Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,053 ✭✭✭Doge

However....
    I've just noticed from giving the joystick a jiggle that it may be useless for the one game I bought it for....Wonderboy on the C64.

When I pull the joystick to the right it clicks fine, but if I push it forward as its held to the right it doesn't click.
    If I pull to the left and push forward it clicks fine with both actions.

So I may not be able to run and jump to the right in the game which is the whole point of wonderboy! :p

Thankfully I have a 1 month warranty which is great for a second hand store.

I'll have to fight off the temptation to open it up until I go back in and see what they'll do for me!

Shame as even though its no competition pro, it has a nice clicking action and the dual plugs for the c64.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

The second plug may be for a Spectrum, they used a different pinout to the rest of the civilised world.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dammit, I must get a Guncon 3 somewhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

marko93 wrote: »
    How much was it o.o

€175 in Argos, €50 off the normal price. :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dammit, I must get a Guncon 3 somewhere.

I was thinking you of you when I got it!

I would *like* to keep it for 2 player, but that doesn't come around quite often.

And for a retro meet up i'd like to get going in cork in september which lies in the hands of other people who would be hosting it if they decide to give it the go ahead.

I guess I could give a loan of it between beers if you liked, if I end up with no use for it I'd give it to you for the fiver I got it for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If it's the latter I'll go for it, but I won't borrow if that's ok.
    I'd just like to play Time Crisis 4 without a stupid Move controller in the way.

So went back into Cash Connectors about the joystick.

They offered a refund straight up.
    I told them i'd like to hold onto it and try repairing it myself and they gave me 3 euro back!

They also have technician in there that could repair it, but he was on holidays.

Delighted with the service and the fact everything carries a 1 month warranty.

I shall be going back to do more business!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

waveform wrote: »
    So went back into Cash Connectors about the joystick.

I shall be going back to do more business!
    The one here is pretty good, often get them to test things and they've no problems with that.

Sera wrote: »
    The one here is pretty good, often get them to test things and they've no problems with that.

Their prices are decent too out of all the second hand shops that aren't CeX or Gamestop.

Gamesmania were looking for €60 for a standard non-backlit Gameboy Advance SP, where as Cash Connectors are only looking for €30.

And there may even be some room for negotiation.

And btw that second plug isn't intended for the C64, so I wouldn't use it if I were you! :p

When you push the joystick left with both plugs in, it powers off the C64 most of the time and other times glitches it out with random text, colour and I saw some overflow error once!

I think I've accidentally stumbled upon a Circuit bending device for my C64! :D

• Advertisement

Told you it was a Spectrum joystick port. Its a different pinout so 'Left' on the Speccy is actually the '+5' on the C64 - so basically you've been shorting out the power supply !!

Told you it was a Spectrum joystick port. Its a different pinout so 'Left' on the Speccy is actually the '+5' on the C64 - so basically you've been shorting out the power supply !!

For some reason I missed your post yesterday!

Was just reading it was indeed for the spectrum on lemon64 a few minutes ago.

It's quite fun tripping out the c64 with all the random colours and text, but I wonder how long I can get away with it before a chip blows! ;)

Would be interesting to find out. Keep going Left and get back to us when you see smoke :)

It's the weird pinout for the Amstrad series of Spectrum computers.
    The original Speccy didn't have a joystick port but you added it on, there were a few types but the most popular by far was the Kempston Interface, it took a standard pinout joystick, a Competition Pro in my case. It worked on specific instructions programmed into games.
    You could use it in a C64 as well.
    The other popular one was a cursor based one where the interface emulated cursor button pushes, meaning as long as the game features user defined keys it was supported. I seem to remember Sinclair supporting this with their own Interface 2 device, this also included ports for game carts, afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

BAB77BEB-3A2E-4547-A9C8-96B1E29D1601_zps6mdoia8k.jpg

I've heard lassie is hilariously bad and I can't wait any longer for my copy of art academy to arrive from play Asia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Picked up a sweet Kid Icarus bundle for the 3DS. Game, used but with DLC and unscratched star points. Came with the official AR card folder and 170+ cards (no doubles).

Then got 2 sealed boxes of AR cards for a steal too hopefully boost it up a bit to nearer the full set of 400 cards. :)

NRhqdSb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lassie? I think a bag of chips would have been money better spent dude :P

At least you'd get some enjoyment of of the chips.
    Did they laugh at you at the counter?
    I suppose at least you saved it from landfill.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

urbanledge wrote: »

Photo of Atavan earlier today:
    capt.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I know, it's a new low :( what have I become?!

• Advertisement

91.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Picked up a sweet Kid Icarus bundle for the 3DS. Game, used but with DLC and unscratched star points. Came with the official AR card folder and 170+ cards (no doubles).

Then got 2 sealed boxes of AR cards for a steal too hopefully boost it up a bit to nearer the full set of 400 cards. :)

Sweeeet! Where did you manage to bag that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Can't be worse than that boyzone quiz game in fairness. Bring it to the next beers :p

I've heard lassie is hilariously bad and I can't wait any longer for my copy of art academy to arrive from play Asia.

What major differences are between Art Academy and the Pokemon edition, apart from the former costing 1c?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Built up a bit of WiiU collection since my wife got the console for her birthday ;) Got Injustice and ZombiU for 15 for both of amazon, Mario Bros was only 30 Euro in HMV in liffey valley.

20140710_200623.jpg

I also got this today, not gaming related but definitly retro! Ive been after it for ages. Ive about 30 more to get to complete the full run.

Transformers Marvel UK Comic Issue 1

IMG_20140710_143803.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I've heard lassie is hilariously bad

Some games are so bad you have to buy them for sh!ts and giggles, The Sniper 2 is one I'll buy if I ever see it in CeX.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

urbanledge wrote: »
    At least you'd get some enjoyment of of the chips.
    Did they laugh at you at the counter?

Guys some games are so bad that there fun to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Turns out those boxes of AR cards turned up a couple of gems.

The very first packet I opened contained the Gold wing Three Treasures card.

A nice start... then this showed up:

eVJm8Lo.jpg

According to the Kid Icarus wiki, this card is extremely rare to find in Europe and worth upwards of £50 (though eBay begs to differ, though those could be fakes?).

http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Pit_(Rally_Cry)_-_AR_Card

I don't know, or care enough about trading cards to look in to it further. Sweet find though I thought. It even says on the packets that the two diamond cards are the hardest to find. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Rare card?
    That sounds vague enough to be the Blue-Eyes White Dragon.

• Advertisement

Well heres a big'un!
    adding to the list of things I cant afford but buy anyway............
    S4jAB7jFX97WuHkh-fyiIerUN5ALVecYc5WMgKtLrZ0=w1598-h904-no

:D
    only thing is now I have a breading pair:eek:

z3s6jXIbhY19G77jz3gbhL0K7r7Go2h6BmZnpCKmw6Q=w557-h985-no2014-07-10+23.23.49.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement