Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I find the staff in the Santry branch to be pretty decent.
    The games do have to be checked though.
    That said, I have been in a queue, awaiting my turn to pay for my goodies and I've seen people being turned away who were selling games that were used as coasters and consoles with dodgy controllers, so somewhere the quality control is breaking down, perhaps it's down to the management of individual stores?
    Again, I've had zero complaints shopping in Santry's CEX branch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Speaking of CEX was looking through DS games to play and saw The first Layton game which I never finished. Thought I'd give that a go. Opened it up and the second Layton game is inside. Whoever packed it just shoved the game and manual in since the manual for the first game is already the. Another fecking DS game I'll have to try and pick up again and try and not get a pirate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

I got this sealed from a guy on adverts. Easily the nerdiest purchase I have ever made. My inner child is very happy right now.

24vlgg7.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Received yesterday at exactly 8am. Wife won't let me post a photo of him so here is an artists impression:

babystork.jpg

Best GET! EVER. He's mega and has hands built for a Seimitsu LS-56. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congrats mate! Brilliant news. Hope mother and baby are doing well and welcome to the best club in town! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Congrats mate! Brilliant news. Hope mother and baby are doing well and welcome to the best club in town! :cool:

Cheers Andrew. It is definitely the best club ever (alas he didn't come with a scratch card for Nintendo Points though :(:D)).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Congrats dude!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Congratulations, fantastic news
    "A new baby approaches!"
    "Enter Player 2!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

latest?cb=20110310204039
    Congrats!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

sugarman wrote: »
    Thats a really good idea actually, should have used paypal but I just assumed they would be some what decent given the size and creditability of the company.
    You've 40/45 days I think to file a claim, I dunno if you're in or out of time yet but you can file a claim and if they reply or arrive cancel it but you can't do it twice.
    I ordered Juon online from CEX but I never checked the box. I rearranged my room so I'll check it later with other stuff I got.

All these stories made me think of that time a guy in GS giving me and empty box, lucky it wasn't the first time and they sorted me out.

• Advertisement

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Received yesterday at exactly 8am. Wife won't let me post a photo of him so here is an artists impression:

babystork.jpg

Best GET! EVER. He's mega and has hands built for a Seimitsu LS-56. :D
    Congratulations! That's great news, hope mother and baby are doing well
    d293842f29eea0fff9c3b58634607629.jpg

Been on the road since 7.20am.
    Have monster get in the car!
    Stopped in limerick for food!

What Is It!

In b4 "Limo is scary place" posts
    Go anywhere nice or just fast food?

I'm in bunratty Castle!
    She's a big unit that's all I'm saying atm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm in bunratty Castle!

bragger_hat-r21c394b9ad0240fc97395d5b65aa506f_v9wfy_8byvr_324.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm in bunratty Castle!

Forgot its one of "those" ones. Id say its a beast! Whats the weight like?

Just in the door.
    Long day.
    Gonna make room and unload the car.
    Pics coming soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Come on!!! Get the show on the road!

Picked up Chrono Trigger NDS in GS earlier. Guy behind the desk was devastated I found it "trade it in when your finished so I can have it" lol he had a DSi and couldn't get a EU version

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Picked up Chrono Trigger NDS in GS earlier. Guy behind the desk was devastated I found it "trade it in when your finished so I can have it" lol he had a DSi and couldn't get a EU version

Honest chap. Could've easily done the ole "sorry I can't find the cartridge" trick and kept it for himself.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Honest chap. Could've easily done the ole "sorry I can't find the cartridge" trick and kept it for himself.
    He did but he was messing! I was like
    He's a nice fella, we chit chat every now and then especially if there's music on.

Come on!!! Get the show on the road!

Ok folks !
    there it is!

Williams roadshow!
    2015-03-07%2B15.56.04.jpg

needs alot of tlc:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So... do you have to put the balls in the mouths of the construction workers... ?

Star Lord wrote: »
    So... do you have to put the balls in the mouths of the construction workers... ?

yes....but one of them is a chick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Nice pin. Well done.
    How far west did you have to go to get it?
    How did you come across it?

Cheers.
    I believe it was on site in kilkee until a few years ago.
    Got it off an op that just does poker now. Said he skipped all the "old" stuff just last year ;(
    Roadshow was heading for the skip too :0

Cheers.
    I believe it was on site in kilkee until a few years ago.
    Got it off an op that just does poker now. Said he skipped all the "old" stuff just last year ;(
    Roadshow was heading for the skip too :0

How much did he sell it to you for?
    How much work does it need to be operational?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Wow awesome get, would love a Roadshow, an earth shaker and a GNR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

When you said you were in Limerick i thought Kilkee first, must be lots of arcade and retro hidden away in those seaside towns.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement