Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Get City, post here when you get something new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't be silly.
    It'll be the week after.
    And for twice what I paid for it.
    To you.
    Hooray for capitalism!

Actually, better still, I could walk back in there and get €48 credit for it, after paying €30 for it from that very shop.
    Tee hee, giggle....
    Ill buy it for 50 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

got these yesterday. swapped for one of my paintings :)
    I love trades
    11742799_10153479919513276_6335112764609510586_n.jpg?oh=9c6778c17d211ae87e9e137bc3ccdb8f&oe=56539186

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got this pic a few mins ago from the GF. I’ve been teaching her the “Steve’s Sexy Device Photo Angle”, but she still hasn’t quite got it :)

ejWJwnu.jpg

vWihMDl.jpg

Can’t wait to get home and try it out. Can’t wait to get home to try out a scart switch! perhaps I need to re-evaluate my life a bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

That's really nice. Do you know how long the wait time is on them Steve? Any chance of a link to where you picked it up?

That's really nice. Do you know how long the wait time is on them Steve? Any chance of a link to where you picked it up?

He's not taking any more pre-orders on it. But no harm to keep an eye on the link below. I waited 9-12 months I think.

http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/gscartsw-automatic-8-1-scart-rgb-switch.52513/

• Advertisement

Just home now, that SCART thingy is like the Rolls-Royce of SCART thingies :)
    Really nice bit of kit, probably too expensive for what it is though.

sjqsNrY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Does look like a tasty bit of kit but ya its pretty expensive for a SCART switcher. Doubt he's making much out of it either, PCB's that size are expensive to get made and fecking SCART connector are hard to source now as well...

Might have been better off with 2 smaller interconnecting boards so could have been 4 way or 8 way, just a thought not a criticism :)

Does look like a tasty bit of kit but ya its pretty expensive for a SCART switcher. Doubt he's making much out of it either, PCB's that size are expensive to get made and fecking SCART connector are hard to source now as well...

Might have been better off with 2 smaller interconnecting boards so could have been 4 way or 8 way, just a thought not a criticism :)

Yeah, but it's nice to have the sync stripper built in as well, and VGA out is a bonus in case i want to do any vid capture.
    I dont regret getting it(well, 2 actually when the second arrives :))

Is the VGA out upscaled to 31KHz ?

Actually, not 100 percent sure. Wont get around to testing it properly for a day or so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Couldn't you, Mr Bandit, build a more cost effective and local RGB scart switcher thingy?

Couldn't you, Mr Bandit, build a more cost effective and local RGB scart switcher thingy?

Possibly but certainly wouldn't be as pretty :)

Anyway I think I should finish off my existing project list before looking at anything else !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

where's the other one Steve?

where's the other one Steve?

en route

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BGOllie

found this for €2 today :D
    11752579_10153481067478276_6478539176712211523_n.jpg?oh=6c5f8ae4505254f7b2a99aabe6af0867&oe=56525A71

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,729 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The beginnings of my Dreamcast collection:
    LYlVxcY.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,630 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's a good start, now get some Powerstone and Metropolis Street Racer in there!!

But wait....
    There appears to be a sneaky CD-R back there....
    time for this???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's clearly a Utopia disc for imports!

And now I own a launch era Xbox 360!
    No HDMI, she is slotted into the CRT upstairs and Deathsmiles has never looked better!
    Must pick up an RGB cable of some sort for it now, I have a component cable, actually I now have three component cables, but the Trinitron doesn't accept that input.

Edit: It's OK, just ordered one, hopefully be here before I go on holidays.

Picked up this book from Amazon, been on my watch list for ages. It's actually quite nice and comes with some vinyl, which is nice :)

It's a game art book by the way.
    Push Start: The Art of Video Games (Book & Music CD) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/3943573095/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_lHbQvbEXKZENV

It says it comes with a CD, but it's definitely vinyl.

wqgP3ab.jpg
    469QKQQ.jpg
    Clma1dG.jpg
    vt9y8go.jpg
    nUV7Epp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Thats lurvly !! Swits swoo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

I got some cheapo "RGB" SCART cables for the wii (never had a problem with cheap cables in the past) but the colors are all messed up.
    For the ps2 mine were all green until I switched YbPr to RGB in the settings but I'm not sure how to do that on the wii, I've messed with all the PAL and NTSC settings in the emulators too, but to no avail.
    Is there something I'm missing or did I get some dodgey cables that weren't wired correctly?
    11700514_861131610636875_4496779032963578909_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Mini Comp-Pro joystick for the child :)
    355584.jpg

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Mini Comp-Pro joystick for the child :)
    355584.jpg

Teeth marks incoming in 3...2...1....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got Sonic Adventure DX, I had it on PC but not GameCube

Well, good luck having fun with Big the fecking Cat!

Confirmed with the guy, VGA isn't upscaled, just pushed out as is.

Picked up Saint Saiya: The Hades and Gunbird, both for the PS2, and for less than a fiver combined in CEX, Santry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Well, good luck having fun with Big the fecking Cat!
    I have no choice, he saved one of my people
    froggy.jpg
    Let me sing you our song

• Advertisement

Saint Seinya is.... odd...
    Not sure it's my cup of tea at all :(
    As for Gunbird, my instincts were correct as I already own it :(
    But, Hey!
    Makes for good prizes at the next Beers in mine!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement