Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Looks a bit wrong with all the buttons to me.

Would prefer if they left it with just the A-B buttons and done a SNES clone with all the buttons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Looks a bit wrong with all the buttons to me.

Would prefer if they left it with just the A-B buttons and done a SNES clone with all the buttons.

Yeah I know what you mean. But it works well and is small so will be handy for some emulation on the go. I've a 11-12 hour flight coming up in a week or so and this will get a good test then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Wasnt planning on buying a PS4 for quite some time tbh but on the playstation bargains thread there was talk of Argos selling off old stock of the Killzone bundle for €332.99.

I didnt believe but I enquired and low and behold I managed to pick one up at lunch time out in Ashbourne branch.

I had a mate of mine who wanted one too but he cant get the money together so bottom line is I have one more reserved in the Ilac that I think needs to be picked up today.

So if anyone wants the code let me know via PM. First come, first serverd etc..

Seriously good value imo.

Code gone now sorry, another mate of mine wanted it for his brother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Stop making me want to buy things. I still need to eat for the next three weeks. :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

MrVestek wrote: »
    Stop making me want to buy things. I still need to eat for the next three weeks. :-(

I love the way you sorted me a deal at the car boot sale last weekend for that PS3 and ended up buying it for yourself :D whish we had a camera going then :D:D

• Advertisement

LongZ wrote: »
    I love the way you sorted me a deal at the car boot sale last weekend for that PS3 and ended up buying it for yourself :D whish we had a camera going then :D:D

I gave you first refusal dude you said afterwards that you didn't want it!

That's the only reason I jumped in.

Also you saved yourself from a Lemon as it has the RLOD.

Gonna chase that guy down at roundwood at the weekend and get my money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I gave you first refusal dude you said afterwards that you didn't want it!
    That's the only reason I jumped in.

Only messin' dude. was cool to see ya get him to drop his price more and more.
    sucks about the RLOD but I had a feeling sth wasn't right with ... my Banjo senses were tingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Steve SI wrote: »
    This just arrived at my desk. It's a Bluetooth/USB joypad that works on PC/Android/iOS. It got good reviews so i decided to go for it. Dpad is actually not bad at all on it and the buttons have decent feel to them. Works well with MAME and the other emulators i have installed on my iPad and iPhone.
    It can also be used as a Wiimote on the Wii but I've yet to try that and am not really bothered with it.

http://www.nes30.com/

4VCOGF.jpg
    PWzOwB.jpg
    227wBp.jpg

Just ordered the Famcom one, can't wait to get it now!

Just ordered the Famcom one, can't wait to get it now!

That's got a few issues that have been fixed with the NES version.
    If I were you I'd change to the NES one.

http://gbatemp.net/review/nes30-successor-to-fc30-bluetooth-controller.152/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

That's got a few issues that have been fixed with the NES version.
    If I were you I'd change to the NES one.

http://gbatemp.net/review/nes30-successor-to-fc30-bluetooth-controller.152/

Ah balls really? like what?

• Advertisement

Ah balls really? like what?

Button/dpad quality and general build i think. It's not terrible, but the NES30 is a big upgrade it seems. Check out the review I linked to as they talk about the differences.

I wonder if Deal Xtreme have ripped it off already or if this is the real deal:

http://www.dx.com/p/8bitdo-nes30-bluetooth-wireless-gamepad-game-controller-for-iphone-ipad-grey-black-red-334332

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had an extra copy of OoT 3d so I hit CEX just now.
    Gave me €20 credit so picked up the Sly Cooper HD trilogy, Castlevania lords of shadow with a load of dlc stuff, will report back on whether or not it's been used, Wipeout HD/Fury, I already have it as a download but at €4 the physical copy was irresistible , and ... Aliens Colonial Marines... I know , I know , I expect Retr0 to make a comment about my love of awful fps but I am led to believe that the game has been patched into decency, or at least it won't make you face palm continually !
    For an extra €16 on top of the store credit I'm happy enough, at least until it play Aliens!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I had an extra copy of OoT 3d so I hit CEX just now.
    Gave me €20 credit so picked up the Sly Cooper HD trilogy, Castlevania lords of shadow with a load of dlc stuff, will report back on whether or not it's been used, Wipeout HD/Fury, I already have it as a download but at €4 the physical copy was irresistible , and ... Aliens Colonial Marines... I know , I know , I expect Retr0 to make a comment about my love of awful fps but I am led to believe that the game has been patched into decency, or at least it won't make you face palm continually !
    For an extra €16 on top of the store credit I'm happy enough, at least until it play Aliens!

:eek:

Was that from the Tesco sale? Been looking for that for ages. Would have bought it off you for that price (even if it was only €5 in the sale). :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No, it was in the slot of the 3DS I bought recently, I don't mind unboxed so I traded it in with the box off my actual copy primarily for Sly Raccoon trilogy, as my son loves the recent PS3 title.
    If it was one from Tesco I would sold it here for the price I paid, just as I did with The Last Story and Monkeykube.
    I'm not one of those people, aside from that one time :( Still feeling the guilt!

Anywho,
    the DLC on Lords of Shadow Collection was used so that's going back the next day I'm off, pity, the extras are pretty good, €18 worth of DLC packs and the Mirror of Fate title remastered into HD and on it too.
    The guy on the counter tried to convince me that the content didn't need the DLC code, but it said so on the box, which I pointed out, along with my return for store credit if it was used, which it is :(
    I'm definitely going to buy it regardless, as a sealed new copy this time!
    The extras are worth the €18 it's going for posted online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

This landed today, great price considering it came from Japan. Cost a staggering 7.71 including shipping.
    P1040595_zpsb5f17326.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The SNES version is pretty great. It's greatly expnaded on the original with new levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The SNES version is pretty great. It's greatly expnaded on the original with new levels.

I never played it before on the snes, it does seem to get good reviews though. My snes rgb cable died a couple of weeks ago, just waiting on a replacement at the moment.

OK so it's not really retro but I have just collected something from the parcel motel depot that I've wanted for quite a while.

321210.jpg

I am now a member of the master race.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Bus w@nker? :pac:

Always nice getting PC upgrades.

• Advertisement

The next photo is with the police as it contains a picture of the guy nicking the gets from the bus stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Wipeout on PSP for a quid in CEX this morning. Couldn't really say no.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Bus w@nker? :pac:

Always nice getting PC upgrades.

I could have had them deliver it to my workplace but I wanted to tinker with it over the weekend while I had time.

tumblr_mnn376puAD1qki2ato1_500.gif

I could have had them deliver it to my workplace but I wanted to tinker with it over the weekend while I had time.

Had they no decent motherboards?

:D

Had they no decent motherboards?

:D

On my budget? No. I don't really care about ultra high scores in SiSoft Sandra or whatever, I have a gfx card here that'll do the job I want it to do.

Couldn't really give a crap about anything else.

On my budget? No. I don't really care about ultra high scores in SiSoft Sandra or whatever, I have a gfx card here that'll do the job I want it to do.

Couldn't really give a crap about anything else.

I was only joking dude. Chillax :eek:

Steady on now.
    Look, I've had to break out the bold type and all, FFS!

I was only joking dude. Chillax :eek:

I am chill dude! Was just explaining my though process. I didn't mean that whatever way you read it mate, don't worry! :-)

A promptly returned Lords of Shadow to CEX has returned a copy of Harvest Moon for the Wii and Operation Flashpoint for the PS3.
    I had the latter years ago and really liked it, bought the sequel later and didn't have as much fun, for three euro I couldn't pass up the chance to play the original once again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got this pair of Commodore Plus/4's on Adverts recently. Sold as untested which usually means broken and true to form both were dead.

Decided to focus on the one with the complete keyboard.

First problem was getting power into it, connector was different to the connector used on the C64 even though the voltages are the same. Some early Plus/4 models did use the same 7 Pin DIN as the C64 and the motherboard still has the holes drilled for both types so easy enough job to swap to a C64 connector (I used a DIN 8 because I had no DIN 7 onhand).

So, power sorted and nothing, CPU was stone cold so either getting no power or completed idle. Swapped the CPU from the other unit and booted up with a lot of garbage characters on screen - usually a symptom of bad RAM.
    Took a look at the RAM and its same chip type prone to failure on the Atari 65/130XE line. So desolder the lot and fitted sockets and this makes swapping the RAM a whole lot easier !! Yep, turned out to be 1 bad RAM chip so boots and runs fine now - who's knows what will fail next though as these are renowned for being one of the most unreliable machines every produced by Commodore.

Old & new power connectors

14980922218_f8626ee9ae_c.jpg

Top unit, cleaned and working. Bottom unit, manky and for spares..

14980919408_dc3d3764f3_c.jpg

No idea why I spent so much time on these though when I've a lot more interesting stuff to fix !!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement