Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Something big just came down off adverts.

More updates at the end of the summer, dont even have room for this beast till then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

eddhorse wrote: »
    Good work.

What sort of cycle would you use for that? An eco wash?
    No detergent, normal cycle but removed before dry cycle. All socketed chips removed first.

Before:
    2qlcr52.jpg

After 15 mins:
    288obkl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Something big just came down off adverts.

More updates at the end of the summer, dont even have room for this beast till then

Ohhh congrats, make it so :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Los Lobos wrote: »
    i can throw ya a few games if ya dont mind crappy labels dr. Bob
    yes please!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,730 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

- Next up is a pair of wico leaf sticks for my long overdue Multiwilliams panel, now all I need is to source someone with a router to route out the buttons and sticks. Do people normally top mount or bottom mount their sticks?
    n33qbs.jpg
    http://www.retroblast.com/reviews/joysticks/wico.html
    Bottom mount unless your panel/wood is super thick.

- You can probably do it without a router; just get a good drill + Forstner or spade bit. all there I think

• Advertisement

Last edited by CiDeRmAn; Today at 14:54.
    Not cool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not cool.

Massive apologies there man
    I thought I had quoted you, not edited you.
    Just goes to show me the limits of using a phone to use Boards.
    Sorry again :(

I think I returned it good as new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I thought I had quoted you, not edited you.

I've done that myself on occasion, the 'edit' and 'quote' buttons are very near each other :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got a nice little present from my American friend.

353388.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ooh nice. It's been climbing again in price lately I notice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not retro but got Yoshis Woolly World and a two Yarn Yoshi Amiibo characters.
    I hope to pick up King Dedede tomorrow, making my Kirby set complete.

Retro wise all is quiet, might pick up a few bits for my now recovered Colecovision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

I posted the pics a while back but here's a vid of a couple of MSXies I got recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

don't think anyone is buying much retro at all because so much of it's outside Ireland, and the cost has gone up with the € so weak, and could get weaker if Greece leaves the EU.
    great time to be selling on Ebay UK though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Retr0gamer wrote: »

353388.jpg

Nice cable is it full RGB ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

don't think anyone is buying much retro at all because so much of it's outside Ireland, and the cost has gone up with the € so weak, and could get weaker if Greece leaves the EU.
    great time to be selling on Ebay UK though.

I think the rising prices coupled with the falling euro value are making buying at a decent price harder. Still a lot of well priced games available from Japan if you shop around and look outside of eBay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

353388.jpg

Label is torn, will give you €20 or swap for something in my ads.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Half eaten packet of taytos and some advice should cover it, wouldn't feel comfortable taking a whole 20 euro from you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

- You can probably do it without a router; just get a good drill + Forstner or spade bit. all there I think

+1 for above, I'd just add that if using a spade bit don't all the way through with it or you risk it getting messy on the other side, Just drill around halfway through then again from the other side for a super clean finish both sides. A spade bit is my preferred weapon of choice when building control panels and it also works great on polycarbonate of you are thinking of having a clear overlay.

Use a corded drill if possible.

If you are ever in mayo I'll do it for you. we can do a test piece in mdf so get an ideal of fitting it out. if we need to route out the underside a bit for the joysticks we can do that too.

I might even have a leftover piece of polycarbonate left over from my last build thats big enough for a clear overlay.

+1 for above, I'd just add that if using a spade bit don't all the way through with it or you risk it getting messy on the other side, Just drill around halfway through then again from the other side for a super clean finish both sides. A spade bit is my preferred weapon of choice when building control panels and it also works great on polycarbonate of you are thinking of having a clear overlay.

Use a corded drill if possible.

If you are ever in mayo I'll do it for you. we can do a test piece in mdf so get an ideal of fitting it out. if we need to route out the underside a bit for the joysticks we can do that too.

I might even have a leftover piece of polycarbonate left over from my last build thats big enough for a clear overlay.
    If you clamp two pieces together it should prevent the blowout.

Another Wild Amiibo Appears!
    King Dedede attacks with hammer
    Hammer is super effective!

• Advertisement

Few gets from here and there. The NES Top Loader from Adverts, looking at all my options with getting that up and running, mod etc. Summoner for Gamecube, Skyblazer for SNES, which was one of my favourite rental games as a kid and Oscar for SNES as well, a reasonably uncommon game.

1i08cw.jpg

Oscar is pish but Skyblazer is a real unappreciated classic. The company that made it made the surprisingly good Hook on the SNES and a few other games before making some of the best stuff for the Neo Geo Pocket. Definitely worth checking out the rest of their work.

Oscar is pish but Skyblazer is a real unappreciated classic. The company that made it made the surprisingly good Hook on the SNES and a few other games before making some of the best stuff for the Neo Geo Pocket. Definitely worth checking out the rest of their work.

Ya Oscar is fairly bad alright, just got to add to the collection really and for the uncommonness of it. I could have bought Skyblazer 2 or 3 times over when I was younger from the amount of times I rented it. Ah just saw they made some of the Metal Slug games for NGP too, nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Thanks to James Howlett for the Ness Amiibo!

More Earthbound merch, got the Ghost Ness as a freebie.

More Earthbound merch, got the Ghost Ness as a freebie.

Ghost Ness?
    Is that some kind of spoiler right there?
    No Ness, No! Stay out of the light!

Ghost Ness?
    Is that some kind of spoiler right there?
    No Ness, No! Stay out of the light!
    Big spoiler - Ness becomes Ghost Dad, sorrynotsorry.

It's not a spoiler, it's a status - "In Mother and EarthBound, unconscious (fainted) party members take the form of spirits."
    unconscious.png
    I'm usually wary about posting spoilers since YouTube comments ruined a few things for me.

And I let you know exactly how little of Earthbound I have played, which is none :(

You're not a real collector unless you have an earthbound cart.

• Advertisement

And I let you know exactly how little of Earthbound I have played, which is none :(
    It should be a set rule you can't be here without playing it, hand in your notice asap.
    Jkjk, you should give it a go it's definitely one of my favourite games of all time. I don't think it's too long? Probably 20 hours? I'm sure someone will correct me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement