and left it to fend for itself on the side of the road.
    So I'll let it away with destroying my everdrive and put it down to mental stress(both on the dog, and for me after finding the everdrive :))

Anyway, I'll look on the positive side of things. Have a new Turbo Everdrive on the way and some bits from shapeways. A little bit of Sugru, paint and time and I'll have a nice custom one.

Ohh I must have misread a previous post about you looking after someone's dog.

Fair enough then, are you planning to keep him or find him a good home? That's really noble of you by the way, kudos to you sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

MrVestek wrote: »
    Ohh I must have misread a previous post about you looking after someone's dog.

Fair enough then, are you planning to keep him or find him a good home? That's really noble of you by the way, kudos to you sir!

Well I'm minding him for the animal charity I volunteer with. At least until we can see what he's like and find a good home for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well I'm minding him for the animal charity I volunteer with. At least until we can see what he's like and find a good home for him.

A dog that eats console?

Don't let Ciderman's missus see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Been meaning to get these for awhile! Hard to go back to wired controllers after last gen

20140829_165010.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Got some nice soundtracks recently...

cRruLLl.jpg

QcWWMbP.jpg

ZvkSPfk.jpg

WpgAXGM.jpg

HTtTDFO.jpg

ez2YMAu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So it's payday and I got a promotion in work on Tuesday so figured I'd treat myself to a personal grail GET that I've been wanting for a long time. Just ordered it on ebay so hopefully it'll arrive next week and won't be caught by customs!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Few gets from the last few days

320335.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

DSC01848.jpg
    Not my photo but I got a Pal Nes castlevania in the games shop in Maynooth today.Pretty fair price as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

:eek: Fighting Angels, want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Few gets from the last few days

Tecmo's deception looks interesting, never heard of that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭keanebg1

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Not my photo but I got a Pal Nes castlevania in the games shop in Maynooth today.Pretty fair price as well.

Nice! Where abouts is the games shop in Maynooth?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Tecmo's deception looks interesting, never heard of that before.

The series is fantastic. Hard to describe though, there's nothing else like it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The series is fantastic. Hard to describe though, there's nothing else like it.

You can tell that the games purchasing dynamic is somewhat different in Sligo than it was in Balbriggan!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

keanebg1 wrote: »
    Nice! Where abouts is the games shop in Maynooth?

Manor mills ..its a current gen shop but has a decent retro section..mame cab there as well.

Just picked up a Zelda 3DS, the original model, sadly unboxed.
    But it's very nice, perfect condition and paid for with Conkers sale yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Just picked up a Zelda 3DS, the original model, sadly unboxed.
    But it's very nice, perfect condition and paid for with Conkers sale yesterday.

How much did ye get it for?

marko93 wrote: »
    How much did ye get it for?

80, including a copy of Zelda OoT in the cart slot.
    Happy with the price.

Picked another copy of The Last Story in a nice surprise in Tesco.
    If someone wants it this evening at the Beers they can have it for the fiver I paid for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Yes please. I just posted over on the auction links thread, you can swap or I'll pay the 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Picked another copy of The Last Story in a nice surprise in Tesco.
    If someone wants it this evening at the Beers they can have it for the fiver I paid for it!

Never mind all these new gen gets, where's the pics of the pong console? Dying to see it, hope to own one myself some day!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement