Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »
    Ive two at home i cant give away! Dunno what model they are though.

Link cable! :D

I was organizing my controllers a couple of weeks ago to make them a bit easier to access and it turns out I've about 20 or so Playstation controllers. How that happened I do not know.

No idea what to do with them all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

ah i had to clean out the "games room" upstairs so trying to get rid of loads of stuff, we had the new kid 3 weeks ago and its going to be her room eventually. Killing me that i have to pack up all my stuff and paint the room pink!

Attic conversion is definitely on the cards soon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The one I got was a Jap 60 hz one, a lad had it on AO, didn't shift on there so he moved it onto Ebay. It came with some bizzare looking game and one controller. This is the game, haven't got a clue what's going on, some type of board/mini game.:confused:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BAKURETSU-AKINDO-Playstation-Import-JAPAN-Video-Game-p1-/300864653731?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item460cee49a3

The bottom picture is the map from the game, think it may be sitting in the backlog for a while though.

P1040678_zps1ec16126.jpgP1040681_zpsd79f0861.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I had a chipped PS1 when I was a kid, but that crapped out before I got the PS2. My cousin was clearing out his stuff a few months ago and gave me a boxed one. No cables and controllers unfortunately, but it works with the PS2 stuff anyway and I'm fairly certain he got his chipped the same time I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

I got a chipped ps1 only a week ago. I had one before but the laser was dodgy on it. Tried replacing laser with one from another ps1 but couldn't get it running smoothly.
    Can finally play my ntsc games now. The ps1 is also nice and quiet when compared with the fat ps2!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

keithgeo wrote: »
    ah i had to clean out the "games room" upstairs so trying to get rid of loads of stuff, we had the new kid 3 weeks ago and its going to be her room eventually. Killing me that i have to pack up all my stuff and paint the room pink!

Attic conversion is definitely on the cards soon..

Congratulations!
    Fantastic news!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In an effort to redeem myself I ventured into CEX again.
    This time I picked up the following
    Never Dead
    Shadows of the Damned
    Yakuza Dead Souls
    and...
    Resistance 2 (I'm sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Congratulations Keith!!!
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    In an effort to redeem myself...
    Resistance 2 (I'm sorry)

Time to don the cone of shame.

tumblr_lzb51fDcnM1r9fbjro1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Also sending my congratulations Keith and Ladykeithgeo!
    I never had a pink room or had to paint a room pink lol but the attic conversion might work out having more space?

I wonder what will happen to this community as peeps get older, start catching up with me!
    Will folk drift away I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Sera wrote: »
    Also sending my congratulations Keith and Ladykeithgeo!
    I never had a pink room or had to paint a room pink lol but the attic conversion work out having more space?

Thanks a lot, Yeh my attic is huge so it will be a great sized room when I get it done. Hoping to get it done sooner rather than later I've far too much stuff and not enough room to store it.
    I wonder what will happen to this community as peeps get older, start catching up with me!

I'm already planning a pink "sugar rush" cab for the baby.. No fear of me drifting away anyways . Just need the attic converted now and I'll be back on track. Plus I'm pretty old already haha this is my third (and final) kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's interesting how long most of the regulars still post away in here. Out of all the forums I've been interested in over the years, it definitely has had the longest running community I think.

I think it's down to the charming nature of one of the moderators, and his adorable love of games that suck like a Dyson.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I think it's down to the charming nature of one of the moderators, and his adorable love of games that suck like a Dyson.....

Logie seems like a sound chap alright. :pac:

Even if folks do move on there'll always be fresh blood I would imagine, circle of life and all that.

Wouldn't imagine it, even though most of ye are on my FB, it's just not the same as posting here.

Perhaps all our Player 2's will be posting here in time..
    Via Oculus Rift-O-Vision!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Another package from our friendly Kazakhstani PCB tinkerer arrived at my desk this morning.
    A second 3DO FZ1 USB host controller. Well it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t have two of them :0)

FAdcFH.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've really been wanting to play this even though it's supposedly very mediocre. The 360 version is also more more expensive for whatever reason.

E5EE45C7-1DCD-45A3-8C1E-3B5DC7C77A2F_zps5nbkmffl.jpg

Is there a minigame in there involving the ape getting to fling poo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

So received some nice stuff in the post this morning. :)

Spectrum needs a keyboard fix but is fine after that but it's time for some VR Racing for now. :)

• Advertisement

I finally got my Mackenzie from Touch Detective nendoroid, she's mega cute and came with lots of extra pieces.
    I'll give her and Fungi/Nameko offerings until TD3 Does Funghi Dream Of Bananas? comes out in the west.

So, I'm all Wolfenstein'd up now, have it for the PS4.
    Part of me wants to play Wolfenstein 3D again though, I think I have the SNES version somewhere...

Just a thought, wouldn't a double pack of Wolfenstein and Doom/2/Final be cool on the 3DS?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Without mouse controls? Feck that. You can already get that from steam!

BTW the new wolfenstein is surprisingly great. Wish Wolf 2009 was still on steam, I want to try it out but got removed since Id went to Bethesda :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Haven't played the new one, but thought the 2009 one sounded awful, despite some relatively interesting ideas in its development.

2001s Return to Castle Wolfenstein was great though.

The 09 game is pretty decent.
    The hub concept is interesting and the game is plenty of fun, I know I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    Its a damn sight better than the previous title I played on the Xbox.
    Though that game, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, is supposed to be far far better on the PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,885 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I still play return to castle wolfenstein multiplayer the odd time with the brother. It's still a lot of fun and obviously you can run it at max settings on a modern computer :)
    There's a registry edit to get it to run at high screen resolutions.

Local multiplayer also works over the internet using Hamachi without issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really liked Return to Castle Wolfenstein on the PC up until the point when the mecha Nazis arrived. They were just unfair and you had to cheese your way through the game from then on.

A few bits arrived over the last few weeks and Hyrule Warriors turned up from Game, it's different to say the least. A bald man shall have a warm neck this winter, that's all I know.
    P1040717_zpsde551de5.jpg

How much did Cave Story set you back?
    I think it's going to be one of the rare and expensive ones tbh

• Advertisement

How much did Cave Story set you back?
    I think it's going to be one of the rare and expensive ones tbh

It cost about 50 with delivery, a bit more than I liked but it's a UK copy, I would agree with you that it may be harder to find in the future, I don't think it had great sales figures when it released if I remember correctly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement