Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Corholio wrote: »
    Ended the year with possibly my best get. Was after it for a long time without having to remortgage anything.

w2es6h.jpg

Beautiful find, my friend from the States sent me his copy, never thought I'd own it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Beautiful find, my friend from the States sent me his copy, never thought I'd own it.

Tough, tough cookie to track down alright. Where can I get friends like yours? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I picked up a few bits this morning in CEX
    Locoroco 2, didn't know I don't have it, so picked it up!
    Super Bust a Move 2 for the PS2
    World Super Police also for the PS2, a euro release of a Japanese Chase HQ clone
    P.N. 03 for the GameCube, I never owned this the first time around so nice trip find one of those Capcom exclusives, at least the one that didn't wind up going multi platform in the end, like Viewtiful Joe and Resident Evil 4.

And that little haul worked out at a bargain 16.50, so happy with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got one of these this morning in the post, best looking SD2IEC I've seen and a perfect match for the 64C.

I still suck at Uridium though :D

$_57.JPG

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't worry.
    We all suck at Uridium!
    Still a great game though, some 30 years later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Got one of these this morning in the post, best looking SD2IEC I've seen and a perfect match for the 64C.

I still suck at Uridium though :D

$_57.JPG

Aww that's an awesome case! Looks just like a baby 1541-II floppy drive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Where did you get that from? been meaning to buy something like this for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Picked up Diddy Kong Racing and Kirby Super Deluxe, my addiction to collecting Japanese boxes continues:o
    P1040837_zps31292f41.jpg

I've being saving up a few quid over the last few months to fund a ps1 grail get, kept it to play on Christmas Day. It has to be one of the most colourful games ever, never before has killing flying animals been so much fun.

P1040839_zps305330bd.jpgP1040840_zpsd8e3a2c9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Harmful park! Very very nice!

keithgeo wrote: »
    Where did you get that from? been meaning to buy something like this for years.

Got it on EBay, guy in Spain selling them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Looks like you can buy one made from genuine recycled commodore 64 plastic too!

http://www.sd2iec.co.uk/catalog/i34.html

A German friend of mine soldered his own one so it can be done on the cheap too.

Or alternatively, if you want maximum game compatibility at an SD2SNES price,
    consider the 1541 Ultimate II Cart.

Its not as pretty as TLB's SD2IEC though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Two holy grail games in a week. People must have gotten big xmas bonuses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Sadly, the HSE don't do bonus payments to lowly folk such as me :(

But well done on Harmful Park, it's a stunning game, nice one.
    Might I suggest marrying it with Einhander in a Shmup session, two of the best examples of the genre, maybe throw in RType Delta as well, and all on the PS, incredible.

Actually, my birthday is coming up and Mrs Ciderman wants to know what I want, any ideas?
    Not sure if there are any grail games skating around this country, or even county.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

My PS2 slim's drive stopped spinning so I can't actually play this.
    But I now own every SF for the PS2, I got this version because of the nice art and 60hz :-)

tumblr_nhg97s4yQq1u2ftudo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nhg97s4yQq1u2ftudo2_1280.jpg

EDIT : except the third strike that's not on anniversary collection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's a really oddly composed cover. Massive Chun Li crotch shot right across the middle :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's a really oddly composed cover. Massive Chun Li crotch shot right across the middle :D
    I actually like the EX series a lot, EX2+ is so fun.
    And they have great soundtracks too.

Skullomania for SF5!

I wasted my money on Thief for the PS4, only €14.99 for it in those money grabbing so and so's in GS!
    Also picked up Geometry Wars Galaxies for the Wii, plays just fine on the WiiU in Wii mode and using the Pro controller in Wii mode.
    It lacks HD fidelity but is great craic never the less, the campaign mode is pretty good tbh.

• Advertisement

New Vectrex games released for Xmas.

http://www.binarystarsoftware.com/?p=82

Component cables for my xbox og arrived today.
    Allthough I can't even get 480p/720p/1080i out of them beacuse i buggered up my softmod.
    Still a huge upgrade though.

Master of the Universe

Finally got my hands on that RGB N64. Bad time of the year to be getting stuff posted from France!

It's insanely cool. Seeing N64 games in RGB on the PVM is quite something. Nintendo did themselves and the console such disservice by not including RGB.

I've no NTSC games but can confirm at least that PAL games are working on it (It's an NTSCJ unit) and the LED turns green to signify the region.

Everyone needs to buy one! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

New Vectrex games released for Xmas.

http://www.binarystarsoftware.com/?p=82

Still truckin ! I would like one of these

I just picked up Tank!Tank!Tank! on the WiiU!WiiU! WiiU!
    I believe it's poor but it does seem to be a rare enough title on the system so I was happy to pay 15 for it new in GS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just picked up Tank!Tank!Tank! on the WiiU!WiiU! WiiU!
    I believe it's poor but it does seem to be a rare enough title on the system so I was happy to pay 15 for it new in GS.

That game lost all appeal once I learned it was local multiplayer only (and this is from someone who isn't into multiplayer games online!) Such a missed opportunity :(

Well, there is a shallow single player campaign as well but, yes, online multiplayer would have transformed it.
    Apparently the game is getting hard to find, must also pick up Tekken as well.
    No Ridge Racer though for the WiiU :(
    Come on Namco!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Finally got my hands on that RGB N64. Bad time of the year to be getting stuff posted from France!

It's insanely cool. Seeing N64 games in RGB on the PVM is quite something. Nintendo did themselves and the console such disservice by not including RGB.

I've no NTSC games but can confirm at least that PAL games are working on it (It's an NTSCJ unit) and the LED turns green to signify the region.

Everyone needs to buy one! :pac:

Scanline pics or it didn't happen. ;)

Master of the Universe

:pac:

I tried... and a failed. I don't know what it is about my camera, but all the photos just look like composite!

So the green LED will have to be proof enough :D

DSC_0881_zpsf65f871f.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

airmax87 wrote: »
    Component cables for my xbox og arrived today.
    Allthough I can't even get 480p/720p/1080i out of them beacuse i buggered up my softmod.
    Still a huge upgrade though.

As an aside I did exactly the same thing to my crystal Xbox when trying to do exactly the same thing. I softbricked it by mistake, haven't gotten around to re-doing the softmod to get it all back to normal.

The RAGE has an original Component breakout box in their free bin about a year ago and I yoinked it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement