Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Yeah, that's my one problem with the handheld bundles. I don't mind digital downloads, but I hate digital versions of retail games. No power supply with them again either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It really takes something away from the bundle alright doesn't it?

I had a similar thing happen with the Windwaker Wiiu. Was going to pick that bundle up but decided against it when I heard there was no physical copy of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Looks like the nice silver Monster Hunter 4 special edition New 3DS XL will have a physical copy though, no mention of digital copy on it!

Nope, wrong again. :( "Pre-installed"

mh4-new-3ds-656x484.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I just don't get the appeal of special edition consoles, they always seem a bit pointless to me :o

They're something different from the regular solid colours. Keeps it interesting I suppose.

I have a white XL. I was against these at first, but the prices aren't that bad. If something comes out that I'm interested in playing I might try to pick up one of the smaller models at a low price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I just don't get the appeal of special edition consoles, they always seem a bit pointless to me :o

They are pointless, completely. Really, really, pretty pointlessness...:o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    It really takes something away from the bundle alright doesn't it?

I had a similar thing happen with the Windwaker Wiiu. Was going to pick that bundle up but decided against it when I heard there was no physical copy of the game.

Main reason I went for the NSMB WiiU bundle. Must get back to that game, it's fantastic. How can the console NSMB games be good and the handheld ones be so lazy?

Master of the Universe

I did the same thing :)

Was still a bit miffed that both games were on one disc :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The one place it seemes to a good preinstall job was on the 3ds XL with NSMB2, it came with new time trial levels or something like that.
    Otherwise you'll just be shelling out for the physical copy later

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Definitely pointless if you already have the console - it's just a money milking exercise with the fans, but if it's your first purchase of one then fair enough. As in I nabbed the Yoshi 3DS XL when I was in the market for a 3DS, although a big factor in that was the reduced price in Argos! :pac:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Definitely pointless if you already have the console

Don't let Atavan hear you say that! He must be walled in with special edition 3DS consoles at this stage :pac:

Don't let Atavan hear you say that! He must be walled in with special edition 3DS consoles at this stage :pac:

Spending 100s just for a different lick of paint isn't my thing but each to their own. Although I suppose it's money better spent than poisoning himself with that Captain Morgan's stuff! :P

Maybe when Gamestop get the New 3DS XL in the shops and get hands on time I might think otherwise, but I'm not convinced the c-stick and faster download speeds is worth an upgrade (how often are you downloading stuff that a speed increase will make much of a difference).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I think they should do more limited edition covers instead like the Phoenix Wright one I have (even though it falls off sometimes)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The New 3ds pricing worries me.
    People seem to think the New XL will be 200 but, currently, the XL is 224, considerably more expensive.
    I am hoping for the standard one to be around 160/165, not so sure now....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The New 3ds pricing worries me.
    People seem to think the New XL will be 200 but, currently, the XL is 224, considerably more expensive.
    I am hoping for the standard one to be around 160/165, not so sure now....

I wouldve thought theyd be a little bit more expensive than their current counterparts? Just because they're newer versions/more features. If they come in at the same price then that's not bad at all.

I posted this on the Nintendo forum. No harm in reposting here though :-)

Game have the new 3DS consoles up for pre-order. £149.99 for the smaller size, £179.99 for the XL. No mention of Limited edition consoles yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Spending 100s just for a different lick of paint isn't my thing but each to their own. Although I suppose it's money better spent than poisoning himself with that Captain Morgan's stuff! :P

Maybe when Gamestop get the New 3DS XL in the shops and get hands on time I might think otherwise, but I'm not convinced the c-stick and faster download speeds is worth an upgrade (how often are you downloading stuff that a speed increase will make much of a difference).

Faster loading times too, they showed comparative loading times for Smash Bros on the 3DS and New 3DS on the Nintendo Direct today, New 3DS had the game ready to be played when the 3DS was just doing the initial loading.

Check this one from Japan to see the difference:

One for Monster Hunter 4 here too:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVLc1DQErTY

For anyone who was interested, Game have the MH4 New 3DS XL up for pre-order now too. It's priced at £209.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

For anyone who was interested, Game have the MH4 New 3DS XL up for pre-order now too. It's priced at £209.99.

Dont tempt me damn it!! :mad:

edit just looked at it. Its niiiiiiiiiiiice.

Ha, I know the feeling. I swore I wouldn't get one of these, but now I'm thinking about keeping my own XL and waiting until argos have a moment of madness on their pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the weak euro though has pretty much eliminated any savings to be made buying from Amazon or other online retailer.
    it's nearly just as cheap or cheaper to buy from Argos, Smyths, or even "they who shall not be named".

the weak euro though has pretty much eliminated any savings to be made buying from Amazon or other online retailer.
    it's nearly just as cheap or cheaper to buy from Argos, Smyths, or even "they who shall not be named".

Guineys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Voldemort Bookbinders Ltd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Got this in the post today! A framed arcade art marquee! Atari Star Wars! Lovely quality! Got it from www.arcadeart.co.uk by the great Tim Nicholls!
    There are plenty to choose from and looks ace in any game room wall etc. I have a Pac Man one en route too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Anyone have a PS2 slim they would let go cheap, There's none on adverts near me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

airmax87 wrote: »
    Anyone have a PS2 slim they would let go cheap, There's none on adverts near me?

Sorry I'm not sure how far away from Steve Blackman's Gaff I actually am...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

MrVestek wrote: »
    Sorry I'm not sure how far away from Steve Blackman's Gaff I actually am...

Steve Blackman is always near.

im down in celbridge.

Master of the Universe

Etrian Odyssey is under all those stickers there somewhere :pac:

Seems to be a good time to pick up original DS games for cheap.

EtrianOdyssey_zpsdcbdfe1b.jpg

Etrian Odyssey is under all those stickers there somewhere :pac:

Seems to be a good time to pick up original DS games for cheap.

EtrianOdyssey_zpsdcbdfe1b.jpg

Was that the only copy?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Was that the only copy?

Unfortunately so :( had a look through them all just in case there were a couple more.

That was Gamestop Bray, definitely worth a look through the DS section in other gamestops.

I was going to pick up Children of Mana too for a tenner and then get 3DS Ace Combat for free - but one of the fivers I had ripped in half as I took it out of my wallet :eek: talk about bad luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement