Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Cho Aniki! boom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Taromaru?!

Yeah. By far and away the most expensive game I bought and the only copy of it I saw over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,225 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You mad bastard :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,805 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You mad bastard :pac:

That's the expression the clerk in A Too had on his face when I said I wanted to buy it. In fairness it came in a lot cheaper than the usual ebay copy goes for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Taromaru?!

That was the very first thing I thought too. Unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

At last, Fragile Dreams turned up here at work, and rather minty it is too.
    Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

ding dong :D !!

10650049_10153306839988276_2103199579509365395_n.jpg?oh=43c8e759341fc558981fd2054091119e&oe=55DC5B06&__gda__=1439513615_c049652d650c9a1fbdee1d4c738a24d4

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know it's barmy, but I love that film, saw it in the Lighthouse a few years ago and it was amazing.

loved LOVED the film and the 2 series made after. They were quite good. Got the DVDs still :)
    and the books... and the books his son wrote... I love DUNE.

and lamps too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Myself and my good lady are also big fans of Dune. Although I'm not that fond of the recent(ish) mini series.
    Been on the lookout for some screen used props over the last while actually.

I assume you fans have seen Jodorowsky's Dune, thoughts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Myself and my good lady are also big fans of Dune. Although I'm not that fond of the recent(ish) mini series.
    Been on the lookout for some screen used props over the last while actually.

I assume you fans have seen Jodorowsky's Dune, thoughts??

I can get you a bucket of sand used in the movie :)

Not seen the mini-series loved the movie so might check it out.

haven't seen it. I wasn't even aware it had been made at all, i thought it was abandoned or sth . He admited himself not having read the books.
    saw a few docuvids on youtube but it looked like it was just a mishmash of different art styles, phalic symbols, ****-spitting machines and not at all respectful of the vision of the author.

thought the first mini series was a good attempt and complemented the film in a way.

I can get you a bucket of sand used in the movie :)

Not seen the mini-series loved the movie so might check it out.

If you could put a sticker on the side of the bucket and sign it as authentic Screen used Dune sand we have a deal :)
    LongZ wrote: »
    haven't seen it. I wasn't even aware it had been made at all, i thought it was abandoned or sth . He admited himself not having read the books.
    saw a few docuvids on youtube but it looked like it was just a mishmash of different art styles, phalic symbols, ****-spitting machines and not at all respectful of the vision of the author.

thought the first mini series was a good attempt and complemented the film in a way.

It's just a documentary, he didn't get to make the movie. It's be interesting if he did :)

Steve X2 wrote: »
    If you could put a sticker on the side of the bucket and sign it as authentic Screen used Dune sand we have a deal :)

It's just a documentary, he didn't get to make the movie. It's be interesting if he did :)

I've read the reviews of the doc and it sounds like it could have been the definition of epic.
    Perhaps we'll see a new movie in the not too distant future, I'll have to go and play Dune 2 on the Megadrive now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Picked up an amstrad gx4000 today, with a handful of games, can't wait to go home, power it up and hopefully not be too disappointed! Will throw up some smexy pics in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Picked up an amstrad gx4000 today, with a handful of games, can't wait to go home, power it up and hopefully not be too disappointed! Will throw up some smexy pics in the morning

I remember seeing one of these on sale way back in 1991! As a poor 1st year college student I could not afford one back then but managed to scrape enough money for a sega megadrive not long after.:)

My kickstarter reward for that Amiga book arrived today. Pretty nice actually and signed by Phil Thornton and John Twiddy.

LtJi71N.jpg

7bnwIGG.jpg

Boxed Amstrad goodness!

am1_zpsfdxuvulz.jpg

We got power!!

am2_zpstgwd6q0u.jpg

We got games!!!

am3_zpslhwsrl4f.jpg

Yay, it works

am5_zpspsaicsc4.jpg

Well Burnin' Rubber, the pack in game, ain't great to start with. Maybe No Exit is better?

am6_zpscblfzugr.jpg

Well that didn't last long. A very very poor man's fighting game. Maybe Barbarian II will be as good as I remember on the aul c64 way back when

am7_zpsxjdvqfhx.jpg

am8_zps8jwflgoa.jpg

Feck! I can't turn round! Will have to find the manual online and learn the moves again, I fancy some head chopping so will come back to this. Decent port. Now for Switchblade!

am10_zpsqypsv2wy.jpg

am11_zps32epydrq.jpg

Ooh! Pointless storyline!!

am12_zpslimugrrk.jpg

am13_zpsr73mzna7.jpg

Jakers!! Okay ya got me, this is gonna be good! Let's go kick some butt Hiro!!

am14_zpsqo6dablj.jpg

Meh, poor generic platformer :( It took me a good few minutes to realise this wasn't a dead end, you have to walk left STRAIGHT THROUGH THE WALL??!! Who even does that??!!

am15_zpso7w35ewr.jpg

Gah!! Another dead end!!

Ah in fairness it's a niche console, I think I'll get a bit of enjoyment out of Barbarian II and Switchblade when I get into them, gonna keep my eye out for a copy of Pang too.

Oblig picture of where the magic happens!!

am16_zps7cbvgvla.jpg

Check out the CPCWiki forum, a flash cartridge has just been released for the GX4000 and CPC+ range with plenty of original Amstrad CPC games being converted to cartridge format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Boxed Amstrad goodness!
    I love the fact that we can tell how far into your play session you are by how empty your beer gets towards the end. :P

• Advertisement

Check out the CPCWiki forum, a flash cartridge has just been released for the GX4000 and CPC+ range with plenty of original Amstrad CPC games being converted to cartridge format.

Now that might just about make it worth owning

Finally ordered, I think, the final two rgb cables for the collection, a Saturn one and one for the Sega CDX, the latter simply being a MD2 rgb cable.
    Also ordered Sonic Wings for the PS2, a nice collection with all sorts of extras.

Ordered a snes everdrive yesterday, the price has always put me off but said feck it at this stage, has to be done.

Ordered a snes everdrive yesterday, the price has always put me off but said feck it at this stage, has to be done.

nice,
    gotta treat yourself every now and then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

nice,
    gotta treat yourself every now and then :D

19fxq9hwi62etgif.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What are they going for these days?

Star Lord wrote: »
    What are they going for these days?

$93 - €84.42 shipped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Seems they can convert games released on disks to cart/ROMs, list here.
    I'd think I'd like a 6128plus, fear of getting a good game to find out it needed a keyboard input :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

None of the old CPC 464 tape games would work then? :(

• Advertisement

Star Lord wrote: »
    None of the old CPC 464 tape games would work then? :(

The vast majority of them were also available on disk. Non multiload tape games are convertible as well I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement