Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Every time my brother spends a fortune on crappy beats headphones over a quality set of Bose of sennheisers I feel like slapping him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Every time my brother spends a fortune on crappy beats headphones over a quality set of Bose of sennheisers I feel like slapping him.

The latest Studios / Solos aren't as bad as they once were. Bose are still extremely overpriced for what you get with most of their products. In saying that, their NC features are probably still one of the best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Headphones haven't been of interest to me since 89/92, when I loved my Aiwa personal cassette player and had a great set of Sony headphones that cost a fortune.
    Good times,
    Great tunes,
    Bad bad haircuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

never understood people spending 100 quid plus on headphones.
    much prefer earphones and would never spend more than 20 on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,056 ✭✭✭Doge

never understood people spending 100 quid plus on headphones.
    much prefer earphones and would never spend more than 20 on them.

But the sound man! THE SOUND!

Have 2 nice pairs of Sennheiser headphones and I'll never go back to earphones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If it's not a big wooden speaker that I could be buried in I'm not interested :pac:

o1s1n wrote: »
    If it's not a big wooden speaker that I could be buried in I'm not interested :pac:

Speakers are great, but at night time you can hardly have a good listening session with them! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Doge wrote: »
    But the sound man! THE SOUND!

Have 2 nice pairs of Sennheiser headphones and I'll never go back to earphones!

Sennheiser in-ear for me, some great ones available for bit too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

I find sennheiser are a bit too trebly for my bassier "technofreek" needs.

I've had various pairs of in ear and normal headphones from sennheiser over the years.
    Expensive ones too but I never found a pair that met my needs.

Then what you need sir is the Sony XB line. They should satisfy all bassy needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Xmas haul, between myself & the son here's the spoils:

Xbox One with a few games. I decided not to get the sky box white version for the son, thanks Andrew :D

23vymxd.jpg

I know First Light is coming to PS+ in Jan, but I do prefer physical copies anyway, plus for €10 in Smyths it seemed a decent offering

sgoima.jpg

Stocking fillers, I've yet to play Bioshock Infinite too

5d3pj7.jpg

The original Xbox collecting continues

1ynxxj.jpg

2w7273n.jpg

I've been after Rogue Squadron 2 for ages, & a physical copy (dual language) version of Resident Evil HD made for a nice prezzie!

20h0fwo.jpg

And to top it off, three GC games I've been wanting for ages. Nice to have TP for the GameCube finally in the Zelda collection!

m9sn12.jpg

Did not think the remake of Resident Evil was out. Will have to pick that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

marko93 wrote: »
    Then what you need sir is the Sony XB line. They should satisfy all bassy needs.

Yeah, think I had a pair of xb earphones some time ago.
    Ultimate ears have good bass as well.

I've discovered that my ear holes are a bit of funny shape or size.
    Only Sony ear buds seem to fit me snugly.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Very nice haul Myrddin. Seeing all those GTA V ads on tv got me wondering, why did they feel the need to put the word Five over the V? Who doesn't know what the V signifies?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Think they have the text to try and emulate the font on American currency, on top of the 'money green' V. Given the lust for cash is pretty central to the game, always thought it was a stylistic choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Very nice haul Myrddin. Seeing all those GTA V ads on tv got me wondering, why did they feel the need to put the word Five over the V? Who doesn't know what the V signifies?

The children whose parents are buying the game, then complain it's too violent for their children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Another cool donation from a friend I do karate with. I started mentioning to friends, family and people I work with that I was into retrogames and turns out a lot of people have stuff lying around in their attic.
    10868291_337264683127567_3857074689675619115_n.jpg?oh=ae64243a6e051b70fe6d0106c7dd38d9&oe=55000B9C&__gda__=1426373156_7deea3b7ec1210e4e98a3a3f970534ca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,235 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Think they have the text to try and emulate the font on American currency, on top of the 'money green' V. Given the lust for cash is pretty central to the game, always thought it was a stylistic choice!

Yep, that's it, always read it as trying to emulate the typeface on American currency.

I hope anyway, would be well depressing if people need that spelled out to them :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

nice one myrddin. never played red dead revolver. I'm a huge redemption fan, cleared it 100% twice :) gotta get me revolver, it's supposed to be quite good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

LongZ wrote: »
    nice one myrddin. never played red dead revolver. I'm a huge redemption fan, cleared it 100% twice :) gotta get me revolver, it's supposed to be quite good.

It's pretty mediocre imo but some people like it. Better off just playing redemption, you aren't missing much. It had an interesting development. Capcom were originally developing Red Dead Revolver but thought the game was poor and decided to not release it but Rockstar stepped in to rescue the project, not sure how much original capcom code is left in the game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Where are people suddenly finding these copies of twilight princess? I'd kill for one. Well not kill, but maim maybe or scratch. I'd definitely swap for one.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Where are people suddenly finding these copies of twilight princess? I'd kill for one. Well not kill, but maim maybe or scratch. I'd definitely swap for one.

My girlfriend seen it on the marketplace and just knew, I had to have it :D I was delighted to get it as a present, it's mint with unused codes etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    My girlfriend seen it on the marketplace and just knew, I had to have it :D I was delighted to get it as a present, it's mint with unused codes etc.

Don't tell the peasants too much, let them find their own copies!

The "Only On" message struck me as a bit weird about the cover art, given it was obviously on the Wii too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Did pretty well with Gamestop's sale:
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call €20
    Lightning Returns: FFXIII €5
    Thief (Xbox 360) €7.50

Happy days :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got this today as I had a hmv voucher.

A0784E74-7056-4F4B-A0BC-1C0076B62604_zpsmcqv3obp.jpg

I went and bought Drive Club :(
    I'm sorry.
    I'm still waiting for the update to finish, some 5 hours later :(

On a brighter note I also picked up Metro Redux

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I went and bought Drive Club :(
    I'm sorry.
    I'm still waiting for the update to finish, some 5 hours later :(

On a brighter note I also picked up Metro Redux

Driveclub was the reason I was going to pick up a PS4, but after hearing how broken and not very good it is turned me off :( shame because the trailers looked very nice.

Went ahead and got this sexy little bundle today.
    AC65212E-1C8C-42A6-B1C6-F3AE337392E1_zpsfvukqzq2.jpg

Really looking forward to playing a lot of the wii u games now that there's a few to choose from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Ended the year with possibly my best get. Was after it for a long time without having to remortgage anything.

w2es6h.jpg

• Advertisement

Driveclub was the reason I was going to pick up a PS4, but after hearing how broken and not very good it is turned me off :( shame because the trailers looked very nice.

After installing the update the game is remarkable, the dynamic weather is fantastic.
    Closest game I can compare it to is MSR and the later PGR series, with a Kudos equivalent and a similar mission progression.
    It eschews the current fad for open world/city expanses separating races and instead is a straight series of race and championships.
    Refreshing tbh.
    And, at €40, well worth the money.
    I can see this being the first racer in a long time I put a lot of time into.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement