Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

LongZ wrote: »
    is that controler for the original famicom or the NES ?

Are you asking me?

If so then the answer is neither.
    It's a Taito plug'n play with ten games on board, principally Space Invaders, Qix and Bubble Bobble.
    Unfortunately the games have some dodgy sound here and there, like the music in Bubble Bobble is a bit off.
    I'm wondering if it can be hacked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Might be possible to squeeze a raspberry pi in there with a bit of work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I meant the arkanoid controler

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I meant the arkanoid controler

More sense...
    Famicom afaik
    Very cool and now I want one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably never be able to live the dream and buy a Time Crisis cabinet.

So I just bought these :D

TC1_zpsca82663a.jpg

TC2_zpsd6782dfd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

What on earth are you going to do with those relics ? :)

latest addition to my MSX collection : some penguin love...
    %24_1.JPG
    Played this for hours and hours when I was a kid.

Also swapped an old guitar I never used for a boxed, chip-modded xbox with about 10 games. Going to convert this into a mame box this weekend ... and build a cabinet around it.

Master of the Universe

What on earth are you going to do with those relics ? :)

Put them on a shelf and cry as to what could have been :D

Isn't it obvious, he's going to wire it into his existing cab and get some Time Crisis in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I mainly do oils and acrylics, although I have been known to do posters from time to time. It hard competing against a lot of frames coming in from China though, mine are all hand crafted with love and care. I have this one hanging on the kitchen wall.

P1040728_zps3ddcb6eb.jpg

I apologise if this is off topic mate but what are your rates?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Isn't it obvious, he's going to wire it into his existing cab and get some Time Crisis in

Heh, he meant that in jest, he's already been roped into this project... :D

At the moment I'm trying to gather parts to do this.

Perhaps down the line when The Last Bandit's Jammacon is ready, I'll be able to whip the PS2 into a cab and use it in conjunction with the real Namco gun and pedal.

For now though the aim is just to get them working with the PS2. As much as I love the ports, it's just not the same without a pink gun going CLACK CLACK CLACK

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ive a blue one, cant beat that recoil!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Ive a new in box universal ps2 guncon if its any use to you, something along the lines of this
    PS2%20WIRELESS%20__65288;RF__65289;GUN700.jpg

Master of the Universe

On a bit of a lightgun buzz at the moment, just bought this too.

It's a bit of a silly, over the top peripheral but I'm quite interested in seeing how it handles the whole scope aspect of Silent Scope.

silentscope_zps3d595f0c.jpg

Master of the Universe

When did the price of Chrono Trigger DS go up so much? Last time I looked (which was a while ago, I'll admit!) a PAL copy was about 20. Now you're talking double or more.

Wanted to get a copy for my sister for Christmas and got some shock when I saw the price increase.

Thankfully the US version can be had for about half the price. Just got two :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371171649453?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Pokewalker inbound from Portugal of all places. Means that the free boxed copy of Soul Silver a nice lady packed in with Steel Battalion is now complete, with outer box and all.
    Handy!
    If only I liked da PokemonZ!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

o1s1n wrote: »
    When did the price of Chrono Trigger DS go up so much?

Thankfully the US version can be had for about half the price. Just got two :)

You're part of the problem :p

Master of the Universe

You're part of the problem :p

:D

Don't worry, one is for me, one is for my sister, I'm not doing a Steve_SI :pac:

Found this in the charity shop right beside my work for €2 ... just had to get it. Good game
    photo(4).JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked that up a while back in CeX myself for good money, have yet to play it though! :o

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Found this in the charity shop right beside my work for €2 ... just had to get it. Good game

It's far from a good game. It's a fecking amazing game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's far from a good game. It's a fecking amazing game.

It is, and even then Coast 2 Coast is better, one of my favourite all time games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Have that on "backup" myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Outrun 2 is great fun alright!

Took a trip to santry to get road rage 3 and picked up a few other bits while I was there.

F1B78230-1B46-4281-8685-37A5B22CE941_zpscxcpxbrq.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Finally got Fighting Angels then? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I thought Atavan already had it, could be thinking of you though lol

Yep. Spotted it there and I just knew I had to have it.

I must pick up Road Race 3 myself.
    Did any of the Battle Gear games get a euro release?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I must pick up Road Race 3 myself.
    Did any of the Battle Gear games get a euro release?

Yep, only one of them got released as Tokyo road race over here. I think it's battle gear 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement