Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

A brick of cocaine wrapped in packaging tape?

Congrats!

Close, its the shape i thought you might guess.
    Arcade machine related and its 10 inches long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

eddhorse wrote: »
    Close, its the shape i thought you might guess.
    Arcade machine related..

Can you add a banana for scale?
    :)

control panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I know, it's an elephants leg umbrella stand. To hold your umbrella while you're playing your cab.
    15372834_1_l.jpg

control panel?

No bananas and its about the size of a banana

• Advertisement

I know, it's an elephants leg umbrella stand. To hold your umbrella while your playing your cab.
    15372834_1_l.jpg

Haha no but now that you mention it do you have an ebay link?

Maybe it was a bit ambiguous.

Its an ATI graphics card.

Got it on adverts, small piece of bubble wrap and that brown tape.
    Worst packaging ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Im interested in this but knowledge is zero. Research needed.

I'm doing 3 board conversions at the minute, one cps1 and two cps2 boards, I'll post how I get on, but so far so good:D

I know, it's an elephants leg umbrella stand. To hold your umbrella while you're playing your cab.
    Almost!

The fact he had that pic says it all.

Just something i had in the camera roll. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Took the plunge and ordered a very big Grail GET for me. Probably the most I'll ever pay for a single game but something I've been pining after for a long time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Took the plunge and ordered a very big Grail GET for me. Probably the most I'll ever pay for a single game but something I've been pining after for a long time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bubble-Bath-Babes-Original-Nintendo-NES-Grail-Minty-Label-Works-L-K-FLF-/281471905377?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4189086e61

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

My recent PSP purchase along with the MH games for it, the doubles are from an ebay lot that had Portable 3rd, which CeX didn't have. Nice little machine although I must see if there's a grip out there for it, I can't use the Vita or 3DS XL without theirs now I must admit. Also got a couple of memory cards for it and tested out that CFW, easiest 'hack' ever that, so will run the games from memory card instead. :)

Xe874ljh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Maybe it was a bit ambiguous.

Its an ATI graphics card.

Got it on adverts, small piece of bubble wrap and that brown tape.
    Worst packaging ever.

Thank god, I was wondering "What's a fleshlight got to do with arcade games?"

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Star Lord wrote: »
    Thank god, I was wondering "What's a fleshlight got to do with arcade games?"

:pac:

You probably never want to know the truth behind that question.

A hack of Time Crisis?
    Where's the cover pedal?
    You do what??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Not videogame related but I found a Star Trek Type II Phaser in a comic book store a few days ago for a decent price.

There's something... not quite right about it though. Here's an unboxing video for anybody that's interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

nice one vestyboy ! :)

got these sent to me , not easy to find msx magz these days. And the Speed King for my Amiga
    11080954_10153212822688276_8229715169114693847_n.jpg?oh=3fcc20141ae294352903808b1a13c21f&oe=559D1984&__gda__=1437439634_4625e33cab1c13cea67f6313da9723bc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Picked up a US Xbox from Mitch a while back. Only got around to it now to see if it worked etc. It needed a proper clean up, and I had to make up a power lead for a US plug that I had spare. It powered up fine, but the drive kept ejecting. A quick disassembly & some clear grease on the drive rails & cogs and it's back working fine. Great Success!

• Advertisement

Just sold the Retr0 hating Megadrive in a stick, with added SDcardness, and picked up the ultra cheap Pokemon White 2 in Argos for 10.99, happy days.

The stick hadn't been used in sometime, the limitations of a MD on a chip is just too much to ignore.
    The Nomad and region free MD plus the Everdrive kinda have it all covered anyhow.

Nice freebie I picked up this evening
    2ik400n.jpg
    Now I need a composite scart cable and an sd2iec for it, anyone ever used a sd2iec?

My gods, an Australian C64!
    G'day mate!
    Throw another... shrimp on the barbie!

Nice freebie I picked up this evening

Lucky fecker nabbing that for free! And it's the better looking model too. ;)

My first games machine that was. Remember getting a Quickshot joystick from QTH many moons ago for it, then a microswitch version later on - anything to shave a few tenths off that Track & Field 100m record. Fun times. :)

Better looking model ;)
    Was my first computer too, My bro had a ZX Spectrum 48k rubber keybard which I played a bit when I was very young but the C64 was my proper first computer.
    So many games I wanna play again
    power drift
    outrun
    rick dangerous
    bomjack2
    commando
    bluemax
    micro prose soccer
    winter games
    summer games
    skate or die
    spy hunter
    metro cross
    bionic commando
    Uridium
    leaderboard golf just for nostalgic reasons "looks like you hit a tree jim"

and the list goes on
    Wouldn't mind an old game of jezzball for the 386 running windows 95 come to think of it!

Aye, there's a mountain of great games for it: Turrican, Last Ninja, Bruce Lee, Bubble Bobble, Rainbow Islands, Pitstop 2, Target Renegade & Platoon (awesome music both of them had)...

Two of my personal favourites were Buggy Boy and Usagi Yojimbo - you can't get cooler than a samurai rabbit that can decapitate ninjas! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Buggy Boy was awesome. Put plenty of hours into that game.

Turrican 2 and Flimbo's Quest were two other personal faves.

I forgot about buggy boy, that sound when you collect things, quality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Buggy Boy was the first C64 game I put on my bartop when I was setting up C64 with HS. I think I actually might have the cassette still!

• Advertisement

I forgot about buggy boy, that sound when you collect things, quality
    Myrddin wrote: »
    Buggy Boy was the first C64 game I put on my bartop when I was setting up C64 with HS. I think I actually might have the cassette still!

Had to YT it to remember the sound. Forgot about the football too! Such a great game. :cool:

On an unrelated note, every time I've thought about joining the PS4 club I've always said, not til The Last Guardian is released or at least confirmed. Well, after yesterday's news I couldn't resist any longer. :P

Seemed an ok deal in Argos so picked it up earlier. Thanks to EnterNow and ultimate_condom for the helpful advice, cheers lads. :)

HUVm0SLh.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement