Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I don't think I hate Beyond 2 Souls as much, because if I hadn't it to trade it I couldn't have finally got Tomodatchi Life for cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Yeah but 2 and 3 are a bit crap as well :P

MK1 is actually a better game on the SNES. The megadrive is a poor conversion and plays very different from the arcade. The SNES plays much closer. However since the arcade game is one of the worst fighting games ever made with only the blood to save it then the megadrive version is the only one that retains that 'novelty'.

Yeah the snes one looks and sounds better but has no blood and watered down fatalities, I remember being a smug MD owner at the time :pac: MK2 is really good on the SNES too, nicer graphics and colours much closer to the arcade. MK was fun to bash around on but is as deep as a puddle combat wise, you could finish the game using the same jump kick/sweep/uppercut combo on nearly everyone and the collision detection is godawful.

It's hilarious to think back how controversial MK1 was at the time, The Sun running articles about how all kids were going to wind up ripping their friend's hearts out and having epileptic seizures at the same time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't play Mortal Kombat without seeing Pit fighter and that was such a lousy game.
    The non logical special move requirements were just daft, no where near as smooth as SF2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh no, not pit fighter! Probably the worst fighting game ever made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Star Lord wrote: »
    Oh no, not pit fighter! Probably the worst fighting game ever made.

It was so..so bad. I remember CVG gave it a great review so when I spotted one in an arcade I made a beeline for it, it was bloody terrible. The characters all walked like they shat their pants and the punch sound effects were like someone being boxed in the face with a fish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The arcade game was as bad.
    Utter pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,238 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The arcade game was as bad.
    Utter pants.

Seems like the type of game you'd like, no? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I liked Pit Fighter because it was so crap. I recall in the arcades back home Pit Fighter being very popular fir a while. It was really between that and Primal Rage. Then Killer Instinct came along and that was the next big thing and Pit Fighter was long forgotten.

I thought it was great. Always remember seeing it in Commodore Format and playing the demo on the Power Pak cover tape. Could never afford the full game though. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I played the crap out of primal rage. Utter crap in retrospect but a giant monkey that farted and used acid piss in a fatality was the height of comedy to my adolescent mind.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Seems like the type of game you'd like, no? :pac:

Kick
    In
    H0le
    Incoming!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Kick
    In
    H0le
    Incoming!

No doubt in a Streets of Rage style

No doubt in a Streets of Rage style

What, with about 2 frames of animation?
    What a piece of crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What, with about 2 frames of animation?
    What a piece of crap.

I kinda gave up on this half way through making it but feck it. Here it is anyway.

323089.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

MrVestek wrote: »
    I kinda gave up on this half way through making it but feck it. Here it is anyway.

323089.png

Nice attempt but you got the face all wrong!

Lets be kind to him and use a photo from his youth. The science museum kindly lent me this one...

XM10060186.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,238 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

323089.png

Looks like Adam is about to do something unspeakable with his fist :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/19336/323089.png

Why bother, when he's already on the box art for Streets of Rage 3???

:pac:

*legs it as fast as my little legs can carry me*

Star Lord wrote: »
    Why bother, when he's already on the box art for Streets of Rage 3???

:pac:

*legs it as fast as my little legs can carry me*

HAH! :D

crying-gifs-10112013-09.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Speaking of oldies but goodies. I got Megaman Legends today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Speaking of oldies but goodies. I got Megaman Legends today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Got a load of gba games and two gba handhelds from a charity shop today, its actually scary how good the bootlegging is, i'm not sure for most of them to look at if they're legit or not, apart from the ones with nintondo printed on the back of the cart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got Metal Slug 6 and King Of Fighters Neowave for my Naomi :)
    STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I liked Pit Fighter because it was so crap. I recall in the arcades back home Pit Fighter being very popular fir a while. It was really between that and Primal Rage. Then Killer Instinct came along and that was the next big thing and Pit Fighter was long forgotten.
    I thought it was great. Always remember seeing it in Commodore Format and playing the demo on the Power Pak cover tape. Could never afford the full game though. :(

That reminds me, I also got a Pit Fighter arcade PCB an good-while back. Gathering dust, must flog it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Got Metal Slug 6 and King Of Fighters Neowave for my Naomi :)

Presume you're netbooting or similar with darksoft files?

Its been over a week since I picked anything new.
    Starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

Must take a trip to CEX to get my fix!

Its been over a week since I picked anything new.
    Starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

Must take a trip to CEX to get my fix!

I on the other hand need to stop.

Remember I said I was done for a while buying expensive rare games... I lied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I said I was done for a while buying expensive rare games... I lied.

slippery.png

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to seeing what you got this time.

The last thing I got might be a clue to one of them. Got it for a bargain yet still paid through the nose for it. It's also one of the rare occasions where the PAL version is significantly cheaper than the US one although who wants a smelly PAL version?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Everything seems to be getting more expensive, PAL stuff especially. I don't know how accurate this graph actually is but it feels about right.
    I know it's probably based on U.S. releases, but the SFC titles are rising rapidly too.
    http://videogames.pricecharting.com/console/super-nintendo?sort-by=name

Picked up an audiophile PS1 from Parcel Motel today.

Now to find an Action Replay. For erm... import reasons. Yeah. Playing imports. That's it.

I'll post pics of it up later. Now to sell my PSOne...

• Advertisement

Sadly, went into CEX and saw..... nothing :(

Walked out with COD4:MW, MW2 and MW3 for €19 :(

I just want to say to everyone how sorry I am and if you think I should tender my resignation as a mod of this forum I will :(

On a brighter note, I avoided buying Knack for the PS4...... but then it's probably going to be free in this Octobers PS+, so, I'm still doomed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement