Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Scrolling up the page looking at the minty pics, I figured it was another Steve_SI purchase, but not this time. :eek:
    That's gorgeous looking Monkeykube, excellent get!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,704 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just got a serious get:

4hefyq.jpg

Best achievement name ever :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Scrolling up the page looking at the minty pics, I figured it was another Steve_SI purchase, but not this time. :eek:
    That's gorgeous looking Monkeykube, excellent get!

Thanks, it wasn't crazy money either. It worked out at 135 including shipping. Just over the price of two new releases for the Xbox One. It still has the insulation at the end of the rf cable, so it may never have even been used before. It's in even better condition than I thought it was in as it was sold as used. Plenty of completed listings at well over double what I paid for ones in similar condition. Even more for ones listed as new. Best get in a long time, that's the auction link.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/400760675856?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Monkeykube wrote: »
    P1040605_zps3ed60aae.jpg
    P1040599_zps30c65aeb.jpg

Ug7LMs.jpg

Ridiculous packaging!

2RZ6bk.jpg
    UmBtxl.jpg

• Advertisement

And this is what it is.

K0GfCS.jpg
    MDcotT.jpg

VXFSfZ.jpg
    Vi12eV.jpg

It looks like foam but it's actually quite tough plastic thats slightly flexible. It's got the perfect finish on it for me to add my own layer of paint/varnish/dye/clear coat etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Cool !!! Looks classier that a heap of hot glue :)

You design the part yourself ?

Cool !!! Looks classier that a heap of hot glue :)

You design the part yourself ?

Hopefully I can do a nice job on the finish.
    I didn't design the part myself no, just used a well reviewed one. It's called "Super Low Profile TED Shell" if anyone is looking for it.

Edit:
    €26.20 delivered from Shapeways, which is silly money for such a tiny piece of printed plastic. Wish my printer could manage that resolution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,244 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice! Think I'll pick up one of them too. Always bothered me having the PCB exposed.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice! Think I'll pick up one of them too. Always bothered me having the PCB exposed.

I'd recommend to get it in the same colour I did. That way you can finish it yourself.
    They don't do it in black and all the other colours look a bit crap! At least with white you have a good base for working with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Ridiculous packaging!

2RZ6bk.jpg
    UmBtxl.jpg
    That UPC remote, now there's something you should feed to the disobedient dog

That UPC remote, now there's something you should feed to the disobedient dog

Yeah, that UPC horizon box and remote are a heap of poo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Yeah, that UPC horizon box and remote are a heap of poo.

It's the glitchiest banger of a thing, I can't believe they push it so hard knowing its a bag of ****.
    With the remote being that big and resembling a phone so much you'd think they'd have made it into one too and at least had one useful use for it!

I have a harmony 885 universal remote I use with the UPC box and its 10 times better.
    part of the problem is the remote is bluetooth or something.
    The box also has a IR receiver so if you use that its more responsive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

urbanledge wrote: »
    I have a harmony 885 universal remote I use with the UPC box and its 10 times better.
    part of the problem is the remote is bluetooth or something.
    The box also has a IR receiver so if you use that its more responsive.

It's 2.4Ghz RF but it's not bluetooth or wifi but some crappy Samsung propitiatory nonsense.

The original remotes sent out during the beta test were much more responsive but they took them back and replaced them with what we have now for the added keyboard functionality.

If you have a phone with an IR Blaster it works much better too... just select Samsung as the manufacturer and keep trying codes until it works - it will eventually.

The remote is the least of the problem with this thing. The box itself is a sluggish heap of crap with an overly flashy interface. Simplify the interface and the performance would increase quite a bit I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got Some cheapo games from cex yesterday

862F995F-44D2-4C92-AB78-99F9B341C468_zpsolugvuew.jpg

And some more pokemon goodness came through the letterbox this morning

2AF198C8-B629-4288-BC0F-11410371D2C6_zpspf6uatxu.jpg

The remote is the least of the problem with this thing. The box itself is a sluggish heap of crap with an overly flashy interface. Simplify the interface and the performance would increase quite a bit I'd say.

When the OS didn't try to do live channel previews as you scrolled through the EPG during the initial (laughable) beta test it was much more reliable.

I'll never give up my beta Horizon box as *apparently the ones sent out now to people are of a slightly *lower* spec than the ones in the initial beta.

The geniuses at UPC deserve all kinds of medals for the various blunders where Horizon is concerned.

They rushed it to market trying to beat Eircom E-Fibre TV offerings and it's now coming back to bite them in the arse.

*according to a friend that was working in UPC during the initial rollout.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up CoD Ghosts today for the PS4, only 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

http://www.gog.com/movie/the_king_of_arcades

Going to give this a watch later on, seems like could be alright, plus I've seen the guy who made it on a few videos and I'd like to give him some support

• Advertisement

Picked up a minty fresh PS Vita 3G/WiFi model in Argos on the way home this evening(149.99 Euro). Before they disappear and all you can get is the new one with the worse screen I decided to pick up the older model and store it away for whenever I need it. I already have the same one, but thats how my brain rolls :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I picked up CoD Ghosts today for the PS4, only 20.

Why? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Picked up a minty fresh PS Vita 3G/WiFi model in Argos on the way home this evening(149.99 Euro). Before they disappear and all you can get is the new one with the worse screen I decided to pick up the older model and store it away for whenever I need it. I already have the same one, but thats how my brain rolls :o

Dont tempt me D:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why? :pac:

All I can say is it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    Lots things do
    Nipple piercings
    Joining Scientology
    Invading Poland

The important thing is no one gets hurt

Actually though it's almost worth it for the zero g segment alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

MrVestek wrote: »
    If you have a phone with an IR Blaster it works much better too... just select Samsung as the manufacturer and keep trying codes until it works - it will eventually.

I use my watch. Great for switching over to the match I want to watch in the pub as it controls Sky boxes. :D

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I use my watch. Great for switching over to the match I want to watch in the pub as it controls Sky boxes. :D

I used to do that with my Samsung Galaxy S4. That or turn off the TVs and watch the bar staff get all confused.

All it looks like I'm doing is checking my Facebook or whatever. Ahh... I miss that phone purely for teh lulz.

We used to do that back in the day with the Casio remote control watch, ah the laughs we had....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    We used to do that back in the day with the Casio remote control watch, ah the laughs we had....

One of my neighbour had one of those years ago... kept turning off our TV through the Window the fecker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,244 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

New get. First thing I've bought from the US on ebay in a very long time.

soulcalibur_zpsadae5403.jpg

Normally I don't buy from there as I hate the idea of the forced ebay import tax, but this was a really nice price and I've been meaning to get it for a while.

Small PCB too that'll easily fit in the 6 in 1 multi slot thingy. (will need to have button 4 wired over to the jamma edge from the kick like with Soul Edge)

Soulcaliburpcb_zps799877cf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Very nice get dude. Your photos or ebays?

Think those Namco games don't emulate 100% in mame either so defo worthwhile getting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement