Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

One question... Why Legend of a dragoon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    One question... Why Legend of a dragoon?

Because it was only ¥108 :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks amazing.
    Fathers of Ireland be warned.
    Atavan is back!
    Lock up your daughters!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Looks amazing.
    Fathers of Ireland be warned.
    Atavan is back!
    Lock up your daughters!

If I could resist the countless offers of "sexy Japan massages" on the streets over there, I think Ireland will be fine :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If I could resist the countless offers of "sexy Japan massages" on the streets over there, I think Ireland will be fine :P

Yeah, sure, resisted...
    We shall see when, in 18 years time, a legion of hiberno - nippon boys and girls come looking for Daddy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I can't see any photos on Atavans post even using "full site" instead of touch.
    Is it just me? :c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sera wrote: »

Working fine on touch here for me.

Your device just can't handle all the japanese goodness :P

Is that the same Sega Rally double pack I have?
    How much was it?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is that the same Sega Rally double pack I have?
    How much was it?

Yep. I first found just sega rally 2006 on its own for ¥200 so got that but then in the last day found the double pack with both games for ¥500 (€3.50)

• Advertisement

Yep. I first found just sega rally 2006 on its own for ¥200 so got that but then in the last day found the double pack with both games for ¥500 (€3.50)

The remake of the arcade original really is the reason to own the set, Sega Rally 2006 doesn't really feel like a part of the series, feels a lot more like the concurrent Sega Rally titles on the PS3 and 360, although they weren't made by the same team.

Your device just can't handle all the japanese goodness :P
    I think it was the bus WiFi I can finally see them! what's the one on the bottom left? (Last photo)

I think it was the bus WiFi I can finally see them! what's the one on the bottom left? (Last photo)

Galgun of course!

Galgun of course!

Oh no, not another one!
    Hand lotion and a box of tissues at the ready!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

New 3DS, nice! No nice pokemon covers available for it?

Galgun of course!
    I wouldn't know anything about that filth :pac:

Star Lord wrote: »
    New 3DS, nice! No nice pokemon covers available for it?

There was some in the Pokemon centre but I thought I was going to be getting the Pokemon edition console so didn't get any. Probably going to order some online though!
    I wouldn't know anything about that filth :pac:

Being with retr0 I find that hard to believe! :P

Picked up Spy Fiction in Cex for a few Euro, don't know much about it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Picked up Spy Fiction in Cex for a few Euro, don't know much about it

Damn you been after that, it's a Swery game!

:p
    I didn't even know! I looked at the back and said "doesn't look bad and it's cheap"
    I mean ... We have that connection after all the instagram, me and my buddy Swery lol jkjk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

There is a copy in newbridge, you could buy it directly of the webuy site. No idea if it has a manual ect but its showing up :)

I picked up Geometry Wars 3 today, it's not bad but the visuals are no where near as striking as the first two.
    Where the stark neon colours on black made it all a modern reimagining of the vector shooter of old the new game feels like another twin stick shooter, with just enough to make it familiar enough to be worth having.
    I'm not sure the game is worth the price if admission, at least on the PS4.
    I'm probably not describing it properly or clearly enough, bit it does lack something.
    Even the Wii and DS games are better tbh,and they're not in HD, but that wasn't the important factor.
    Pity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

my Kickstarter Mega Drive book finally arrived yesterday

It came in a swedish, priority mail/print bag :S Really was worth the wait though, its an amazing book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hah! Excellent, about time :D

How the hell did it end up in Sweden though!

Just picked this up, about time I played through it. I did start it on the GC but for some reason there was something up with my controller and Link wouldn't run properly. Got stuck on the first jump (!)

Kind of glad I waited now, would be a great one to start on Christmas day.

windwaker_zps54aef5a5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

You do have my envy playing that for the first time. Even if the last few hours gets a bit bloated, it's just a game that drips charm from the outset.
    You're right, it'd be an excellent binge-game for Xmas. The harder bits are mostly optional, so you can get well stuck in with a marathon.

Getting through the stealth section near the start can be a pain though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Getting through the stealth section near the start can be a pain though!

Eh, it's a bit awkward, but I'll give'em points for trying to do something new. Kinda mirrors the MO of the game that you're not completely playing a Zelda in which you were used to, really.
    It also bolsters the bit where you get to go back with weapons a lot.

She Who Must Be Obeyed picked up my Jebus Day pressie, Super Smash Bros for the WiiU today in Smyth's in Swords.
    Interestingly it was the last one on the shelf and the shop assistant initially didn't want to sell it to her, mumbling some crap about not being able to do it and he thought they were gone, with a female minion beside him telling him not to via whispers.
    But the light of my life piled on the pressure and gave them what for about having it on the shelf, and not a display copy either, and in the end they sold it to her for the marked 49.99
    Oddly they pulled a new sealed copy of the game from the store room.
    All very queer indeed.

So, I just have to wait until the 25th of December until I can play it :(

Must pick up an Amiibo and the GC adapter in the mean time.

Ordered something on ebay I wanted in japan but couldn't get. Very very happy :)

• Advertisement

Ordered something on ebay I wanted in japan but couldn't get. Very very happy :)

The ban on those used schoolgirls panties dispensers is really frustrating isn't it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement