Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a cheque

Options
  • 24-06-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

sorry for the simple question

Can I lodge a cheque made out to someone to my company account? Someone has asked me to cash a cheque made out to their name, I can give them cash as they will spend half with me but can I lodge it ok to my company account?

get them to sign the back is it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

You are not a bank, don't cash cheques for anyone would be my strong advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

thanks Bandara, its someone i know and just for €100 made out to them. I was wondering if i lodged it with my bank at the machine would it be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

Buttercake wrote: »
    thanks Bandara, its someone i know and just for €100 made out to them. I was wondering if i lodged it with my bank at the machine would it be ok.

Ah fair enough, apologies, the 'they'll spend half with me' just sounded very suss

Yes, if they sign the back if it you can lodge it. If it's crossed to them your bank may reject it though, and there a hefty enough fee for that

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

thanks again, yeah its crossed to them so not bothering

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

If it is crossed it must be lodged by the payee to his/her own account. Uncrossed it could be endorsed by them, cashed by you and subsequently lodged to your account. Lodging it could be a lottery, processing is done in the Far East and in recent years the quality of staff in retail banking has deteriorated to the level where few of them would even know the basics of a cheque.

• Advertisement
Advertisement