Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Doge wrote: »
    Haha!
    Any idea what show thats from? :pac:
    You never heard of the US Office?

The first series is terrible as they just do a few rip-offs of the UK version (also unmissable) but from season 2 on it was one of the best American comedies ever made.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Corholio wrote: »
    Yes the Japanese one is the one to get for the price certainly, I luckily managed to get this version for a well below value price so too good to pass up really.

Japanese box art is a bit plain compared to the other versions so there's that!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Big spender Ciderman once again, 3.99 for Tokyo Jungle, as well as 19.99 for the HD remake of RE.
    I still suck at the latter, time ahead to suck at the former too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Thargor wrote: »
    You never heard of the US Office?

The first series is terrible as they just do a few rip-offs of the UK version (also unmissable) but from season 2 on it was one of the best American comedies ever made.

Never actually sat down and watched it but my cousin told me recently that its funnier than the UK one!

I was in disbelief sticking to the rule of thumb that every american rip off is worse than the original British series.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Big spender Ciderman once again, 3.99 for Tokyo Jungle, as well as 19.99 for the HD remake of RE.
    I still suck at the latter, time ahead to suck at the former too!

You bought tokyo jungle on pal psn i presume?

I remember it was over 10 the last time i checked, better grab that ****!

• Advertisement

Theres going to be a 10% discount code valid on psn from 5pm Friday if i'm correct....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/

So im going to be a total cheapskate and wait til then! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

You bought tokyo jungle on pal psn i presume?

I remember it was over 10 the last time i checked, better grab that ****!
    Just asked that and then saw this.
    Was it Pal PSN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the rule of thumb that every american rip off is worse than the original British series.

thankfully the US version of Red Dwarf never made it beyond a pilot episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Theres going to be a 10% discount code valid on psn from 5pm Friday if i'm correct....

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/19/psn-members-get-one-time-10-ps-store-discount-this-weekend/

So im going to be a total cheapskate and wait til then! :p
    Was it Pal PSN?

Looks like it but the offer will have ended before the 10% discount

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-ie/games/tokyo-jungle/cid=EP9000-NPEA00275_00-00000020120613AR?smcid=pdc:ie-en:pdc-psn-mypsn:ps%20store:null:null

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Steve X2

thankfully the US version of Red Dwarf never made it beyond a pilot episode.

And The IT Crowd as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Got these two today. One for childhood memories and the other as a classic I never got to play:

Was it Pal PSN?

Its myself and Myrddin's lazy way of saying the European Region! ;)

Ah bollax, I confused the 24th which was the start date with the end date!

Guess I'll just wait til next time! :p

Collected this today.

25A3168B-1967-4ACC-84D3-28A404091EBC_zpsfs019meq.jpg

DF6CC207-1C71-4963-94B3-222C63073928_zps6pmtmtud.jpg

No more 3DS' for me! That is until a Pokemon limited edition new XL is released in America.

Nice, must say I am very tempted to get one, never owned a 3DS though. If another 2D Castlevania came along that would tip me over the edge.

Nice, must say I am very tempted to get one, never owned a 3DS though. If another 2D Castlevania came along that would tip me over the edge.

If you haven't had a 3DS then absolutely get yourself one. Lots of fantastic games available for it now. It's my go to handheld above the vita and everything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Collected this today.

25A3168B-1967-4ACC-84D3-28A404091EBC_zpsfs019meq.jpg

DF6CC207-1C71-4963-94B3-222C63073928_zps6pmtmtud.jpg

No more 3DS' for me! That is until a Pokemon limited edition new XL is released in America.
    Played one of the lad's ones yesterday, I don't like the other small analogue, it just feels weird. Screen is lovely though

Good games yeah but no must haves that I can see if I'm honest. The handheld Zeldas and the new Mario games don't do much for me I'm afraid. Id rather invest the time in clearing my Steam and 360 backlog. Ill get around to them someday but probably on a flashcart if a proper one ever appears just to tick them off.

http://www.gamesradar.com/upcoming-3ds-games-new/

Not much in 2015 to interest me either from a quick Google tbh.

Couldent live without my 3ds for fire emblem and all the great atlus titles alone, probably spent more time on it than any of the last gen consoles. Nice get with the ambassador one ,got the email (well the son did on his account) but decided to wait for the xl, preordered the majora's mask one but now i'am on second thoughts given gameshaft want €270 euro for it! might just go with a regular xl off amazon instead or pick up the smaller one for the changeable faceplates. Screen is supposed to be a bit bigger than the regular 3ds I think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, Mirror of Fate is on it, no?

Also, I prebooked a 3DS from Amazon.fr, 175 next day shipped, it's about 154 there at the moment although when you get to the checkout it leaps to 158, still a great price though.
    If you can wait a day or two regular shipping is only a fiver, so you wind up getting a New 3DS for 163, 32 less than Smyth's, cheapest of the bricks and mortar shops.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, Mirror of Fate is on it, no?

Which is an absolute pile of ****e and totally misses the point of the old metroidvania games.

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry should have been clearer, I meant a "proper" 2D Castlevania.

Played one of the lad's ones yesterday, I don't like the other small analogue, it just feels weird. Screen is lovely though

Its probably as pointless as those nipply things on old laptops!

Nipple_or_Pimple_mouse.jpg

Most of the heavy analogue lifting will be carried by the circle pad, the nubbin will probably be camera duties in the main.
    Can't wait to get my hands on the console.
    Probably make my life worth living at last.
    End world hunger.
    Bring peace to the world.
    Though, I might be raising expectations unduly for a hardware release from Nintendo but I reckon it just might!

New 3DS pisses me off because it means I'll inevitably need a US and a EU console... and the worst thing is, I'll buy them. Damn you nintendo.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    New 3DS pisses me off because it means I'll inevitably need a US and a EU console... and the worst thing is, I'll buy them. Damn you nintendo.

They just don't think of you at all when they come up with these products.
    I say make a complaint!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Had to take a quick video of this.

Just realized I filmed it vertical. God damn!

More ace work from The Bandit. Klack Klack! The game just doesn't feel right unless you're stomping on a pedal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Its probably as pointless as those nipply things on old laptops!

Nipple_or_Pimple_mouse.jpg

They were great.
    Mmmmmmmnipples:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

ahem... jus got these in the post :)
    10929082_10153054237678276_3221690916497455194_n.jpg?oh=f3a468ca7df02ceab6560358d14f082a&oe=555A665D&__gda__=1432270088_172e67fbb6b3f3040253af95a03c746f

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

They were great.
    Mmmmmmmnipples:P

"old laptops" -> any Lenovo thinkpad laptop has those (even new ones) - they are anything but useless - I am almost as quick as a mouse with em and about twice as fast/accurate then the ****ty touchpad most laptops have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hercule wrote: »
    "old laptops" -> any Lenovo thinkpad laptop has those (even new ones) - they are anything but useless - I am almost as quick as a mouse with em and about twice as fast/accurate then the ****ty touchpad most laptops have.

I can't use them at all. Just messing with the one on my work laptop now and it feels incredibly unnatural and far too much effort.

Docking Station Master Race FTW :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement