Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Myrddin wrote: »
    Interesting. When I bought the cab from Mitch, that vertical ic had failed. I bought a replacement for it, & one track lifted on me (I done a repair log on that track afair). The heat conductive paste was recommended to me (on the back of the ic heat plate) to help keep it cool & dissipate the heat. The tracks otherwise were all fine, & if not, I'd have repaired them as I did with the one that lifted. Also, the replacement worked, so the tracks couldn't have been damaged :confused::confused:

Regards the ic he replaced, perhaps that took the rest as it went (I think that's a thing with the Hanty's). I can say for sure I've never capped that chassis, or done anything else to it apart from the vertical ic replacement

Well I did ask him to replace anything to future proof it as well. So he would have done a few caps etc that probably didn't really need replacing. I'm not up on the soldering really so not really sure about the vert ic.
    Either way she's all good now and the screen is looking well after some tweaking earlier.
    I hear that there's a sitdown ridge racer about to become available in Dublin, it was offered to me but I'll def have to see the size of it first :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=9312

They are a big/ heavy cab ..........

Hmm, it's fairly hefty alright. I've some storage space rented out in a couple spots around Dublin. I could (in theory) use one of those, would be a tight fit though and whats the point if i cant play/tinker with it at home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Recent MD Pickups, I was going for only CIB but recently have changed my mind to boxed. I can always upgrade along the way to CIB if I have some extra monies,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I always wanted a sit down Ridge Racer, ideally a twin sit down RR2! But I'd have to more or less disassemble the thing to get it through the house (and by disassemble I mean fully, as the width of the hallway and front door are smaller than the width of the sit down cab)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Thargor wrote: »
    Never heard of it.

Interesting turning animation on the truck :D

Like "Juggernauth" on the Sinclair Spectrum, but more fun :)

I got this "missing mountain" mod for whitewater,
    looks the part!(if your into plastic mountains that is)

Before and after
    2015-02-09%2B18.59.51.jpg2015-02-09%2B19.11.09.jpg

Definitely ties the game together
    2015-02-09%2B19.34.39.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got this "missing mountain" mod for whitewater,
    looks the part!(if your into plastic mountains that is)

Before and after

Definitely ties the game together

hgccf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Well after many years of 'thinking about it' here http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056405933/1/#post74675802 , I finally got a Dreamcast :)

Happy out with it, it's filthy dirty but otherwise it all work! So a brand new system for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Amazing how well kept this controller is considering it's age.
    8 euros on ebay from an Irish seller.
    yLSStzg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Probably from those Sealed Playstation 1s that where sold in Dublin a year or so ago. still have mine never opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

2015-02-09%2B19.11.09.jpg

Lets just hope your balls don't get stuck in Wet Willies!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    Lets just hope your balls don't get stuck in Wet Willies!

There's a Kenneth Williams photo incoming, and make no mistake....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

White Water looking nice! Cant wait till its mine.....

waynesworld-mine.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

NHL 97 CIB - New addition to my collection Thanks to Dodge!

I love the old Hockey games on the MD! I like to see how they evolved over the years.

Also got a replacement case so my games look even nicer now! Thanks man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I managed to order the Link Between Worlds soundtrack from the Stars Catalogue just in time!

NHL 97 CIB - New addition to my collection Thanks to Dodge!

I love the old Hockey games on the MD! I like to see how they evolved over the years.

Also got a replacement case so my games look even nicer now! Thanks man!

No problem man!
    Looks much nicer on your shelf alongside other EA titles, than it did shoved in a corner in my place. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up MM this morning.
    Just love that new Ninty game smell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Have a question that maybe you guys can help me with. The dreamcast I got during the week is kinda yellow, not crazy yellow but I did clean it up last night with just warm water and soap. That got rid of the dirt and grimm no problem, but now I want to get it back to its original colouring. I've seen a few people recommend to use toothpaste, like Arm & Hammer to get the yellow out. Now before I try this, would it work? or is the yellowing there to stay?

Cleaned up the controllers and they look good as new now, but there was no yellowing on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Toothpaste works like a super mild sandpaper, also works on yellow headlights on old cars. Its more of a "15 Clever things you can do with household items!" Buzzfeed style tip though, Im sure there are specialized products available that will do the job a lot better.

http://www.tested.com/tech/2505-why-your-old-super-nintendo-looks-super-yellow/

• Advertisement

Oh there's a special formula for getting your consoles back to minty white condition, I don't have it but there are those hereabouts that have made their own effective solutions, pun intended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I think it's called Retrobrite. Though I think you need sunlight for that, so good luck using it 80% of the year in Ireland.

I've heard of people using the Magic Eraser sponges on console yellowing to good effect, but I've never tried either myself.

I think it's called Retrobrite. Though I think you need sunlight for that, so good luck using it 80% of the year in Ireland.

I've heard of people using the Magic Eraser sponges on console yellowing to good effect, but I've never tried either myself.

I got a UV lamp from Amazon to use with retr0brite. works well actually.

I've already posted this in the Nintendo forum but figured it'd be as at home here!
    It's not the twin screened Nintendo handheld I was waiting for this weekend but it'll do!
    A Game&Watch multiscreen game Safebuster!
    And only €20 as well, which if a bargain for this game in such great condition.
    No box, inserts, instructions or polythene bags but who cares!
    It's fantastic, and only went up for sale this morning too.

MGI1NTg0OGU1ZGI5MGJiYzdlMmQ4OTY4OGU1ODJjMWZnMwApWIlMc4rb7suioEjGaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzE5YmJhZmJmOGM4OGYwZGUyOTljNjhiNGViYzA2N2MyMjQ2M2YwMjM3ODM0NWVmN2IzNTVkNzk4MWYxMGJkYS5qcGd8fDIwMHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

NGYwZjFlZGM2NGUwZTAwNTU5MjdhZGExZDI3Y2NlNWJ3jl_2G6WBwaDk-scj3jDZaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWJkY2YzNGYyZTRlM2ExMDgwY2UyMmNkNDczMDg5MmU1ZDMwZDRlY2Q3M2NkZmY5ZjI1ZWQwOWYxOTFmM2JlMC5qcGd8fDIwMHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,808 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Valentine's, birthday and one recent get. Love the monster world 4 figure!

sIEKkGil.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Valentine's, birthday and one recent get. Love the monster world 4 figure!

sIEKkGil.jpg

There was a time, not so long ago, Sauron would be tut tutting her way through that lot.
    Very nice collection indeed.
    Me, I got done diabetic chocolate and toffee, with the added twist of bowel irregularities if I eat it all at once!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've already posted this in the Nintendo forum but figured it'd be as at home here!
    It's not the twin screened Nintendo handheld I was waiting for this weekend but it'll do!

MGI1NTg0OGU1ZGI5MGJiYzdlMmQ4OTY4OGU1ODJjMWZnMwApWIlMc4rb7suioEjGaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMzE5YmJhZmJmOGM4OGYwZGUyOTljNjhiNGViYzA2N2MyMjQ2M2YwMjM3ODM0NWVmN2IzNTVkNzk4MWYxMGJkYS5qcGd8fDIwMHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

NGYwZjFlZGM2NGUwZTAwNTU5MjdhZGExZDI3Y2NlNWJ3jl_2G6WBwaDk-scj3jDZaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vOWJkY2YzNGYyZTRlM2ExMDgwY2UyMmNkNDczMDg5MmU1ZDMwZDRlY2Q3M2NkZmY5ZjI1ZWQwOWYxOTFmM2JlMC5qcGd8fDIwMHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

Dose hands tho...

xPAI5Qx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

fair play to you. saw it too late , there was already 20 offers on it :)

Sadly not my hands but those of the seller, nicked from his ad.
    My hands are frankly unappealing and more suited to darkness.....

• Advertisement

Sadly not my hands but those of the seller, nicked from his ad.
    My hands are frankly unappealing and more suited to darkness.....

Operation make cidey feel awkward is a failure then!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement