Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,238 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Walked out with COD4:MW, MW2 and MW3 for €19 :(

There are so many better things you could have spent that €19 on :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    There are so many better things you could have spent that €19 on :eek:

Like 190 'ten-penny-bags'! If they even do them anymore. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I had some fun with CoD4 and Modern Warfare 2. Even played them competitively for a while (though not thousand dollar tournament level competitively unfortunately). Got completely burned out on them about 4 months in to MW3 though.

The campaigns are a little short, but still rather enjoyable. The spec ops missions in MW2 make up for it too. I only got around to playing the MW and MW2 campaigns because UPC were taking their sweet time setting up the broadband when we moved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I just want to say to everyone how sorry I am and if you think I should tender my resignation as a mod of this forum I will :(

Do you think you're going to get away that easy?

burn-at-stake.jpg

Voting for new mod starts Monday, your time is up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,702 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Miniature American flags for some...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I suppose ciderman went and pre ordered FIFA 15 while he was at it and all. Disgraceful carry on so it is Joe.

Got this today. Nothing interesting but y'know, whatever.

99CCB20E-9187-4753-9877-C578D6CC876B_zpsdrskvkl3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

First a 3DO love-in, then €19 worth of crap. Feck sake, what have you done to yourself man!? :(

Picture the scene in the gaf tonight. Alone in a dark room with just a record player, a 3DO, €19 worth of crap and a can of Lilt.

He puts the needle on the vinyl and the music plays on through the night... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No Lilt Herr, its Lidl Diet Cola all the way!

And it was more a purchase for completists sake, I played them and finished them the first time around.
    COD2 on my launch 360 is still my favourite.

But there was nothing in the DS or PS2 dept that interested at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

'Each to their own' must only apply to some things :D But yeah, Cidey, it's getting harder to defend your purchases man! :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know, I know :(

Atari Super Pong doesn't earn some leeway, no?

Don't make me go and live on the PlayStation forum, its full of weirdos and fanboys :(
    And the Xbox forum is as bad!

Please, I promise to keep my crap game habit a secret and continue it in the shadows, only announcing new purchases when they are suitable.
    Please
    Can I stay?
    Please?

• Advertisement

I think to earn some credentials back round here, you're gonna need to do a full play through of SoR2 for us. Start to finish, no cheats, just an old school gamer & a brawler.

Myrddin wrote: »
    I think to earn some credentials back round here, you're gonna need to do a full play through of SoR2 for us. Start to finish, no cheats, just an old school gamer & a brawler.

I'll get my coat so :(

Can I play Galaga instead?
    Or Graidus Gaiden?

I'll get my coat so :(

Ah come on, two or three hours & you'll be done. You know you want to...

How about a play through of Batman Returns then?
    Would that save my high paying, esteemed position here at A&R Towers??

SoR 2. Start to finish, at a time of your choosing :D

I think he should play Plumbers Don't Wear Ties on his 3DO in his dark room surrounded by €19 worth of crap, a can of Lilt and a Simon & Garfunkel LP.

Think of it as Monty Brewster's great grandfather being locked in a cupboard and forced to smoke a packet of cigars.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I think he should play Plumbers Don't Wear Ties on his 3DO in his dark room surrounded by €19 worth of crap, a can of Lilt and a Simon & Garfunkel LP.

Think of it as Monty Brewster's great grandfather being locked in a cupboard and forced to smoke a packet of cigars.

You can "play" plumbers dont wear ties? :D

You can "play" plumbers dont wear ties? :D

What you grinnin' at? You were in it! :pac: :D

How'd ya spot me??

1301643913-00.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Two megaman games. Tron Bonne cost about 140 euros which was extremely cheap. Won in an auction from Australia and probably only got it so cheap because the only sniper was a cheap wad that upped the bid by a euro.

323329.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice get, they have really gone up in price the last while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The price for NTSC Tron Bonne is just insane, you can get earthbound with change to spare for what it normally goes for. The legends games got largely ignored on release, Legends was basically a OoT clone that came out 6 months before zelda so nobody knew what to think of it and Legends 2 and Tron Bonne are better than any zelda game but were ignored due to the PS2 release. Irs only now that people are talking about how good they are and Tron Bonne has picked up a following because of marvel vs Capcom 2. I never picked up these games because the Press at the time dismissed them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I know, I know :(

Atari Super Pong doesn't earn some leeway, no?

Don't make me go and live on the PlayStation forum, its full of weirdos and fanboys :(
    And the Xbox forum is as bad!

Please, I promise to keep my crap game habit a secret and continue it in the shadows, only announcing new purchases when they are suitable.
    Please
    Can I stay?
    Please?

you could always redeem yourself by puling a few strings to get the Sega forum re-opened.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Two megaman games. Tron Bonne cost about 140 euros which was extremely cheap. Won in an auction from Australia and probably only got it so cheap because the only sniper was a cheap wad that upped the bid by a euro.

Delighted you got Tron Bonne, you were chasing that one for a while. I remember not to long ago you were saying that you were outbid on a auction for the same. It's great to get a game you're really after, and it probably cost you far less than original one you missed out on.

STG.Otaku wrote: »

What's the matter?
    Didn't you know your grandaddy was a honky?

Yeah it was doing my head it but ended up getting it for well below what I was willing to spend in the end :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I thought I had posted this already:

10491079_10205153213932749_2313639002643336429_n.jpg?oh=6a024ce83795f80f533bb4feb6563257&oe=54C33A06&__gda__=1422130771_d74953f008a282d49a9a86a634e18f5a

There she is in all her glory. My original PS1 was actually the first revision after this with serial port but without proper RCA out.

Gave it away years ago. I was too generous with consoles back then.

So... what's the going rate for a PSOne with matching controllers these days?

MrVestek wrote: »
    So... what's the going rate for a PSOne with matching controllers these days?

No idea really, not much I'd imagine. Nice get! above, the only thing with first model PS1's is the the laser mech, & not just the diode, but the plastic actually wearing out on the mech I believe.

I picked up a later model original Playstaion last week myself, got it from ebay through pm. Worked out at under 25 with delivery,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive two at home i cant give away! Dunno what model they are though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement