Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked Dragon Crystal and Virtua Cop in PS2 on sale in Game Over in Amsterdam

Probably would have been cheaper to buy them on eBay and have them posted here, though you'd not have gotten as high!

Picked up that Garegga Boot over on AO a few weeks back and got the sound fixed on it, game is incredible!

r1NVU3Ul.jpg

Also mpatou kindly burned me up some of English Wonderboy in Monsterland Roms he decrypted from the wii vc release. Great to have a legit set of English roms on my board.

SAisBqkl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Deadly post Mozie, Im always fascinated by people burning roms to a board.

Is it difficult, any tutorials around or is it board specific?

eddhorse wrote: »
    Deadly post Mozie, Im always fascinated by people burning roms to a board.

Is it difficult, any tutorials around or is it board specific?

Full credit to mpatou who done incredible work on extracting and decrypting the wii vc release and getting them woking on legit hardware. The roms themselves can be found here

Edit: no ROM links

In fairness the guy is really sound, I sent him a few pics of my board and he burned me a set of suitable roms for the cost of a few chips. Played it all the way through and its perfect, he even managed to fix a bug which the tornado which was found in the vc release. Full details are on the thread over here:

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27247

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Curious, why source these roms from the Wii VC releases rather than ones dumped from actual hardware? Are these files not correct in Mame, and as such, normally ripped ones won't work on real boards?

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Curious, why source these roms from the Wii VC releases rather than ones dumped from actual hardware? Are these files not correct in Mame, and as such, normally ripped ones won't work on real boards?

The Wii VC release was the first official english translation of the game. The game was never released originally outside of Japan and all boots which did make it west had awful engrish translations which made completely no sense and crappy title screens. The English version released on the Virtual Console was confirmed to be 100% genuine by Ryuichi Nishizawa, the main programmer of thr game. Hackers extracted these roms and I believe they are in MAME now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sugarman wrote: »
    Said gets :D
    suvec5.jpg

Actually found the games in a charity shop that usually has nothing! €1 a pop!:D:pac:

€1 for the controllers too? Brilliant find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Probably would have been cheaper to buy them on eBay and have them posted here, though you'd not have gotten as high!
    I was there to see my friend Liz anyway and they were €3 so why not. I picked up some Mario socks too, I'll post a picture later

Was over there a month a so ago, nice stuff but prices were a bit mad. Found a market not far from it tho that had a few bits and pieces that were more reasonable.

Also, some very nice gets to post later.
    Near where? I was at the monthly market at the weekend on the Docks in a warehouse, had some game stuff but just got Sniper 2. The stuff that was on reduced in Game Over was all I got.
    I'm not an encyclopedia of game prices so I wouldn't know much, there wasn't anything I needed to get or was dying for.
    I wasn't there strictly to game shop either or could suit myself and keep looking for places since it was my friends birthday. Arcade was much more fun than finding games.

Near game over (Took me ages to find btw!) ..I was just walking around, not really knowing where I was going and came across a market. Think it was called Noordermarkt? ...Was a flea market with a bit of everything. Mostly newer ps2/3 xbox/360 stuff etc..

Where was the arcade??!?!

Like yourself, was just over for a friends conference.. had few hours to kill on my own during the day so went on a wander to G.O.
    Its in the Red Light District called The Ton Ton Club, it's super cute, mentioned it on the discussion, it has a ball pit for adults, the letterbox is a coin slot.
    Lucky! I'll know for next time and my friends can check it out too, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Its in the Red Light District called The Ton Ton Club, it's super cute, mentioned it on the discussion, it has a ball pit for adults, the letterbox is a coin slot.

Adult ball pit in the red light district could be read the wrong way... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I think I saw that the last time I was there but I got in ridiculously early in the morning so it wasn't opened yet.

Was in Liz's shop last week too, her dog is so cute!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Adult ball pit in the red light district could be read the wrong way... :eek:
    I realize but that's where it is if anyone is looking.
    They're gonna have a giant claw game in the ball pit soon lol.
    I have photos in general discussion if anyone is interested

Liz got me this adorable Ness hama bead in a frame when she was at a con (she got a Yoshi's Island one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,225 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well I caved and bought one of these beauties.

First XL Nintendo console I've owned. The difference :eek: it's like I've been playing all my 3DS games the wrong way.

Roll on Xenoblade Chronicles...

3dsxl_zps1nensogl.jpg

Oh and guess who just discovered that she can walk across arcade machines. :eek:

ponyccat_zpsmbdob9p7.jpg

Nice!! Xenoblade plays alright but it looks a bit rough in fairness, Wii defo preferable but if ya cant go that the 3ds is an achievement in itself!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lol that cat would be tomorrow nights stew if that was my cab! :pac:
    You not worried about the glass/plastic getting scratched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Or static from the cats feet?

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »

Ah she's fine, they have their claws retracted when walking around on surfaces like that. Even if they were out they wouldn't really do anything as they're light little creatures. Worst she's done is a few paw prints in the dust :pac:
    Steve X2 wrote: »
    Or static from the cats feet?

Full metal encased cabs FTW. Ain't any static getting in there!

The only issue with her and the cabs is making sure the service doors stay closed at all times. Now THAT would be a disaster :eek:

That reminds me,
    last week me a few friends were fairly smashed in mine.
    we were playing white water and there was a bit of a problem with the game so we had the glass off to fix it at least twice.
    played a game and the problem came up again so we opened the door to take the glass off and the cat jumped out!
    shes 100% deaf so didnt give a fook about the noise.
    if we had of fixed it the first time she would of been in there all night because the juke box was blasting !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

My cat
    did stick his head in the blast city door before, thank god i wasnt pealing him off the inside.

He does hop up on the pinball table the odd time, just to be a prick, id say hes max 1.5kg so i wouldnt worry about it too much.

Being a cat and underneath a pinball thats on the go must be some light show haha

Couple of CPS2 games arrived this week, been on the lookout for these for a bit.

UkI67Ev.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »

Retractable claws man, like dogs only better :D

Master of the Universe

1944 The Loop Master, you jammy git! :D enjoy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    Retractable claws man, like dogs only better :D

Sounds like they'd make useful toothpicks for after my cat stew! :P

Couple of nice gets there though, the XL and 1944. Tasty! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

Picked up the first Pokemon movie in CEX on the way home from work today. Haven't seen it since I bought it on VHS when it released, ha. My DVD player says it can play badly scratched DVDs, time to put it to the test...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Does the cat have a name yet Oisin?

More stuff for the pile.

WG 7100 25" and Seibu soccer

eddhorse wrote: »
    More stuff for the pile.

WG 7100 25" and Seibu soccer

Das a hudge biatch!

• Advertisement

Das a hudge biatch!

Seems lighter than the Kortek 26". Bracket helps i guess.

I do have a 240v->120v so just need the video connector.
    Anyone know the type?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement