Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got a batch of new loose carts :) and a new toy on the way
    10457861_10153180294188276_7835675201432916244_n.jpg?oh=d44e9f0373ea44ae9386767e56172941&oe=55AEC6D8

When I was buying Roadshow the dude had a few jukeboxes,
    One caught the misuses eye and we talked about getting it.
    Just rang the seller up there and did a deal!
    He said it worked when he put it there 2 years ago.I pluged it in on the day and it lit up but couldnt mess about with it.
    cant collect if for a month tho and it needs love but this is the model!
    Tackorama!

http://www.jukebox45s.co.uk/ritz-jukebox-extra-new.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Got some more sega saturn goodness today.:)

k20k28.jpg

:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That game was pretty groundbreaking, a compilation fighting game with adapted rules from the games, though I think it's dated a bit.
    The secret fighters are very cool, the AM2 logo, the Daytona car.

I always wondered though why they never produced a Racing Megamix, though it might have been far more difficult to do well.
    I'd still like to see it though there aren't too many of today's games players who remember Scud Race or Daytona 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That game was pretty groundbreaking, a compilation fighting game with adapted rules from the games, though I think it's dated a bit.
    The secret fighters are very cool, the AM2 logo, the Daytona car.

I always wondered though why they never produced a Racing Megamix, though it might have been far more difficult to do well.
    I'd still like to see it though there aren't too many of today's games players who remember Scud Race or Daytona 2.

I agree. There are some many of Saturn games that could definitely do with a modern make over. There is a kickstarter game called 90's Arcade racer supposed to be coming to Android but i'm surprised that they don't have Sega Lawyers after them!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/896834116/the-90s-arcade-racer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Outrun is perfection on the Saturn, I was playing it just the other day. If I had the money to spend on either that kickstarter or on Outrun I know what I'd be getting.
    P1060001_zpsvj70z1vc.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I especially like the Virtua Racing themed track just over half way through the video

I'm very sorry to report that I succumbed to buying crack cocaine for Cidonalad, namely two Skylanders Trapteam traps, which finally popped up back in stock in Smyth's after 6 months of no stock forthcoming.
    I'm very very sorry everyone.
    I hang my head in shame....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm very sorry to report that I succumbed to buying crack cocaine for Cidonalad, namely two Skylanders Trapteam traps, which finally popped up back in stock in Smyth's after 6 months of no stock forthcoming.
    I'm very very sorry everyone.
    I hang my head in shame....

Ohh dear. Quick... bring balance back to the universe by buying up a bunch of amiibos.

So, I bit the bullet and traded in a lot of stuff i haven't played in a long time and picked up Bloodborne.
    Let the bells ring out!
    Ciderman has another Soul's game he won't ever have the talent to finish!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So, I bit the bullet and traded in a lot of stuff i haven't played in a long time and picked up Bloodborne.
    Let the bells ring out!
    Ciderman has another Soul's game he won't ever have the talent to finish!

Don't worry dude, you'll have traded it in long before you get close to finishing it. :P

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Don't worry dude, you'll have traded it in long before you get close to finishing it. :P

Probably only to buy it back again to finish it, questions will have to be asked about this whole A&R mod thing. Cidermans action are becoming quite worrying.:(

Probably only to buy it back again to finish it, questions will have to be asked about this whole A&R mod thing. Cidermans action are becoming quite worrying.:(

Is this a coup?

Infamy!
    Infamy!
    They all have it infamy!

Is this a coup?

Infamy!
    Infamy!
    They all have it infamy!

No, not at all. If you didn't make purchases like that, then I'd worry. We're all used to your purchasing patterns by now, I'm waiting to pick up Resident Evil Revelations 2 myself, finally picked up a physical copy of Link Between Worlds and Bravely Default too a while back, I do succumb to the lure of current gen stuff myself from time to time:o I did get some nice Jap ps1 games during the week to balance things out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Is this a coup?

Infamy!
    Infamy!
    They all have it infamy!

You're just looking for a pic of that Carry On star, aren't you?

Fine!!!

Star Lord wrote: »
    You're just looking for a pic of that Carry On star, aren't you?

Fine!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Slowly but surely building up a nice little wii u library.

538A6538-ACF1-416E-A023-1194DD9C8A76_zpshbcmz5cu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,225 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hah, check out this email I got in relation to my PGM kit.

I am assuming what he's trying to say is that the batteries were swapped out. Still, dat English :eek:

Hi
    your item sent, i have send a number by paypal system.please tracking it
    Sorry. i need let your know a INFO about this game kit(I just got it info on yesterday.

). the PGM IGS have a Battery of motherboard is rot. Because lot of 140 kit on

warehouse over 5 years never open. So the China cargo owner have change a new. it is

not a original(system workind good) When you get the item,please look and test. if

you feel this problem is NOT recognized.please let me know.i will refund and please

Well, their English is a lot better than my Chinese!
    Heck, with a few drinks on me their English is better than my English!

On a brighter note
    I hopped in to the PSN store and, in their Easter sale, picked up Peggle 2 Master thingy something edition for €6 and Putty Squad for about €4.
    Both look gorgeous and the latter is a HD Amiga fuelled trip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Well, their English is a lot better than my Chinese!
    Heck, with a few drinks on me their English is better than my English!

On a brighter note
    I hopped in to the PSN store and, in their Easter sale, picked up Peggle 2 Master thingy something edition for €6 and Putty Squad for about €4.
    Both look gorgeous and the latter is a HD Amiga fuelled trip!

Watch this video on Putty Squad its brill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFrkmaiUXhE

• Advertisement

Watch this video on Putty Squad its brill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFrkmaiUXhE

I get the dislike but it's not really appreciating what it is, which is a HD Amiga game, and I like it.
    At least it's not handholding the whole way through.
    And it cost feck all.
    So I'm sticking with it for a while longer, at least until Bloodborne stops mocking me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A few Xbox originals too cheap to pass up over the weekend

Just nipped into a local charity shop to spy a lovely boxed copy of New Super Mario Bros for the Wii.
    Upon opening however it contained the disk for Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort, not too bad, as well as picking up a copy of Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 for the PS2.
    Throw in a couple of books and one of the lousy Star Trek films on DVD that I don't own, because it's lousy, and that's €3 well spent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Is ToeJam & Earl III any good?

MrVestek wrote: »
    Is ToeJam & Earl III any good?

God no!

God no!

Its a 6/10 game, but still enjoyable tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked up a new adapter for my gq-4x so I can pretty much program anything now, I previously had an adapter from a different programmer but this one can do everything. Time to start converting stuff and finally work on my CPS1 board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Picked up a new adapter for my gq-4x so I can pretty much program anything now, I previously had an adapter from a different programmer but this one can do everything. Time to start converting stuff and finally work on my CPS1 board

Im interested in this but knowledge is zero. Research needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Guess what Ed got :

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

A brick of cocaine wrapped in packaging tape?

Congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement