Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm not exactly sure, but I'm happy in my ignorance. I think it helps you achieve higher scores in Pulseman if you're wearing it, this may or may not be the truth.

To be used in conjunction with a DC trance pack, and plenty of lube?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Could be Nintendo's new 'wearable quality of life' tech.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I was really wondering if game prices will ever come down again. Like will any of us ever see games that sell for 1000s now loose a decimal place?

I checked out pulseman prices and really regret not picking it up a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,225 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I guess once they all start to suffer from bit rot and leaking capacitors the prices will plummet fairly fast :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I was really wondering if game prices will ever come down again. Like will any of us ever see games that sell for 1000s now loose a decimal place?
    Usually when it's brought out again like on digital download no?

• Advertisement

Not for general collecting, like the digital release of earthbound didnt really effect the price I dont think. Like any game can be played digitally after a few minutes on google �� and with the likes of the everdrive they can be played on original hardware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There will come a point where people will say "y'know, I'm not going to remortgage my house just to get a loose copy of earthbound" and prices will start to drop. By how much I don't know. But I'd very much doubt we'll be seeing the days where you could pick up a decent collection of games for pocket money. If there is a significant enough drop what you might see is those people who were buying up loads of games to resell start to flood the market with their stock so they don't have loads of games that are "worthless" to them. Which would be great IMO. I remember when I started getting interested in retro games in 2008/9 €50 was the higher end of the price scale and picking up megadrive games on eBay for silly prices like €6 posted was common.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,225 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

One thing which may hamper a drop is people not wanting to sell at a loss.

If I spent €250 on Earthbound for example, I'm not going to let it go for €150. I've quite a few things in my collection that I'd only ever sell if I were to at least get what I paid.

It really just boils down to demand. At the moment, retrogaming is 'cool' and prices reflect as such. It wasn't 'cool' when many of us started collecting years ago, which made things cheaper.

How long that spotlight will stay on classic videogame collecting who knows. I don't see it going away anytime soon though.

Yeah thats pretty much my view aswell, cant see it going away soon. Toy collecting is gone the same way aswell I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up this trio of faulty boards. Double Dragon, Thunder Hoop, Pit Fighter.

16468447654_bb9b02a240_z.jpg

Good scrubbing and cleaning the sockets got Pit Fighter work again - horrible game btw, wonder if it can be converted ?

Double Dragon has no audio (common fault) but its missing caps and the ones remain are wrecked so hoping for a quick fix. Played through to the end but not the same without the sound track.

Thunder Hoop is missing sprites, audio, bad colour but entertaining enough (on mame) so worth attempting to fix anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thunder Hoop... He he...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Ah jaysus pitfighter, that brings back memories!

One of the first games I remember playing.
    In the black church in on the N7.
    I bet the cab is still there. What a dump

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice to see the green of PCBs in this thread again! Been too long. Although not exactly thrilling to hear you got Pit Fighter working, even worse than Dino Rex that is! :pac:

Hopefully you can get Double Dragon back to 100%, all time classic arcade game that is. :cool:

"Yaay! Pit Fighter is working again " said no one, ever.

Next week, Bandit repairs a Rise of the Robots cart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice to see the green of PCBs in this thread again! Been too long. Although not exactly thrilling to hear you got Pit Fighter working, even worse than Dino Rex that is! :pac:

Agreed, good to see people still picking these up.
    I only own two, a 60-in-1 and 1943.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

How did you get on with the CPS2/Super Street Fighter II board(s)? All working fine I hope, the fan needs replacing from what I remember.

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    How did you get on with the CPS2/Super Street Fighter II board(s)? All working fine I hope, the fan needs replacing from what I remember.

Ya CPS2 works perfect, fan is loud alright but I'll replace that when I strip it down for a clean up.

Anyone know if the CPS2 game stickers/label are available ?

Many thanks to LongZ for King's Valley cart :) MY MSX finally has a purpose now !!

16889986487_05eeb87bd3_z.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That game was great fun, hopefully I can find a MSX and a copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

Many thanks to LongZ for King's Valley cart :) MY MSX finally has a purpose now !!

16889986487_05eeb87bd3_z.jpg

nice!
    now you need an MSX2 :D

Theres a game that looks like kings valley I used to play with my uncles when I was a kid.
    I could never remember the game or the system but the system took carts in the back and had a separate tape deck.

it was the same side on view but there was more levels and I think bats would swoop down and attack you.
    I think you could see above ground but the main gameplay was underground.

any ideas?

Edit
    I think the character was almost a stick man too!

Picked up Deadly Premonition at last, not the PS3 version but the 360 original.
    I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, or if I like it when I do, but couldn't go wrong for a tenner in CEX.
    They also had a copy of No More Heroes for the PS3, a game I never see out there, but it was 18 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Picked up this defender cab off Mitch today!
    Was butchered into a poker machine,but my plan is to restore it back to its original glory.
    I will post a restoration thread when i get started but it will by no means be a a fast paced event.

Thats gonna be sweet as,
    Defender is on the 19-1 hori board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Theres a game that looks like kings valley I used to play with my uncles when I was a kid.
    I could never remember the game or the system but the system took carts in the back and had a separate tape deck.

it was the same side on view but there was more levels and I think bats would swoop down and attack you.
    I think you could see above ground but the main gameplay was underground.

any ideas?

Edit
    I think the character was almost a stick man too!

Doesn't quite look like it, but it reminds me of Roland on the Ropes, which was set in pyramids, used to play it in our neighbours house on their Amstrad CPC464

fred_aka_roland_on_the_ropes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

...sooo, this arrived :)

20698_10153237749348276_9048380368297353364_n.jpg?oh=c8811098034bad6c568e0c1ac3508b78&oe=55996495&__gda__=1436956667_105837818604e6daeb51b6ad078eab62

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Star Lord wrote: »
    Doesn't quite look like it, but it reminds me of Roland on the Ropes, which was set in pyramids, used to play it in our neighbours house on their Amstrad CPC464

fred_aka_roland_on_the_ropes.gif

Or maybe house of usher on the amstrad?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQ4hhwUieg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

What we're seeing now is an asset bubble, so yes, prices should come down with a crash some time, but only once they have reached laughable levels, which could take a while.

Buy an Everdrive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

On that subject 1 euro is equivalent to the dollar now, so buying ntsc + postage costs doesn't seem worth it anymore

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement