Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Aleste Gaiden is an exception though. It was never released as a cart. It was part of a Disk Station compilation.

http://www.illusionware.it/msx/aleste%20gaiden.htm

Sort of similar-ish but actually not really at all similar to stuff like this:

Devil_Blade_Sega_Saturn_Cartridge_Game_-_01.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We'll have to rename this thread
    "The LongZ and STG Otaku Sex U Up Thread"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    We'll have to rename this thread
    "The LongZ and STG Otaku Sex U Up Thread"

Had to be done:P

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Aleste Gaiden is an exception though. It was never released as a cart. It was part of a Disk Station compilation.

I didn't know that. I meant more along the lines of this. It's the thought of people trying to pass them off as the real thing when selling them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Had to be done:P

I was just gonna say, you can't leave a comment like that without the youtube link :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Tracked these down lately. R-Type III and Knights of the Round are both complete, which for either is tough enough to find. Boxes are bit tatty round the edges, but mostly in decent condition.

330tfv7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I didn't know that. I meant more along the lines of this. It's the thought of people trying to pass them off as the real thing when selling them.

Absolutely. Don't agree with that at all. With the Aleste Gaiden repro it's kind of good in a way because the Disk Station volume is hard enough to find in it's own right. Deserved an MSX cart.

For Extra Fever... :o

retromaniac_magazine___pile_of_msx_memories_by_juanjosetorres-d7uommi.png

Corholio wrote: »
    Tracked these down lately. R-Type III and Knights of the Round are both complete, which for either is tough enough to find. Boxes are bit tatty round the edges, but mostly in decent condition.

Pocky and Rocky, I love that game. Picked it up a while ago in a trade for some neo geo pocket stuff, have the two of them now on sfc. That's a real nice bundle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Pocky and Rocky, I love that game. Picked it up a while ago in a trade for some neo geo pocket stuff, have the two of them now on sfc. That's a real nice bundle.

Very cool game alright. I actually had Pocky and Rocky on PAL when I was younger, sold it for not that much to save up for N64. Could nearly buy a PS4 with the money I'd get for it alone now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Wood

Just realised I spent far too much money on Vampires Kiss. Drunken ebay is not fun.

Thank god i didn't go for CIB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Paypal should introduce a little drunk test when you are buying stuff online at obscure hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Found this for my filthy VIC20, just need a power supply.

Do C64 power supplies work with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Corholio wrote: »

330tfv7.jpg

Knights of the Round is amazing. It will always remind me of throwing money at it with my cousin playing for hours and eating greasy chips. Summer 1995, damn that's fecking ages ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

LongZ i think you should start firing up these videos in this thread, its nice to see a GET video for a change rather than just pics. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was in the CEX shop today and picked up this little gem,
    tZjshL1.jpg?1s
    Only six euro as well, happy days.
    I do love me some R-Type, whatever the format, and I have most of them although I have never tried this turn based variant.

Sadly Star Ocean for the PS2 is long gone, should've picked it up when I spotted it a couple of weeks ago!

This is only 38.99 in Argos at the mo so got myself a copy.

3D4B5E33-88F9-4324-8371-8ED23787BC18_zps1vzo8yaj.jpg

The whole business with Amazon and the feck up with the preorder price.
    But it's an amazing package at full price, at less than €40 it's brilliant value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Got some racing games on the Saturn the other day. Must try out the Manx TT sheep mode now.:D

xohc49.jpg

Manx TT is very good, though compares poorly to the arcade version tbh
    Plus, by that stage, the Playstation really had the racing genre covered.
    I think Sega Rally was the zenith of Saturn racing games.
    It slipped after that with the aforementioned bike racer and the awful Sega Touring Car.
    Virtua Racing on the format isn't terribly but it pales before the 32X version. The PS2 version is pretty great too.

On a related note, I received a Rally Bike/Dash Yarou pcb today!! :)

• Advertisement

I picked up the Samus Amiibo and the Luigi face plate today in Smyth's.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Manx TT is very good, though compares poorly to the arcade version tbh
    Plus, by that stage, the Playstation really had the racing genre covered.
    I think Sega Rally was the zenith of Saturn racing games.
    It slipped after that with the aforementioned bike racer and the awful Sega Touring Car.
    Virtua Racing on the format isn't terribly but it pales before the 32X version. The PS2 version is pretty great too.

There's a couple of good import Saturn racers like shutokou battle 97 and there's a touge one too. Other than that like you say, you're better off sticking to the playstation for racers.

The ps2 is stupid good for niche racers.
    I have the second Kaido title, always watching for the first one, i know you have then both.
    I must get the PS2 version of Tokyo Highway Battle, a favourite from the DC, as well as the associated Battle Gear 3, videos on Youtube look amazing.
    I have a copy of Critical Velocity awaiting me at home, its a spin off from Ridge Racer I only recently became aware of, with nice visuals and Chase HQ inspired missions.
    I'm hoping its not too difficult to figure out as it appears to be all in Japanese!

There are so many excellent racing games on the playstation family. Do check out import tuner challenge on the 360 if you haven't, pretty much a sequel to the highway challenge games and dirt cheap these days. There's also the fast and the furious game on the ps2 which is actually another highway racer despite the title.

If I'm buying off CEX I would only purchase in person, you can never tell what condition the game is in. If you are lucky enough to find a sought after game there is a good chance it has no manual. I've got a few cib games down in Omni, but seen many more without manuals or the disk is in bad shape. You can inspect the disc and ask them to clean it if necessary, in general if the disks have more than fingerprint marks I walk away. Going on what you say they don't really seem to care about their online sales, that alone would put me off ordering online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

They've definitely pissed me off on occasion. I've been looking for the first 3 pokemon movies at a good price for ages. I went in a while ago and found the second movie on the shelf. Took it to the counter and I was told "I literally just sold that without the case.."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sounds like you may be better off avoiding ordering online from them, as something is going awry somewhere along the line. If buying in person , best check both sides of each disk!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I was in CEX(the one near mary st) one morning about a year ago, the girl that works there was checking out a DSLR some guy was selling/trading in. She was eating toast over the camera while removing the lens(i am not ****ting you) :eek::eek:

I will never buy anything fragile in there after that and only in person if its a game as you need to check everything before walking out :0/

I've heard their online customer service is pretty non existent alright. A few people seem to have luck via their Twitter so give that a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'd a problem with a CeX order just there before Chrisrtmas. Feckin' Shenmue 2 for the Xbox never arrived. After many unanswered emails, I availed of the protection that Paypal offer me as a user of the service, & I initiated a dispute, & escalated to a claim. I was refunded pretty quickly, & was happy enough with that. About four weeks later I got a reply from one of my original emails :rolleyes: I told them thanks for getting back to me, but that I went the paypal route as my emails were ignored for so long.

If buying in store, I always (ALWAYS) check the discs before leaving the store. It's rare that I don't have to get at least one disc buffed every time I buy there. The staff in the Tallaght branch are always dismissive & it seems their job is a nuisance for them. The staff ion the Nutgrove store, are the complete opposite & are very very pleasant to deal with. I will still buy from them though, their prices are excellent in comparison to the competition, & will overlook their flaws for that reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement