Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Did you see this Mortal Kombat Trilogy cab restoration?

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=141465.0

Full artwork replacement, new t-molding - his workmanship is excellent, but they're too perfect if you ask me. Lost their authenticity. I think it's almost going into self build territory as quite a lot of the original parts are being replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Tbh I wouldn't touch that cab. Dings and imperfections only add to the originality of it. Looks really really nice :)

I know we all like mint condition items but I think when it comes to cabs which have been for use by the public it's nice to keep it in used condition.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It ain't a cab without cig burns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Strip her down and put in Dinorex!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got a few konami MSX carts off a guy in spain. all he wanted for them was some money ...

From top left to bottom right : Kings Valley, Konami Ping Pong, Sky Jaguar, yie ar kung fu
    anyone tried Kings Valley before ? it's a great little puzzle game.

10624660_10152923354463276_7731479545645821667_n.jpg?oh=9555d938c81da4c03807b63c0d0582af&oe=550167C6&__gda__=1426391737_88d280ce65e98d72bade1452b39fcdbe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

331791.jpgBatrider :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Finally got Persona Q with tarot cards, they must have found some and that's why it got delayed (it's different to the P4AU pack) still got my Teddie keyring and Chie badges. Kinda looking forward to that t-shirt though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

safetyboy wrote: »

Congrats dude. I'm guessing that wasn't cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

keithgeo wrote: »
    Bought this last week off Logie, finally got it home to the house on Friday and put the MK2 PCB and Soundboard in it today..

I have all the artwork printed and red tmolding so the decision is do i leave it as is or do i want to go through the hassle of fixing it up a bit...

2h2mkcn.jpg

Raiden was my character on MK back in the day! Looks deadly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Did you see this Mortal Kombat Trilogy cab restoration?

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=141465.0

Full artwork replacement, new t-molding - his workmanship is excellent, but they're too perfect if you ask me. Lost their authenticity. I think it's almost going into self build territory as quite a lot of the original parts are being replaced.

About twenty-five times the effort than what went into making the game's engine. Wutwut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Those midway cabs are absolute beasts!

If you have the art printed and all could be worth redoing it but tis up to you, doesnt look bad imo from that picture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I actually got the other two a while ago but I had this picture handy.
    Tekken 4 for 3 euros in CEX on westmorleand street.
    tumblr_ngbjlj2mQJ1u2ftudo1_1280.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

safetyboy wrote: »

Awesome GET! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Sera wrote: »
    I was gonna be strong and keep my present closed ...

Thank you so much Secret Santa!

ah balls! I think someone in an post sat on the Nightmare.BC box.
    hopefully its ok

Dr Bob wrote: »
    ah balls! I think someone in an post sat on the Nightmare.BC box.
    hopefully its ok
    It's fine on the inside don't worry! I'd say something heavy went on top.
    I hadn't Okami but do have Okamiden on NDS so very lucky guess, thanks again! (*˘︶˘*)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Started a very slippery slope into financial ruination today and bought my first amiibo. Went for samus because she was the only one left that I could find locally.

9B8B1246-FAFA-48CF-9E4C-14039CDEADC2_zpsraaq7hbu.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

airmax87 wrote: »
    I actually got the other two a while ago but I had this picture handy.
    Tekken 4 for 3 euros in CEX on westmorleand street.
    tumblr_ngbjlj2mQJ1u2ftudo1_1280.jpg

"In this country,first you get the Tekkens, then you get the power,THEN you get the women!."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

charity shop, right outside work, grab last week. €1 can't say no to that :)
    not in the pic but I also got Bully and Midway Treasures in the lot

10675766_10152874391218276_5821139247089813203_n.jpg?oh=00d2b44b5df96d813748f0e5da20d664&oe=55059A5E

Perhaps a little grail get for me incoming, assuming it's still in stock when I get there!

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Perhaps a little grail get for me incoming, assuming it's still in stock when I get there!

Kirby amiibo? :pac:

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Kirby amiibo? :pac:

Unfortunately there are no Streets of Rage or Golden Axe Amiibo yet but my body, and lump hammer, are ready....

Master of the Universe

I take it your lump hammer is so you can dress up as one of the Bad Brothers in celebration?

I think you'd look very fetching ;)

Golden_Axe_stage_1_bosses.png

I got 2 pastel controllers (nes, playstation) in an order from Etsy

Master of the Universe

I usually try and keep my geekyness within a certain threshold. May have just gone one step beyond :pac:

Just picked this up from a guy on ebay. He's been selling loads of them. Apparently they're cast from a screen used prop in the Dredd film, so the quality is meant to really be up there.

Helmet_zps93ddba19.jpg

...no, I won't be wearing it to comic conventions :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're going to comic con in the nip?

Master of the Universe

It's actually a Dr. Manhattan costume. Stand outside in the cold for a while and you're good to go :D

FEePRpMm.jpg

I am a happy man.

Only 38 in CEX,
    Perfect condition.
    Manual great nick, unused Club Nintendo code.
    I'm not usually a stickler for those things but I'll make an exception in this instance!

Actually thought it was gone.
    Went in and it wasn't on the shelf.
    Turned out they had it tucked away.
    Anyhow, one of my grail games.
    A good run, first Animal Crossing on the GC and now Twilight Princess, happy dippy dappy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Very nice Cidey, great find! Which CeX was that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Animal Crossing and Twilight Princess grail finds? I remember buying them in shops what seems like not so long ago :eek: Although trying to find a copy of Animal Crossing with the memory card was even a challenge back at release!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement