Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Engineer to get to do a house inspection?

• 24-06-2014 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Any recommendations out there for a thorough structural/civil Engineer that would inspect and report on a house as part of a house purchase?

Haven't went as far as going sale agreed on any house yet but it would probably be a maximum of about 20 minutes from the city.

Might be best to have someone in mind in case things start moving. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Be careful as some engineers do a pre purchase report - will be in the region of €350 - €400 but they are not structural reports - if that makes sense.
    They will look at external of house, internal fittings, floors, ceilings etc and point out anything that may need work in short - medium and long term like BER etc
    Just a heads up to check in advance - best of luck with your buying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

We bought a house last year and used John Garrett lovely chap and very thorough.

I can't recommend him highly enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

elmolesto wrote: »
    We bought a house last year and used John Garrett lovely chap and very thorough.

I can't recommend him highly enough.
    Also found John excellent, he actually preferred if you were present for the inspection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭owenmul

Dennany Reidy Associates ask for John or Austin.

Phone Number is 061 310 701.

Very good Engineers and Reasonable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

John Garret, does he do sign off on works like installation of beams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭McSween

John Garrett appeared to be quite strict on his reports when I had dealings with him. A nice guy and I recommend also.

Advertisement