Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    I'm stunned, I picked up 7 PS1 games for €10 in the charity shop I used to work in and Dragon Quest The Chapters of the Chosen for €5 in Gamestop.
    It's like a welcome home present from the God of second hand shops.

Magical mystery mall is coming to the next beers :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Magical mystery mall is coming to the next beers :P

Perfect for Halloween!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Sera wrote: »
    I'm stunned, I picked up 7 PS1 games for €10 in the charity shop I used to work in and Dragon Quest The Chapters of the Chosen for €5 in Gamestop.
    It's like a welcome home present from the God of second hand shops.

Incredible Crisis.

What a game. Great taste there lass. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Awesome SKA soundtrack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seems my customs issue was with a playasia package and not an ebay order.

322554.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Awesome SKA soundtrack.

The ferris wheel stage is a but 'urgent' though eh? ;)

Had to turn the volume down as yer wan might have thought I was pulling the stomach out of myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So this arrived finally this morning! Thanks for telling me about the other controller a few weeks back. It was no problem to change my order.

Can't wait to give it a go tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So this arrived finally this morning! Thanks for telling me about the other controller a few weeks back. It was no problem to change my order.

Can't wait to give it a go tonight.

That was fairly fast shipping? (Or has time flown by that quick!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Actually yeah it was very fast. They forgot about my order though. They have a new system for taking orders at the moment.

Had a quick look at it this morning, feels nice! love the keyring too :)

Next up to get is a RETRON 5, am I right in the thinking that it will be released in Oct? Anyone ordered one yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,244 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Mine arrived in the post today too. Apparently it's been opened by customs :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Actually yeah it was very fast. They forgot about my order though. They have a new system for taking orders at the moment.

Had a quick look at it this morning, feels nice! love the keyring too :)

Next up to get is a RETRON 5, am I right in the thinking that it will be released in Oct? Anyone ordered one yet?

Had mine a few months and it's really great. Most of the initial problems were sorted in the recent firmware updates. It really makes things so much easier to have a quick game without changing connection etc.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Mine arrived in the post today too. Apparently it's been opened by customs :eek:

What if one of the regulars on here (or a long time lurker) works in customs! Having a good ole nosey at all the goodies coming in. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Got my C64 Kickstarter book , whoop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

eddhorse wrote: »
    Got my C64 Kickstarter book , whoop.

Looks very nice, I regret not getting it now

But when the Sega book arrives I'll be happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Looks very nice, I regret not getting it now

But when the Sega book arrives I'll be happy

Then I'll have C64 and Sega and Amiga and the Ocean book

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

N+ finally arrived this morning.
    Had a blast of it, it's minimal but addictive.
    A US only DS release but available everywhere as a flash game
    link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

eddhorse wrote: »
    Then I'll have C64 and Sega and Amiga and the Ocean book

Speaking of which, who just got that update email?

Sega book ships 24th October!

Speaking of which, who just got that update email?

Sega book ships 24th October!

The same day Bayonetta 2 is out. Nice.

Master of the Universe

The box presentation on the NES30 is really nice. Shame I can't say the same about the book!

Don't get me wrong, the content is excellent, it's definitely worth buying and I can't wait to get stuck in, it's just the finish on the book itself feels quiet cheap. The paper stock, covering and printing layout itself. More like a school/college book. Maybe that's the look they were going for..!

nespad_zpsead329f0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just a heads up o1s1n, your name, address & ph number were on display in that first pic

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Jaysus! :eek: I didn't see that at all, what a numpty thing to do - cheers dude!

Master of the Universe

Been using the Nes30 all afternoon with my laptop - its lovely! Feels really similar to a real Nes pad. Definitely worth picking up before the inevitable Nintendo C&D letters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got my new phone.
    It's as mad as cheese wellingtons.
    OS is bizarre, no app tray, everything on the home screens, like IOS or MIUI.
    Might try something else.
    Changed the runtime from Darvik to Art and nothing wanted to work before switching back.
    More experiments required!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Bit the bullet and went for the xbox in the end. I figured it was the cheapest option to avail of next gen gaming at the moment. Not that there's much to avail of at the moment mind.... Booted it over to cex but they stop taking trade ins close to closing time so I'll trade the destinies in tomorrow. Might give it a quick blast tonight though. Forza 5 will tide me over until the end of the month when forza horizon 2 comes out.

1A592A1B-4BB2-450D-9166-8514441F5731_zps0jnm8jav.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Just managed to snap up a ps1 and ps2 all inc cables(no games) for 30 euro

1A592A1B-4BB2-450D-9166-8514441F5731_zps0jnm8jav.jpg
    There's something very Steve about this photo....

Master of the Universe

Well this should go nicely with that FreeMCBoot memory card :)

PS2HD_zpsda9b662f.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Have to do that myself, what type of hdd is needed for this? Is it just the fmcb card, network adapter and drive that's needed or is there more involved.

Master of the Universe

I haven't read into it too much, but I think you can just boot using Fmcb and it loads up the HDD for you.

I think you can then just FTP games over with a network cable?

Hmmm, on investigation it looks like the best way to transfer games is via an IDE enclosure. That's a bit annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

You can connect the HD to a PC and use an application called Win-Hip to copy the games over. Handy if the laser on your PS2 is a bit tired and refuses to read anymore.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement