Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll have to import Battle Gear 3, the youtube videos look superb, quite a step up from the second one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I forgot to post these up, big thankies to Retr0
    ヾ(*´∀`*)ノ

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only reason you got them was because I was stupid and forgot I had ordered them already from playasia :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The only reason you got them was because I was stupid and forgot I had ordered them already from playasia :)
    Shuuuush! That doesn't matter if its doubles, you could have swapped em on the marketplace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Retr0gamer wrote: »

And they say romance is dead...

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    And they say romance is dead...
    I think he took the notes we found in Bug Island too seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    I think he took the notes we found in Bug Island too seriously

So you're becoming an Amazonian lizard woman? Watch out for sand bags.

So you're becoming an Amazonian lizard woman? Watch out for sand bags.
    lizardqueen.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forgot I had ordered Rhapsody, probably because I ordered while drunk last Thursday. The other game is Magic Adventure. Sera bought it for me and its a neat little platformer that seems like a lot of fun.

sM7LJwJl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I have the MD version, although a quick googling and they seem to be different though.

• Advertisement

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    I have the MD version, although a quick googling and they seem to be different though.

MD version is by Game Freak afaik but I dunno about the SNES version, it's kinda forgotten about, usually the MD version shows up in searches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Does this count as A&R? :D Picking it up this evening. Have wanted one for a while. Nice bit of jelly bean dispensing between levels in Ibara :pac:

sweetsvending_zps9db3ef9c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ha, class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Always wanted one of those!

Master of the Universe

I really haven't a clue what to put in it. Might get a load of apple drops, feckin' love them so I do :D

Or could go mental and fill it with capsule toys. Really live the Shenmue dream.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I have one of those too, bought it off a guy on adverts, only problem is it only takes 2 euro coins! ive been trying to figure out how to get it to take 20cents for ages, might end up trying to fix the coin slot with suguru. no idea what to put in it myself.

Master of the Universe

2 euro? I wonder were there toys in it? That's a pretty crazy price if it was sweets.

The one I'm picking up is currently set up for 1 euro coins. Cheap enough to use, but expensive enough to avoid type 2 diabetes :D

It was brand new, it came with 3 coin mech disks that where supposedly 2 euro, 1 euro and 50 cent. the guy had 40 of them. when it arrived and i tested it out, it looks like they where actually 2 euro, 1 pound and 50 pence. I contacted the guy and they where all like that, he didn't realize when he bought them i think. id say i could put some suguru on one of the discs though to take a 20 cent coin, i just haven't had a chance yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Go for the airport dispenser staple. Fill it with minstrels!

Master of the Universe

Go for the airport dispenser staple. Fill it with minstrels!

NOM NOM NOM NOM.

They wouldn't last very long :D

• Advertisement

How long would sweets last in one of these anyways before they start going rank, i mean one in an arcade or a shop will empty out over the course of say a couple of months. one filled in your house with minstrels could be there for a year.. could get nasty in there after a while with direct light, heat, damp, etc... all these have to be factored into the decision of what sweets to put in it! :pac:

Appledrops would be rank in ten minutes

Master of the Universe

keithgeo wrote: »
    How long would sweets last in one of these anyways before they start going rank, i mean one in an arcade or a shop will empty out over the course of say a couple of months. one filled in your house with minstrels could be there for a year.. could get nasty in there after a while with direct light, heat, damp, etc... all these have to be factored into the decision of what sweets to put in it! :pac:

Good point! Maybe individually packaged sweets? I'll be emptying in a tin of Roses for Christmas anyway :D
    urbanledge wrote: »
    Appledrops would be rank in ten minutes

:eek: madness! They last forever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Shame you won't have it in time for tomorrow night. "Trick or treat?" No problem, here's the treats, 2 euro a pop. Help yourself. :pac:

Master of the Universe

I actually will as I'm picking it up tonight. Was thinking about leaving it on the doorstep for the craic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

o1s1n wrote: »
    I actually will as I'm picking it up tonight. Was thinking about leaving it on the doorstep for the craic :D
    You'd wanna bolt that sucker down
    Apple drops are all sticky they'll jam the mechanism on the 1st turn!, you want something like those old aniseed balls
    small_silver_balls__06916_zoom.jpg
    Dam you people, now I want one of those!

You'd wanna bolt that sucker down
    Apple drops are all sticky they'll jam the mechanism on the 1st turn!, you want something like those old aniseed balls
    small_silver_balls__06916_zoom.jpg
    Dam you people, now I want one of those!

I thought I had dreamt those sweets until recently since I hadn't seen them for years until those retro sweet shops became popular.

Master of the Universe

Aniseed balls were sold at sweets?

The only place I've seen them is on cakes, but they're really small. Can't say I've ever seen bigger versions, they look a bit mad! I shall investigate them further :)

How about M&Ms? The shells won't melt and they're in dispensers like this in US shops.

You'd need a tonne of them though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    2 euro? I wonder were there toys in it? That's a pretty crazy price if it was sweets.

The one I'm picking up is currently set up for 1 euro coins. Cheap enough to use, but expensive enough to avoid type 2 diabetes :D

I have that, the type 2 diabetes.
    Not fun.
    Leave it at one euro!

• Advertisement

I've been on the look out for a kitcat vending machine for years.
    one like this
    390_110116-145350.jpg

I hope to god I never get one or I'll be a fat fool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement