Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My parents still complain about how slow using the mouse on their new laptop is compared to the nipple on the the old Thinkpad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not slightly weird when your folks talk about nipples no?
    I call it a nubbin....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I call it a nubbin....
    nub?
    COmZ5A9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Give me nipples over a trackpads anyday, especially the POS trackpads on all the new Sony laptops :D
    I do like the trackpad on my Macbook air though, not sure i'd trade that for a nipple, depends on the nipple I suppose:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I call it a nubbin....
    They just call it the little red yoke don't worry, completely superior to the new yoke (mouse).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,232 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I can understand how some folks would rather the nipple (!) over the trackpad, but bringing a mouse into the equation is madness. I'd love to see someone trying to use one of those nubbin things to play a competitive FPS :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

o1s1n wrote: »
    I can understand how some folks would rather the nipple (!) over the trackpad, but bringing a mouse into the equation is madness. I'd love to see someone trying to use one of those nubbin things to play a competitive FPS :pac:

I just searched youtube with "playing fps game with nubbin" then "nipple" to see if there was such a video.

Im wishing i hadn't now! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Doge wrote: »
    I just searched youtube with "playing fps game with nubbin" then "nipple" to see if there was such a video.

Im wishing i hadn't now! :pac:

QUICK
    delete-browsing-history-from-google-chrome.1280x600.jpg

Master of the Universe

325232512_burning_laptop_2_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

MH4 N3DS XL edition is due in roughly the 18th from Amazon.fr
    So bloody excited

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was in GS in Swords this morning and spotted rare beastie, a preowned copy of Etrian Odyssey IV for the 3DS.
    Figured I would hold off, as I have a New 3DS and a game or two in my sights in the not to distant future.
    However.
    I actually found a €50 I didn't know I had in the back of the wallet, and let my heart take over.
    Plus, I figured its a rare enough release to find in the wild, and Super Smash Bros and Majoras Mask 3d will be plentiful!

In typical Ciderman style I have yet to complete the training labyrinth of Etrian Odyssey on the DS! So I might have jumped the gun a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Nice find on katamari!

Got these this morning. I rented smugglers run back in the day and enjoyed it but realised I didn't have a copy

07013D30-CFD1-4D5C-B6BC-0EEB64AED2AC_zpsrq1kappw.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Was in xtravision earlier and decided to have a look at the games section - they have some 3DS/Wii/360/PS3 games marked at €4 each or 2 for €6. So nabbed these two, originally picked up Metal Gear Rising but he couldn't find it out back unfortunately. Probably a waste of 6 quid but feck it. :pac:

PfRV4fr.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,809 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xmas time haul. Got these from Touch fuzzy

TgRoLnBl.jpg

And got this from my friend in America, I owe him big time.

qk4LGMZl.jpg

CBvw2gPl.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Senran Kagura AND Akiba Strip? Both for the gameplay I'm sure :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,809 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Senran Kagura AND Akiba Strip? Both for the gameplay I'm sure :pac:

For 'research' purposes. I'm really interested in the social plights of the girls in senran kagura and how they empower women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Belated Christmas gift from Retr0, absolutely love it!
    Tumblr_m6sg2xVB321rqqhle_large.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Couple thinks picked up since start of January :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭80s Synth Pop

Couple thinks picked up since start of January :)

where did you manage to pick up the rosalina? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

where did you manage to pick up the rosalina? :eek:

At, I preordered her I think a day or two after they where announced on Amazon, think it was 16th Dec. So glad I did. And I ripped that box open tonight, she looks good, wouldn't pay anymore than the rrp though

• Advertisement

Rosalina looks like a nice nice design, might be the next one to buy, then a wait for Toad in the coming months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

a friend of mine sent me an old MSX game he found in his attic. I had the cart but not the box :D

1507927_10153062663498276_6659097902486983439_n.jpg?oh=9f5f4996691766553b2b2dd7e50c044d&oe=555CB068

My friends only seem to have cobwebs, dead pigeons and old copies of Shoot in their attic :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

My friends only seem to have cobwebs, dead pigeons and old copies of Shoot in their attic :(

I'm tapping into my French connections for msx stuff. My father worked for philips so a lot of my friends there had videopacs or MSX :P .

but lately I've been telling friends, family and colleagues that I collect retro games -which I have refrained from doing for the past 5 years for some reason.
    Not being subtle about it either :"oh by the way, I'm looking for old sega or nintendo games if you've any collecting dust" (ensues a discussion about my age and the relevance of still playing video games at the above-mentioned age ... )
    most haven't even got an attic but everynow and then they've a game or two, or a console or two :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got a pretty gigantic crt. I'll put up a pic after work but it has to steel bars that screw into the bottom so its possible to lift it

Hasnt been turned on in a while though so I'll have to put it in my boiler room for a bit to get rid of any dampness, thats the right thing to do yeah?

Master of the Universe

What brand/model is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

A Grundig have to check the exact size and model later

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Do your friends know you're sneaking about in their attics? :P

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Do your friends know you're sneaking about in their attics? :P

No, so keep it to yourself.
    Oh, and you really shouldn't grind your teeth at night....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Got this in the post this morning.

95DEC828-3D4C-4A2E-B3DD-F5452902608B_zpsm3zbnl7s.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement