Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The ban on those used schoolgirls panties dispensers is really frustrating isn't it!

Now there's a machine you could have sitting in the corner of the living room...
    Quite the icebreaker at parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    She Who Must Be Obeyed picked up my Jebus Day pressie, Super Smash Bros for the WiiU today in Smyth's in Swords.
    Interestingly it was the last one on the shelf and the shop assistant initially didn't want to sell it to her, mumbling some crap about not being able to do it and he thought they were gone, with a female minion beside him telling him not to via whispers.
    But the light of my life piled on the pressure and gave them what for about having it on the shelf, and not a display copy either, and in the end they sold it to her for the marked 49.99
    Oddly they pulled a new sealed copy of the game from the store room.
    All very queer indeed.

So, I just have to wait until the 25th of December until I can play it :(

Must pick up an Amiibo and the GC adapter in the mean time.

If they had preoders with no deposits or staff holding them for themselves/friends they may have been unable to catch people on the phone, meaning they had a hard choice of selling to you and then explaining how they tried contacting the preorder guy when he comes in screaming bloody murder or holding them and waiting for people that may never call into the store again.

I'm not sure if you can still get Smyths to hold an item for you without payment anymore, they used to but I would always tell the customer that without a deposit or collection within 24 hours there was no guarantee it would be there :) many people would refuse to answer their phone. We used to try once during the day and once after 6 then scratch them off.

The amount of people who would have no recollection of ordering anything when you rang them was insane. Oh and people preordering Christmas presents and putting the gift receiver down as the contact number... Never understood that, You'd ring a guy asking for him and end up telling him about the PS3 his wife was surprising him with. Bit thick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A few final bits for the year, stuff I wasn't planning on spending on but sure when these things come up what can one do :o

Steel Battalion Rig!

Some bits form the wanted list, & a massive thanks to Atavan for nabbing super aleste while in Japan for me

Boxed gamegear battery pack, & a super wildcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Farewell Steel Battalion! /salute.

Nice to see it going to a good home. Remember to press the eject button!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up the Mario Amiibo and it's functionality on MK8 extends to a new suit texture for your Mii racer, and I think it gives you Mario's weapon set as well.
    And that's it.
    Not quite the revelation I had hoped for, but I might have been expecting too much!
    As for the much maligned build quality, the Mario figure seems fine to me, no problems at all, just as well made as any other NFC figurine.
    I was looking at the Yoshi one as my next purchase, get some prep time in for Woolly World!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Hah, just after finding this in a stack of old posters. Came free with the Megadrive if I remember correctly. Had it on the wall for years and years. Not sure why, it's a pretty crap game :D

IMG_20141229_151953408_zps70b1e230.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

because the boss said so! They're Greaattttt!

Picked up Full Spectrum Warrior Ten Hammers in CEX for bugger all there.
    I never played it but I played the first one for a little bit, it's an interesting approach to a genre that's had precious little innovative in its history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I picked up the Mario Amiibo and it's functionality on MK8 extends to a new suit texture for your Mii racer, and I think it gives you Mario's weapon set as well.
    And that's it.
    Not quite the revelation I had hoped for, but I might have been expecting too much!
    As for the much maligned build quality, the Mario figure seems fine to me, no problems at all, just as well made as any other NFC figurine.
    I was looking at the Yoshi one as my next purchase, get some prep time in for Woolly World!

I want a Wario one but alas there doesnt seem to be one.

I have a feeling I'll start buying them though. They are very cool looking.

Although I have no reason to buy them. They seem pretty damn pointless other than looking cool.

I dont know does anyone watch a guy on youtube called "Blunty" but he did a recent video on them basically wanting to know why he bought them other than the fact that he liked stuff. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Not counting the Pikachu Amiibo, I'll probably just stick to the ones that add something different to MK8. I mean there's already a few different Marios in MK8, there's not much use for a Mario suit for your Mii.

I don't plan on going mental though. At most I'll probably end up with 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Not counting the Pikachu Amiibo, I'll probably just stick to the ones that add something different to MK8. I mean there's already a few different Marios in MK8, there's not much use for a Mario suit for your Mii.

I don't plan on going mental though. At most I'll probably end up with 3.

Yeah thats what all collectors say. I'll just buy one. Suuuuuuuure! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I spent my Nintendo Club points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Yeah thats what all collectors say. I'll just buy one. Suuuuuuuure! :P

Ha, I'd be like that with some things, but this sort of thing just isn't for me. I can't think of any figurines that I've ever been interested in just for display purposes. If they added more functionality in the future I'd probably buy more though.

It would be a decent way to sell DLC too. Buy whatever character and unlock them in MK8/Smash Bros.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Some amount of free Persona tat for a single order :pac:

fm0wwl.jpg

Some amount of free Persona tat for a single order :pac:

fm0wwl.jpg
    Had you the Tarot cards issue with Rice Digital too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sera wrote: »
    Had you the Tarot cards issue with Rice Digital too?

Yeah, had only ordered from them really because the price was good as opposed to an urgent need for a half a pack of Persona tarot cards ;) Surprisingly chunky cards though, was expecting something much smaller.

Yeah, had only ordered from them really because the price was good as opposed to an urgent need for a half a pack of Persona tarot cards ;) Surprisingly chunky cards though, was expecting something much smaller.
    I have the cards already from the Ultimax pre-order but its all the one. Best price I saw and wasn't giving my money to that crowd, £69.99 for the CD ect and it was $69.99. **** off.
    I haven't heard if mine was posted yet but looking forward to it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So I was debating which version of Shovel Knight to buy recently and it reminded me about Battle Kid 2 for the NES - I had missed it when it was first released and was wondering had it come back up for sale. It had so I got that instead and it just arrived this morning (will still pick up Shovel Knight at some stage but I wanted a physical copy of a game as all I've got recently is digital).

So, Battle Kid 2: Mountain of Torment. Comes with a nice box this time and also a little artwork book in addition to the cart sleeve and manual.

M4Y8Mn5.jpg

97loO6Z.jpg

Qx64y6i.jpg

Some pics from the artwork book:

ZPNzjkj.jpg

JV0yVBX.jpg

m5qjo8f.jpg

3OP8PUF.jpg

Original and sequel together:

pWFs947.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I need that... and the original.

Master of the Universe

Wow, the production quality is gorgeous.

I've never played them. Are they Megaman-ish?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wow, the production quality is gorgeous.

I've never played them. Are they Megaman-ish?

Megaman-ish with a side helping of I wanna be the guy. It's incredibly tough but like supermeat boy it's infinite lives and generous checkpoints. I only played a little in Andrew's but loved what I played.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Megaman-ish with a side helping of I wanna be the guy. It's incredibly tough but like supermeat boy it's infinite lives and generous checkpoints. I only played a little in Andrew's but loved what I played.

Eh just to clarify the above, he means Battle Kid, at the beers in my place that time! :D

I plan to go back and spend some proper time with the first one over the Christmas break, then get stuck into the sequel. Literally only turned on BK2 to make sure it worked ok (no cart blowing necessary!), got to the 12th room (screen) I think before dying. The death counter is going to make for interesting reading. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up these recently. Flash carts for Atari 2600 and Atari 8-bit computers (dirt cheap too). And a few Amiga games, love those old Rainbird boxes :)

15924150802_ebf8f39423_c.jpg

Not new but just received this back from repair, top job done on it but it was dam expensive, I don't know if I'd bother sending a board off for repair again, I think I'd just sell it as a broken and buy a worker, probably work out cheaper.
    I was so close fixing this myself, I had the clock circuit back working but eventually gave up on it when it was still dead, turned out another chip on the other board was gone also, I'd have never found it. If fixing the clock had have given any signs of life I think I'd have eventually fixed it
    6h28v4.jpg

Feels dam good to play it again, I'm convinced it plays differently than the redux. The bubbles seem to float differently, it feels smoother and the special items seem to appear differently, could just be the placebo though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not new but just received this back from repair, top job done on it but it was dam expensive, I don't know if I'd bother sending a board off for repair again, I think I'd just sell it as a broken and buy a worker, probably work out cheaper.
    I was so close fixing this myself, I had the clock circuit back working but eventually gave up on it when it was still dead, turned out another chip on the other board was gone also, I'd have never found it. If fixing the clock had have given any signs of life I think I'd have eventually fixed it
    6h28v4.jpg

Feels dam good to play it again, I'm convinced it plays differently than the redux. The bubbles seem to float differently, it feels smoother and the special items seem to appear differently

Congrats on getting it working again.
    It might have been difficult and expensive but you rescued it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got my PAL copies of the new Pokemon games in the post today.

448D1CE6-43AC-4983-ACDE-8CA8A69B162B_zpshcesmau5.jpg

Well my Artcade marquee and tshirt showed up, doesn't look a bit like any Bubble Bobble marque I've ever seen before though lol.
    2yzbuco.jpg

Well my Artcade marquee and tshirt showed up, doesn't look a bit like any Bubble Bobble marque I've ever seen before though lol.

Well some dude in California got my bubble bobble framed artwork but the good news is Tim told me to keep the DK one and he'll send me on a BB one.
    Yay, I've grown attached to the DK already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Uh oh.

37AE5D86-2C30-4F3D-9F6D-5C2ABCD83311_zpsjxlswxxc.png

Does this mean I'm going to get mr customs man asking for money or is everything sent through customs anyway?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

What did you order and where is it coming from?

If it's gun shaped customs will want to have a look at it.
    If it's coming from outside the EU they may want to see if it needs VAT/Import duties
    If it has powder in it, you're screwed. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement