Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Animal Crossing and Twilight Princess grail finds? I remember buying them in shops what seems like not so long ago :eek: Although trying to find a copy of Animal Crossing with the memory card was even a challenge back at release!

Well, they are for me.
    Twilight Princess was in the shops in small small amounts, I recall a shelf full of Wii editions of the game and one solitary GC copy, which a bought for a mate.
    And the prices online have been mental for a while now.
    So I was pleased to pick it up for 38 in CEX Santry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, they are for me.

Oh that's fair enough, we all have our grails :) More just surprised that games I remember buying brand new are now such rarities!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I remember seeing TP on shelves too, loads of them in GAME in Dundrum. I remember thinking to myself, "why the hell would anyone buy it on that platform, surely the Wii version is superior"...& now it's on my to-get list at about 3 times the price. Ah me & my silly ways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Not too shabby for €29 Gamecube.

1943 for €50 i think it was.

Yoshis Island looks like a printed box though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was lucky enough to be a poor student unable to afford a new Wii when Twilight Princess was released. Thankfully I had my trusty Gamecube ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I was lucky enough to be a poor student unable to afford a new Wii when Twilight Princess was released. Thankfully I had my trusty Gamecube ;)

Yep Zeldas on the list, may look into some mods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Started a very slippery slope into financial ruination today and bought my first amiibo. Went for samus because she was the only one left that I could find locally.

9B8B1246-FAFA-48CF-9E4C-14039CDEADC2_zpsraaq7hbu.jpg[img][/img]
    Fully stocked shelves of them in Smyths in Bray today from what I could see if its any good to you. Absolutely no interest in them whatsoever though, I bet all the people expecting prices on them to rise like other collectors item will be seriously disappointed. I did check all the Samuses to see if any of them had 2 Arm Cannons though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Popped to smyths this morning to get some presents for my godson. Of course I spotted this and KNEW I had to have it.

829A6421-D2D5-4AD1-A751-FB14CDCC0ABF_zps1uhmbpwg.jpg

Interestingly Nintendo put a little piece of metal underneath the figures in the box so you can't scan them in while still sealed. I suppose it stops people using them in the shop with the new 3DS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Meant to say there was dk and peach there last Monday too. Say they are gone.

I have Fox and Samus but have no reason to open them just yet.

Meant to say there was dk and peach there last Monday too. Say they are gone.

I have Fox and Samus but have no reason to open them just yet.

They had peach and DK in smyths Carrickmines today anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You're all nuts :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I've got the Villager already. Got yer wan from Wii Fit and Marth in the post. After all the buzz over them, figured I may as well get the supposedly difficult ones in, just in case. I don't even have a Wii U and the 3DS adapter isn't even out yet. :o

Master of the Universe

It'll be interesting to see if this lunacy has any impact on WiiU sales. Fingers crossed it does.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see if this lunacy has any impact on WiiU sales. Fingers crossed it does.

Hopefully it does. I know I'll be getting some vouchers for Christmas so I'll be putting those towards a wii u.

They all seem to be in stock, including villager Marth and wii fit trainer, on Amazon.de if anyone wants them.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?k=amiibo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Which ones are considered Rare? i havent really checked up on these at all, seen them in smyths yesterday and was wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

keithgeo wrote: »
    Which ones are considered Rare? i havent really checked up on these at all, seen them in smyths yesterday and was wondering.

The three that are mentioned above are considered rare right now (though they're all pretty scarce).

I bought Pikachu a couple of weeks ago, and my sister bought Samus for me for Christmas. Can't see myself buying any more though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

o1s1n wrote: »

I'd like a Wii U, but it'll have to wait until some time in Q2 or Q3 next year. A 3DS adapter will do for now (when those go on sale).

I don't think any of the Amiibo's are rare at all, it's just a story cooked up by a website wanting more hits a couple of weeks ago. Sure feck it anyway, at a tenner a pop it's worth getting one of each 'just in case'.

It's nearly Chrimbo and yet stocks are being replenished almost every day it seems. Plus the 'rare' ones, Villager, Marth and Yer Wan were only released about 3 weeks or so ago so I'd hardly imagine Nintendo are going to stop selling them when this artificial buzz is going to earn them a bit of bunce.

The packaging is pretty meaty as well so if you're going to collect all of these in each wave: a) you'll need acres of storage space and b) you are probably a talking duck that swims in coins on a daily basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

This arrived from Japan this morning, happy christmas to me! :)

vb3_zps581f40f5.jpg

vb2_zpsb523febd.jpg

vb1_zps25dc41f0.jpg

Now to get the VB ribbon cables soldered in the New Year and she's good to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭Doge

That box is mint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Been telling peopleI work with or train with & friends I collect retro games.
    Got this gift the other day from a guy I do karate with :)

10868237_10152951019458276_6750554445631293047_n.jpg?oh=d92c35ba4aa17613b54c1908eb96a617&oe=5503EF27

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^^ You must have a very decent collection at this stage! Very nice prezzie too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

sugarman wrote: »
    Picked this up last week, nice haul with some less common games I'd missing from my collection.

332488.png

Also came with a gcon and mem cards.

Gonna chip the console in work tomorrow, programmd a chip during lunch with mm3.

Dam nice haul, points at diablo.....nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

2 copies of Nuclear Strike? It was good at the time but not that good :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Blood Omen!
    Feck thats nice , been after that forever (since my original was stolen years ago)

Master of the Universe

That's a pretty decent lot of games alright.

It's nice when you manage to acquire a collection from someone who clearly had taste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I'm suprised at no Tekken 3 or WWF Smackdown in that ps1 haul :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

airmax87 wrote: »
    I'm suprised at no Tekken 3 or WWF Smackdown in that ps1 haul :D

No Fifa either, very unlikely!

Thanks Santa! Also got some really nice Bose earphones

1F264A73-1DD6-4ADB-99BA-FC9F4BE8D16C_zpsi8t5jy86.jpg

Cidonalad just unwrapped Skylanders Trap Team aka crack cocaine for kids Mk4 for the PS3 and Scribblenauts Unmasked for the WiiU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Also got some really nice Bose earphones

Easily the most comfortable make of headphones I've ever worn for prolonged use.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement