Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A low print run and not going to be repeated, though it might pop up on the eshop.
    The mad this is, it's free on the PC and a free version was made for the PSP, any PSP, doesn't have to have CFW to run, just drag it onto the memory stick and off you go.
    Of course, you're missing out on the enhanced visuals of the 3DS port but...

Anyhow, I paid less 2 years or so ago for mine, it's worth trawling Amazon every now and again, sometimes non game sellers shift on games that are rare for pretty random prices, and this means bargains!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I must look more on Amazon, probably like anything else if you're there at the right time you can get a good deal. I normally try not to spend more than I have to as a rule.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up a number of bits from Amazon sellers in the Channel Islands, I think the tax system has been buggered it all up a bit though.
    They have changed the rules on there in terms of charges they make for items below a certain value and sellers were able to turn an easy profit.
    Any who, still worth checking out Amazon for such deals.
    Xenoblade for the Wii, Cave Story 3d to name two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

getting the rest soon.... ;)
    10462647_305176373003065_3592435332572743655_n.jpg?oh=bf9b83a2b1f2f9fc7d02ee8677775fc5&oe=54C45552&__gda__=1422092132_9cd1a21b07c5cf29d65ba7ae03a540fb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Working on a few designs and prototyping, there is a full vinyl print facility in the room next to this. I'm in a happy place right now.

324024.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

New gets after returning home

imagejpg2.jpg

imagejpg1.jpg

The trilogy is complete... Maybe someday we'll see the conclusion :(

imagejpg3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Dat upholstery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Got Trauma Center 1 for the Wii, & got Project Sylpheed for the 360 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I suggest you get a

Second Opinion :rolleyes:

Have it :D Just the third game in the series to get now wii-wise

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Trauma Team is US only.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Trauma Team is US only.

Prob saved me hours of searching b&m there Retr0, cheers. I@ll import it at some stage so :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got some pcbs recently thought id post up, they where all sold as not working. Got this supergun off Oisin to test them out on my TV.

20140928_114619.jpg

Blood brothers, no graphics or sound when i got it, cleaned the jamma edge and have graphics now.. still no sound yet. have a few things to try out.

20140914_150342.jpg

Got an untested Final Fight B and C board. when it arrived the C board was final fight but the B was some sort of bootleg. it also didnt work at all. cleaned all the chips and reseated, cleaned the edge connect nothing. then i realised two of the chips where in the wrong sockets. swapped them around and it was SF2 CE.

20140928_154232.jpg

Contacted the seller and he sent me another B and C final fight, got it today. definitely original this time and it works perfect.

20141004_225001.jpg

20141004_224856.jpg

Needed an A board because i was using the one out of my SF2 Cab to test Final fight. so got Carrier Air wing faulty A,B and C boards. havent managed to fix this one yet but at least ive an A board for Final fight now.

20141002_221222.jpg

also got Konami Ajax /Typhoon, Konami Chequered Flag and Sega Choplifter all non workers\untested. havent looked at these yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lovely haul Keith, nice to see some pcb gets. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Great stuff Keith.

I headed up to the Balbriggan market for the 1st time in ages.
    Normally its a bit hit and miss and this morning was no different.
    They had little retro there, a GBA SP with a few games for a tenner and a madman selling an N64, rf cable power supply and controller included for the knock down price of 50!

There were also assorted Xbox consoles in various poor states but not one PS2 or anything earlier.
    No SNES or MD, nothing.

But I didn't leave empty handed.

For the PS2 I picked up
    Alpine Racer 3, Resi Evil Dead Aim, Worms 4 Mayhem and Dancing Stage Supernova, the latter two I haven't seen in a long time.

For the Wii I picked up
    Battalion Wars 2 and Another Code R.

The whole lot was only €7, which made the trip well worth while.

But the gradual disappearance of earlier consoles and games seems to be complete, where there was once 8 and 16 bit games and machines there is now tons of PS3 games and laser burned 360 discs.

I'm sorry
    I just bought a PS Move navigation controller in Tesco for €3 :(
    I couldn't help it :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The closest I've come to any retro gets this weekend is some custom game artwork. :o

Link from the latest 3DS game:

TzgtPO7.jpg

And two bosses from Megaman (clearly :pac:):

keAPvRc.jpg

/Edit: Actually I did get some of those AO tokens in the post (cheers for the link Techno). Ever so slightly different in weight to a 100 Yen coin so they work about 95% of the time. Still handy to have though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got an Akihiko Sanada figure from Persona 3! The Tartarus background with it is so cool!

Sorry for the double post, this one has photos,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Almost forgot to pick this up.

11B57D0B-260F-459E-BFE7-757FF6686892_zpsdb0kydxm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Got a cool bit of speccy kit today that I have wanted to get for a while. A DivMMC Card.

Mass Storage and instant loading running on my +2 - Boy I wish we had this back in the Day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

No gaming pickups this weekend but I did manage to chat up and flirt with two lovely ladies at the weekend (and no, I'm not kidding, they saw the funny side).

This lady has agreed to become my future wife:

BzZ802HCUAADtFl.jpg

This lady has agreed to become my Imzadi on the side as she knows my heart has been promised to Jeri.

BzZ9-R4CAAApCrk.jpg

Both lovely women in person, they really are.

I see the Riker beard worked its magic.
    I don't know though, what's Dax going to say when she finds out?
    Also, you might want to hide your Orion slave girl before they come over for some Romulan ale...

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I see the Riker beard worked its magic.
    I don't know though, what's Dax going to say when she finds out?
    Also, you might want to hide your Orion slave girl before they come over for some Romulan ale...

Which one?

1452472_10205244450733612_8032702281230342281_n.jpg?oh=3e12ca93075141fc4a885badfaa67096&oe=54AD757F

10660375_10205224972686673_5634542899747359295_n.jpg?oh=de77d1c59bdbf74e79d018f035581495&oe=54CA33C0&__gda__=1420608319_cf655444845d136d3ca267a51b4794f8

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Where was that thing on? would love to go to one of them.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Where was that thing on? would love to go to one of them.

London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Just got this in the post from Japan.
    Good bit of yellowing but for €40 including post I won't complain
    I'm going to AV mod it as soon as I'm done with my next cover

photo.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Decided to pick up a HV probe for discharging monitors. I know you can make a simple enough tool with a screwdriver and some chord, but 'ain't nobody got time fo' dat' :pac: - plus I'm interested in seeing if it registers any voltage.

Registers up to 40,000 volts so should do the trick!

PROBE_zps6057ea00.jpg

^ bye :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I think 'killed by an arcade machine' would be a fairly interesting inscription to have on a tomb stone :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement