Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, and considering the book is about 2 years old at this stage you'd imagine they would have copped it and changed it before running a reprint or two.

That is a bit dire they didn't use a proper photo of a Famicom. Though the picture is legit. No idea why they chose to use a photo of a prototype Super Famicom...?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    How frequent are those times these days?

I didn't help at all this year especially and I just want to apologise again for getting obsessive with the "humour" as Retr0 would put it.

I think since we've met up at the the 2nd last beers I've improved but short term memory isn't the best lately.

No, no one individual, don't worry
    All is well, pills have kicked in

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

LongZ wrote: »
    Weekend haul at the Rage. Have to say, they were very friendly and hooked me up with a nice deal.
    10614266_292189674301735_4965811074131024882_n(1).jpg

They had legacy of kain??.....nooooooooooo! Been after a copy of that for ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Go for a look at AV equipment with Ciderman, come home with a PVM. :eek:

Yes, this is broadcast monitor number 4. And no, I do not have anywhere to put it :D

IMG_20140903_105839782_zps41366cd3.jpg

nice where'd you find that?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

There's an AV place in Sandyford offloading a load of older gear. Cidey spotted the two monitors on ebay which we nabbed.

The rest of their stuff is here. Some really nice Extron video switching equipment if you're into that kind of thing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/avcomltd/m.html?item=331301026044&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A decent mornings work, travelling some 60 miles, there and back to Sandyford!
    vGP1Ua3.jpg
    and
    hQvn6mH.jpg

Happy days,
    Now to get some cables for the PVM and bobs your in-law!

The PVM was only €30 with the flight case, a frakking heavy flight case!

Thanks to the O1s-meister for the game btw, I see some serious shmuppy action, and lots of continues, in my immediate future!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Also got this today. But getting a full refund as I kicked up a stink about the quality of the finished product over on nintendoage.
    http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=131608&StartRow=101

What are the quality issues? Bad label prints for the case/cart?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    There's an AV place in Sandyford offloading a load of older gear. Cidey spotted the two monitors on ebay which we nabbed.

The rest of their stuff is here. Some really nice Extron video switching equipment if you're into that kind of thing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/avcomltd/m.html?item=331301026044&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I was going to ask whereabouts in Sandyford are they until I spotted the ebay username, they're a customer of ours funnily enough. Small world. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    What are the quality issues? Bad label prints for the case/cart?

I'll copy and paste what I wrote on the page.
    So I received my game today. Initial impressions are quite poor as the game case it's in doesn't suit the cart at all and it is loose inside (so pointless really as a way to protect the game). The cart shell is also kind of loose(and almost seems broken) and cheap looking with lots of moulding imperfections so I'll need to find another game to sacrifice the shell for this. The label on the cart looks like something a very cheap printer would output.
    To say I'm disappointed isn't saying enough considering I paid $90 for this. Now I will need to source a new case, shell and get labels printed up.
    I really appreciate you releasing the game, it's a great thing to do. But you really screwed us on the quality of the everything except the game PCB.

If I send back everything except the PCB can I get a partial refund?

The print out for the game case artwork is also terrible and looks like it was done on a bad printer with ultra low quality paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Dr Bob wrote: »
    They had legacy of kain??.....nooooooooooo! Been after a copy of that for ages!

When I saw it , I just KNEW ... I had to have it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

LongZ wrote: »
    When I saw it , I just KNEW ... I had to have it :D

Was the good doctor caught slippin'?

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I was going to ask whereabouts in Sandyford are they until I spotted the ebay username, they're a customer of ours funnily enough. Small world. :D

No way, that's gas! :D

They have some store room full of stuff, I've never seen so many flight cases in my life!

Sadly no bigger PVMs or BVMs, but they do have some really fancy projector screens I was thinking of nabbing.

No way, that's gas! :D

They have some store room full of stuff, I've never seen so many flight cases in my life!

Sadly no bigger PVMs or BVMs, but they do have some really fancy projector screens I was thinking of nabbing.

If you want a BVM I can probably sort you out. But they are 150-200 sterling from where I get them for the 20" versions. It's the UK so shipping has to be taken into account as well.

I tried the PVM on the AV Famicom via a quick and dirty composite Kerb knocked together for me and the picture looks lovely, but most of the time the picture was rolling, don't know why, I haven't tried it with any other sources as yet.
    Any thoughts?

Master of the Universe

If you want a BVM I can probably sort you out. But they are 150-200 sterling from where I get them for the 20" versions. It's the UK so shipping has to be taken into account as well.

Oooh that's mighty tempting. Do you have a list of the models available?

I'm currently looking at a 2010 model which is listed at 119.00 BIN. Just waiting for the fecking seller to get back to me :D

Can you remember what the damage was on the UK shipping?
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I tried the PVM on the AV Famicom via a quick and dirty composite Kerb knocked together for me and the picture looks lovely, but most of the time the picture was rolling, don't know why, I haven't tried it with any other sources as yet.
    Any thoughts?

Did you try pressing the SYNC button on the front panel?

Have a play about with those buttons. If you have them configured incorrectly they picture might not display correctly.

I have an identical monitor at home with an AV Famicom hooked up and it runs grand, it should accept both 50 and 60hz fine.

Did you try pressing the SYNC button on the front panel?

Have a play about with those buttons. If you have them configured incorrectly they picture might not display correctly.

I have an identical monitor at home with an AV Famicom hooked up and it runs grand, it should accept both 50 and 60hz fine.

I tried the sync button, seems to work for some games on the Fami, but the likes of SMB3 just keeps on rolling.
    I tried a PAL NES and it seems to be fine.
    It might be more about a lousy AV mod job on the Fami rather than anything else, it was a tad ropey to start with tbh.
    I shall investigate more, and report with news once the RGB cable turns up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

I tried the sync button, seems to work for some games on the Fami, but the likes of SMB3 just keeps on rolling.
    It might be more about a lousy AV mod job on the Fami rather than anything else, it was a tad ropey to start with tbh.

I think i have all the parts to re-do that AV job that was done by someone else if yea like - some lad in Donegal wanted me to mod his but he lacked the ability to use ParcelMotel

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    I think i have all the parts to re-do that AV job that was done by someone else if yea like - some lad in Donegal wanted me to mod his but he lacked the ability to use ParcelMotel

Woohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I didn't mod that did I? I remember doing Atavans, & Alter E's one, not sure about one for you? The mod has changed in recent years & is nice & compact now.

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    I didn't mod that did I? I remember doing Atavans, & Alter E's one, not sure about one for you? The mod has changed in recent years & is nice & compact now.

Nope, I got mine from adverts, said to be unmodded and faulty but turned out to be not perfect but it worked and was already av modded.
    Kerb will give it a service for me, be good as new , the reset button doesn't work so he might fix that too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

IMAG0432_zpspyap29b9.jpg

Master of the Universe

Excellent! Was thinking about getting a couple of those :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Excellent! Was thinking about getting a couple of those :)

It's surprisingly long.

tumblr_inline_mu3c8tdWrS1r5qa3k.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

aah yes. it's been a while since I found one of these in a pre-owned cart :)

photo.JPG

Master of the Universe

HAHAHA that's amazing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

i got this ntsc-u dreamcast off adverts last night for €50 boxed with 2 contollers not a mark on console looks new have been searching net for pal psu or faulty dreamcast to change the voltage i didnt think it would be so difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

It's all about the orange swirl over the blue swirl. :)

I kept my PAL DC for parts. My NTSC-J DC already has the PSU swapped out so I've still got a spare PAL PSU just in case.

Such a great console. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

raven999 wrote: »
    i got this ntsc-u dreamcast off adverts last night for €50 boxed with 2 contollers not a mark on console looks new have been searching net for pal psu or faulty dreamcast to change the voltage i didnt think it would be so difficult

Ask the guys on the Assembler forums. There are a fair number of Europeans on there.

That's where I got my Saturn PSU type replaced recently.

• Advertisement

This just arrived at my desk. It's a Bluetooth/USB joypad that works on PC/Android/iOS. It got good reviews so i decided to go for it. Dpad is actually not bad at all on it and the buttons have decent feel to them. Works well with MAME and the other emulators i have installed on my iPad and iPhone.
    It can also be used as a Wiimote on the Wii but I've yet to try that and am not really bothered with it.

http://www.nes30.com/

4VCOGF.jpg
    PWzOwB.jpg
    227wBp.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement