Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Yes please. I just posted over on the auction links thread, you can swap or I'll pay the 5.

Grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

Will us mere peasants get to put our filthy paws on super pong console tonight?

Or is it strictly look but don't touch?

In the case of the latter you could put it on stage against the pole in the adults section with the beaded curtains that Atavan suggested! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    Will us mere peasants get to put our filthy paws on super pong console tonight?

Or is it strictly look but don't touch?

In the case of the latter you could put it on stage against the pole in the adults section with the beaded curtains that Atavan suggested! ;)

It's weird
    Only one of my CRT's will display it, and then it's in a strange colour effect, not displeasing but not right.
    I must look into a better solution from somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Will probably only work properly on a b&w tv. I have one here if ya wanna 'loan' it to me..

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Will probably only work properly on a b&w tv. I have one here if ya wanna 'loan' it to me..

That's a great i......

Shut the front door and wait a minute there Mr!

If you think that kind of cranium psycho nonsense is going to work on me you've another thing coming!
    Who do you think you are?
    Tom Cruise with his scientology witch powers???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got some new arcade bits. 2 Sanwa JLF-TP-8 sticks, 2 aluminium Bat Tops(which I'll prob never use) and a few different LED bulbs to test what type works in my Point Blank coin mech(they all do it seems). And few misc things.

EuDWnY.jpgw0CxYP.jpg

Silly watch I got for the laugh, I actually like the old school leds that it uses to backlight and display the time digitally. Pic doesnt show it but they have a very retro look.
    KQNN3y.jpgLeMYdi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

My recent hauls. Thank you company bonus.

320444.jpg

Thanks to Monkeykube I now own a lovely 400 in one cart for the Famicom and it's a blinder!
    Tons of accurate images of games there saving me worrying about an Everdrive for a while!
    Thanks again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Thanks to Monkeykube I now own a lovely 400 in one cart for the Famicom and it's a blinder!
    Tons of accurate images of games there saving me worrying about an Everdrive for a while!
    Thanks again!

They're not a bad little cart, glad you like it. Still a little disappointed you can't actually play Resi 5 on it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Two boxed gets today, behind two recent cart only gets!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Thanks again!

you forgot the obligatory youtube vid

BANNED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Weekend haul at the Rage. Have to say, they were very friendly and hooked me up with a nice deal.
    10614266_292189674301735_4965811074131024882_n(1).jpg

I left before you dropped any money on that lot... (my Dad wasn't too annoyed in the end as we still made the carvery).

Anyway how much did you end up spending in the end? Also is that a USA copy of Legacy Of Kain? That cover seems unfamiliar to me, I'm used to seeing this one:

legacy_of_kain_-_soul_reaver_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

it's the first Legacy of Kain game, before Sould Reaver :) (the story of Kain himself)
    it's more like a zelda type game

Quite a boring one this but damn useful, got some cables for the BVM from retrogamingcables.co.uk.
    I must say the build quality is top notch and there is a very nice weight to the BNC connectors, and the scart end is also of good solid quality. I wasn’t sure what to get so I went with two, one standard and one with a sync cleaner circuit built in.
    These should also work with my smaller PVM so that’s handy.

anUnMc.jpg

Steve SI wrote: »
    Quite a boring one this but damn useful, got some cables for the BVM from retrogamingcables.co.uk.
    I must say the build quality is top notch and there is a very nice weight to the BNC connectors, and the scart end is also of good solid quality. I wasn’t sure what to get so I went with two, one standard and one with a sync cleaner circuit built in.
    These should also work with my smaller PVM so that’s handy.

anUnMc.jpg

You might be the man to know this. Do you know of anywhere that I could get an RGB scart to component converter with audio?

My capture card only does component & composite and I'd like to start doing some proper retro Twitch streams soon.

I have found one or two on Amazon but they're $50. That's a bit much for a signal converter imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Wii collecting continues. Two very important games that were missing form the collection are now part of it:

21bj5w6.jpg

And picked these up for little or nothing too

2qx5cvn.jpg

MrVestek wrote: »
    You might be the man to know this. Do you know of anywhere that I could get an RGB scart to component converter with audio?

My capture card only does component & composite and I'd like to start doing some proper retro Twitch streams soon.

I have found one or two on Amazon but they're $50. That's a bit much for a signal converter imho.

The only ones I've seen are around that 50-100 euro price point. 50 isn't a bad price for a decent one.
    I mean I paid 56 sterling for the cables I got today. Decent video cables and adapters do cost a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

o1s1n's mam: 'Hi Ois, a small package came from Japan today'

o1s1n: 'It's some plutonium from Fukishima, be careful!'

o1s1n's mam: 'WHAT! You're kidding obviously??'

Not sure what concerns me more, the fact that my mother thinks you can order plutonium online, or the fact that my mother thinks I'd order plutonium online.

Edit - I'm pretty sure it's Sailor Moon! Must get my costume ready.

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    o1s1n's mam: 'Hi Ois, a small package came from Japan today'

o1s1n: 'It's some plutonium from Fukishima, be careful!'

o1s1n's mam: 'WHAT! You're kidding obviously??'

Not sure what concerns me more, the fact that my mother thinks you can order plutonium online, or the fact that my mother thinks I'd order plutonium online.

Edit - I'm pretty sure it's Sailor Moon! Must get my costume ready.

I send this to my mother every time she asks too many questions:

2dudpbr.jpg

She doesn't appreciate it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

i should be getting a ntsc-u dreamcast weds or thurs would anybody have a 240v dreamcast psu handy so i can switch over power boards saves getting stepdown give me a price

On the way to do some unpleasant but necessary work in Beaumont Hospital I swung into CEX to cheer myself up.
    Picked up Resi 5 gold edition, Puyo Pop Fever, Crimson Skies for the PS3, PS2 and Xbox respectively as well as the charmingly titled Super Fun Chess, which just looks like regular old chess to me, for the DS.
    I nearly bought a few Sonic games, Black Knight and the previous one but didn't pull the trigger.

On the way to do some unpleasant but necessary work in Beaumont Hospital I swung into CEX to cheer myself up.

I guess its when it becomes too unpleasant it becomes unnecessary.

I'll admit i certainly wouldnt be hard enough for your line of duty, fair play to you.

So on the bus down from Dublin I had a very enlightening conversation with someone who I would consider "awake" like myself.

And after a while I started to stare at the "bag of sh1t" / haul I had on the seat next to me.
    And I realized that 2 years ago, I would never have been bringing a bag that big back.

I've often mentioned on here that I'm a casual gamer and not a collector,
    but with all the PS1 and PS3 acquisitions lately that doesn't seem to be so true anymore.

I'd dread to think what the total damage is for all the shtuff I bought in the last year.

I spent more time chasing and buying games than I have playing them recently, and ill probably never get to play all of them.

Its funny how it G.A.S.. or "Game Acquisition Syndrome" can creep up on you so fast without realizing.

And I guess I always tried to rationalize it by considering the amount minute as to what some of the real collectors buy on here.

So there is only one more get that I actually *really* wanted lately, and I am going to take a break after that.

"Gotta not catch 'em all!" - Doge 2014

he previous one but didn't pull the trigger.

Worst... game... ever...

And speaking of my next get,

any Mods know what happened the the wanted ad for it in the Marketplace.

It was the enititled:

"Wanted: Thrustmaster T.Flight HOTAS X - the one with the throrttle!"

It seems to have completed disappeared from the marketplace, without any notification whatsoever.

Maybe a mod confused it as something not retro, but that flight stick is actually for a the PS3 which I intend to use it for, even though it can be used on PC also.

That was my bad
    But a PC/PS3 flightstick is not retro.
    And as such isn't permitted on the Arcade and Retro forum.
    It's all there in the rules that no one appears to have read!

MrVestek wrote: »
    Worst... game... ever...

Not quite that bad certainly not in the same sphere of sh1teness that Shadow the Hedgehog and the Sonic PS3/360 titles occupy.
    That said, I cannot warm upto this lock on to enemies crack that has infected the whole franchise now, I was playing Sonic Colors on the DS and that "innovation" spoiled it completely.

• Advertisement

That was my bad
    But a PC/PS3 flightstick is not retro.
    And as such isn't permitted on the Arcade and Retro forum.
    It's all there in the rules that no one appears to have read!

Actually now that you mention it I don't remember seeing any PS3 games for sale on there, so my bad for not reading the rules! :o
    So what do you think, wait very patiently for an adverts seller to a sell second hand one for 35 quid and get it next week....

or.....

Order it from amazon for just 15 quid more and get it brand new in box faster?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement