Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Enjoy TLLoU, I don't use the word masterpiece often but that game is definitely up there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn you Nintendo!
    Now I own yet another edition of Super Mario 64!
    This time on WiiU...
    And it's still lovely!

But, come on now, bring us GameCube to the VC, please!

This completes my RE Gamecube collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

While in GS Santry, pondering the frankly epic 50 euro price on Xenoblade Chronicles for the 3DS I was distracted and bought, instead, the filth that is Senran Kagura Burst for a mere 19.99 new.
    Couldn't pass it up, it's getting harder.... harder to find that is in shops and certainly never at that price.
    Xenoblade will have to wait, or I'll just play the Wii version!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenoblade is only worth it if you have 120 hours of your life to spend. It takes that long to beat without wandering off to do side quests (although side quests are still essential since it's where you make significant XP gains.

It's a pity because it's such a great game and the story really only comes into it's own in the last third, I was especially impressed with how brave it was in how it handled relationships in two cases. It was very mature and different and far from the usual boy meets girl, **** happens, they get over it and fall in love.

• Advertisement

I'll pick it up eventually I'm sure, but with Bloodborne occupying the handful of hours I seem to have for gaming I can't see myself being treated to 120 hours extra anytime soon!

Just ordered Splatoon from Gameseek for the rock bottom price of €35 shipped to ParcelMotel.
    Not too bad at that.
    Now to further prove my Ninty fandom and preorder the triple pack of Splatoon Amiibo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Picked up this from a market in Cork this morning, nice to get the 'Mattel' version too. Works perfect as well.

2iu9x1i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Corholio wrote: »
    Picked up this from a market in Cork this morning, nice to get the 'Mattel' version too. Works perfect as well.

2iu9x1i.jpg

Nice get! Which market did you pick it up from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Doge wrote: »
    Nice get! Which market did you pick it up from?

Rathcormac car boot sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,055 ✭✭✭Doge

Corholio wrote: »
    Rathcormac car boot sale.

Thats a decent one alright, i picked up a commodore 64 for 20 quid many moons ago down there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I know, it's an elephants leg umbrella stand. To hold your umbrella while you're playing your cab.
    15372834_1_l.jpg

Kinda reminds me of this. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Firefox11 wrote: »
    tumblr_m7kbt9p2491qlxrqio1_500.jpg

Picked up the Meta Knight Amiibo today for €20, a Japanese import.
    Delighted to have it for a reasonable price, it's going for mad money online.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Delighted to have it for a reasonable price, it's going for mad money online.

As nice as I think Amiibo's are...I'm so ****ing glad I've stayed away from them :o

Myrddin wrote: »
    As nice as I think Amiibo's are...I'm so ****ing glad I've stayed away from them :o

I know.
    I only have a couple myself.
    Mario, Samus, Link, Kirby, Villager and now Meta Knight.
    I don't even play Super Smash Bros, though I do own it.
    Really, I'm after the Kirby themed ones as a fan of the franchise, and the Yarn Yoshi ones look superb, so I'll be trying for the lot of those, although functionally they'll probably be no different than the Yoshi Amiibos already released in the Smash Bros and Super Mario series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Are the Amiibo's decent quality plastics, as in stand alone collectible quality?
    Or cheap feeling with lots of imperfections in the finish and plastic?

Might pick up a few if the models are decent enough.

They seem fine so far, though there have been reports of faulty ones, in terms of the molds, but these have actually been fetching more money!
    Some are more complex than others, so the Mario or Yoshi Amiibo are less complex than Samus or Zelda, by virtue of the intricacy of the model and the painting.
    All in all it is very expensive DLC, with not much unlocked for your €16, unless you own key games, like Super Smash Bros, in which case you can train your onscreen avatar of the Amiibo and store it's stats on the figure, fight with it, fight alongside it and so on.
    I've not seen any such options in other Amiibo compatible titles, aside from a glorified minigame in Captain Toad, where it unlocks a "where's wally" type scenario as you try to find a little pixelated Toad sprite somewhere on every level, obtaining a badge.
    I was hoping for more tbh, though I can see this being an ongoing thing and more improved reasons for owning them becoming apparent with time, at least I hope so!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Are the Amiibo's decent quality plastics, as in stand alone collectible quality?
    Or cheap feeling with lots of imperfections in the finish and plastic?

Might pick up a few if the models are decent enough.

They're about €15 I think? Set your expectations accordingly I would say. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Andrew76 wrote: »
    They're about €15 I think? Set your expectations accordingly I would say. :pac:

Thought they cost more than that. Must have a look so :)

• Advertisement

€15 tops, according to Argos anyway, link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

don't do it, €30 for each type will add up quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was like Christmas today when the postman arrived :D

Can't wait to get stuck into this. Sega 3D Fukkoku archives. Nice little collection which Has all the 3D sega games on it. Space harrier, bare knuckle, fantasy zone, shinobi, Ecco and of course outrun.

FB372388-807F-407C-B66C-DA759ECB227A_zpsthabudwi.jpg

However the big GET is this. So so happy to finally have it.

EC34A33F-70A2-4F5F-B837-98191F76EAC7_zpsqjz33xmk.jpg

Pulseman on the megadrive CIB. One of those titles I've really wanted, especially because game freak made it and it's a very solid platformer, but that I've noticed just rising in value over the last couple of years and I Figured I'd just get it now before it gets too crazy.

Wow, Pulseman looks fresh off the toy shop shelf!
    Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wow, Pulseman looks fresh off the toy shop shelf!
    Well done!

I'm guessing it sat on the toy shop shelf for a while because the spine is sun faded, but I don't really mind at all :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,225 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm guessing it sat on the toy shop shelf for a while because the spine is sun faded, but I don't really mind at all :P

You lucky git!!

I put off buying that game for some stupid reason. There was a time when you could get it for 40-50.
    No chance of that now :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

A word of warning to anybody searching for pulseman on Ebay. :eek:
    $_12.JPG

$_12.JPG

What the fup is that supposed to be?

Lol ffs, an ole NSFW link would've been helpful! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

What the fup is that supposed to be?

I'm not exactly sure, but I'm happy in my ignorance. I think it helps you achieve higher scores in Pulseman if you're wearing it, this may or may not be the truth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement