Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No camera, forgot my ipad charger and since iOS 8 the thing just eats batteries so it barely lasted a day but got a few games namely:

Gitaroo Man (PS2 NTSC)
    Lufia (SNES NTSC)
    Lufia 2 (SNES NTSC)
    Dark Savior (Saturn NTSC)
    Grandia 3 (PS2 NTSC)
    Growlanser Generations (PS2 NTSC)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Who the hell is charging 50 euros for a Gamecube RGB cable? You should pay more than a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Who the hell is charging 50 euros for a Gamecube RGB cable? You should pay more than a tenner.

Yeah, £5.90 for RGB or £4.90 for S-Video (if it's not a PAL console) on consolegoods.co.uk

Pretty sure component isn't supported on PAL consoles so RGB is the only way to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GameCube RGB cables, they have the extra gubbins in them don't they?
    Meaning they shouldn't be used with a SNES or N64, or am I getting it wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

It's the component cables that have a chip in them iirc. A sfc rgb cable work on a pal GameCube.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

A proper SNES RGB cable will not work on a Gamecube (get a washed out overbright image) and a Gamecube one won't work on a SNES (get a image that fades to black after a few seconds).

Real pain in the ass :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,230 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sure you might as well throw the SFC scart cable into the mix too there for even more confusion. Doesn't work with a PAL Snes and vice versa.

I'm not sure how the NTSC Snes fits into the mix, it was always too ugly for me to welcome into my home :pac:

Neighbour dropped this in just now. Can't wait for some heavy metal pinball action!

B1A8BEDD-594C-41A2-AD30-47FB1C9621A2_zps0p2npivh.jpg

2015-02-05%252007.26.34.jpg

Set of new speakers for white water :D
    hopefully get them in this evening.
    should work nicely with the sub I got.

Im on the lookout for a cheat 10" 4ohm sub for tales from the crypt if anyone has one or spots one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got my Candy figure from Fighting Vipers this morning, found it on eBay by accident looking up something else

Make something new included on here if it's gaming related ?
    First attempt at felting, no pattern just did it by eye. I had it made but didn't have the eyes, whiskers or bow on.
    Picture sorry attachment didn't work for some reason.
    MrSaturn from Earthbound for anyone who wouldn't know, I think it's cute.

Master of the Universe

He's deadly :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    He's deadly :D
    Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it.
    He hasn't much balance that's kinda the only problem I had was I couldn't get him to stand so I think next time I would either do feet sticking out but have them like triangles and a flat bottom.
    Or I was thinking of making a base (styrofoam ball cut in half with felt on top) and pinning him into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not the most amazing post ever :)
    Anyway, had a bit of credit with Vistaprint so decided to do up a keyring for the keys for my Ridge Racer cab.
    As usual the print quality is crappy, but it was more or less free.

dx9G6O6.jpg

Master of the Universe

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it.
    He hasn't much balance that's kinda the only problem I had was I couldn't get him to stand so I think next time I would either do feet sticking out but have them like triangles and a flat bottom.
    Or I was thinking of making a base (styrofoam ball cut in half with felt on top) and pinning him into it.

Plush toys are for lying around on couches/beds like lazy bastards. Wouldn't be worried about him standing up. I really reset my Domo when I see how long he spends lying about the place. :pac:
    Steve SI wrote: »
    Not the most amazing post ever :)
    Anyway, had a bit of credit with Vistaprint so decided to do up a keyring for the keys for my Ridge Racer cab.
    As usual the print quality is crappy, but it was more or less free.

That's a really cool idea. I was going to try and get standard keyrings made up and do something similar, but think I prefer the credit card type look to your one. Looks the part.

That's a really cool idea. I was going to try and get standard keyrings made up and do something similar, but think I prefer the credit card type look to your one. Looks the part.

Nah, I'm not loving it to be honest. I'll probably have another go at it or make one up myself(clear plastic keyring, home print on dual sided photo paper).

Master of the Universe

That's something similar to what I was going to do, but I find those plastic keyrings a little touristy looking or something.

Like they should say 'I <3 NY' :pac:

Plush toys are for lying around on couches/beds like lazy bastards. Wouldn't be worried about him standing up. I really reset my Domo when I see how long he spends lying about the place. :pac:
    He's too small to be on the bed, maybe the coach if I had one, my dogs taken it over, so he's in the bookcase with my games. Lol
    I can't wait to have my own place and have plushes everywhere lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

ebay find. Payload for the MSX. a rare one and in English to boot.
    It's a sandbox/openworld truck driving type game. actually pretty good. played it for hours when I was a kid but due to a "lack of manual" I had no real idea of how to complete a mission. Still it got me to visit Japan north to south :D
    10342834_10153084728543276_5815640428392231622_n.jpg?oh=de25eec5132a3f15f151c61c6485fbed&oe=555AF193

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Never heard of it.

Interesting turning animation on the truck :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

it had to fit in 16K :) all of japan, in 16K ... :|

This arrived this morning.

a5LwfAj.jpg

IRBJBeh.jpg

This is usually stuck in the chassis at the back of the machine.
    Should make it a lot easier to adjust the Ridge Racer screen without using mirrors or uncooperative girlfriends :)

5mcnWjT.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

5mcnWjT.jpg

I used to own that :( What was the prob with the chassis in the end Steve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Picked up this boxed zip Stik joystick for my c64 last week which is incidentally Ashen's favourite joystick

of them all, even over the Competition Pro and the very same model I binned about 15 years ago!

d56DMrT.jpg

There's a good reason there was a delay in posting this get.

Head on over to this post in the Retro Repairs thread to see why!

Myrddin wrote: »
    I used to own that :( What was the prob with the chassis in the end Steve?

Well Grant gave me a run down on it over PM on J+

He replaced an IC,2 x resistors and a transistor.
    Also changed a load of electrolytic caps.

He said someone applied metallic heat conductive grease to the vertical ic and knackered all the tracks.
    Load of bad solder joints all over the chassis and a lot of bad electrolytic caps.

That was more or less what he said, seems to be working perfect now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Doge wrote: »
    Picked up this boxed zip Stik joystick for my c64 last week which is incidentally Ashen's favourite joystick

I don't know who Ashen is but he/she/it has good taste in joysticks! My absolute favourite stick for the C64 and Amiga days. Really great yokes they were.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I don't know who Ashen is but he/she/it has good taste in joysticks! My absolute favourite stick for the C64 and Amiga days. Really great yokes they were.

He's a youtuber. Generally reviews weird/out of date food, poundland crap and knock off electronics. Absolutely love his videos!

He's a youtuber. Generally reviews weird/out of date food, poundland crap and knock off electronics. Absolutely love his videos!

An excellent Youtube channel
    chef.PNG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

He said someone applied metallic heat conductive grease to the vertical ic and knackered all the tracks.

Interesting. When I bought the cab from Mitch, that vertical ic had failed. I bought a replacement for it, & one track lifted on me (I done a repair log on that track afair). The heat conductive paste was recommended to me (on the back of the ic heat plate) to help keep it cool & dissipate the heat. The tracks otherwise were all fine, & if not, I'd have repaired them as I did with the one that lifted. Also, the replacement worked, so the tracks couldn't have been damaged :confused::confused:

Regards the ic he replaced, perhaps that took the rest as it went (I think that's a thing with the Hanty's). I can say for sure I've never capped that chassis, or done anything else to it apart from the vertical ic replacement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement